My First Test E Cycle. Advice And Suggestions

A-man02

Hi there,
I'm a 24 year old male and have been lifting seriously for about 4 years now. I'm 5'11" tall, 190lb and around 12% body fat. I've made some good gains naturally over the years (put on around 20kg of lean muscle) and am thinking of taking my training to the next level by starting my first cycle of Test E at 500mg per week. This is my proposed cycle:

Week 1-12: Test E 250mg x2 pw
Week 1-14: Arimidex 0.5mg e3d
Week 3-12: HCG 250iu x2 pw

Pct:
Week 14-16: Nolva 40mg ed
Week 16-18: Nolva 20mg ed
Week 18-19 (optional): Nolva 10mg ed
Week 16-Onwards: Activate Xtreme (test booster)

My macros are as follows:
4000 calories
350g of protein
450g of carbs
90g of fats

This is a bulking diet and I'm looking to put on some lean mass and gain strength. Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Personally i would bump test to 750mg a week and add Clomid to your pct. Just my opinion tho

Personally i would bump test to 750mg a week and add Clomid to your pct. Just my opinion tho

Would the sides be a lot more pronounced if I bumped the test up? I was told 500mg is a good starting point. Also is taking both clomid and Nolva neccesary or would either one be sufficent?

a-man , first cycle because you still don't know how your body will quite respond to the dosing , id just stick to 500mg per week and that's it . then next run you can adjust when your more confident and know how youll be . just my opinion . sides can definetly increase at 750 as opposed to 500 . but other then that looks like you did some research and everything looks fine .

all you need to change is add clomid 50mg ed through pct.. everything else looks good

Thanks for the information guys! Il look to add clomid to my pct. Just one more question regarding taking finesteride. Ive been considering taking some during the course of my cycle as I am very prone to MPB (it runs it the family). I've heard very mixed reviews about it some good and some terrible. Would it be worth taking it as ideally I'd like to keep as much of my hair as possible (although I haven't lost a noticeable amount yet, my hair is starting to thin a bit). Are the sides as bad as people make then out to be ie. will destroy your labido, and effect gains and strength?

Looks good after the Clomid added in for PCT.
question
- why start HCG in week 3, and not week one with your test e??
Got similar first cycle to you. But for HCG after last shot of test e and other PCT stuff and timing have a thorough read of this link and see what you can milk out of it.

steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/664646-cycling-beginners-guide-safe-androgen-use.html

Good luck bro, and kudos on posting up a descent plan so far for your first cycle :)!

Looks good after the Clomid added in for PCT.
question
- why start HCG in week 3, and not week one with your test e??
Got similar first cycle to you. But for HCG after last shot of test e and other PCT stuff and timing have a thorough read of this link and see what you can milk out of it.

steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/664646-cycling-beginners-guide-safe-androgen-use.html

Good luck bro, and kudos on posting up a descent plan so far for your first cycle :)!

Thanks ninja. Regarding the hcg timing, I only have 5000iu of hcg (enough for 10 weeks @500iu/pw). It is my understanding that it is important to discontinue hcg 2 weeks before AAS clear the system to allow your testes to become re-sensitized to your bodies own LH production. As I've only got a 10 week supply would it not make sense starting the hcg on week 3 and stop it around the same time as my last Test E pin? Thanks again

Last edited:
Back