My girlfriends first cycle: need some advice

ken_way

Hey there,

My gf has been begging me recently to get her on juice too, I´ve got some decent experience myself, however I dont know that much about female cycles (Ive been doing some serious research though), so I though you guys might help.

My gf stats: 24 y old, lifting around 4 years consistently, following solid meal plan and training program. Atm she is 145 lbs and about 22-25 % bf, but looking really good (got some solid muscle foundation). On cycle she will be eating 2300 kcal (about 200 kcal above her maintance), in 6-8 meals a day (250 carbs, 190 protein, 60 fat).

Her goal is to add lean muscle mass, possibly with losing a little bit of fat (which is quite possible as its her first cycle and nutrition is perfect).

I was thinking about this:

Weeks 1-10: 10mg Anavar ed (split into 2x 5mg dose)
Weeks 1-8: 25mg Proviron (maybe only 12,5, depends on how her body reacts)

Now this is what I found out from research and was also suggested me by good female friend, who has been juicing for some time. She also mentioned adding tamoxifen. I have a few questions though:

1) 3) MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION: Can she take birth control pills when on this cycle ? Doesnt it contradict with var/proviron/tamoxifen ? I wouldnt like to get her pregnant or something.
2) What about doses of var larger than 10 mg? (15-20mg) is there high risk of viralisation ?
3) Is tamoxifen really worth it for females as a regular part of cycle ? From what I understood, tamoxifen should potentially help her burn more fat.

Last edited:
For her first cycle I wiuld stick to var only to see how she reacts, she can consider adding provi at a later date.
With var, she should start at 5mg daily to see how things go, then increase it to the 10mg ed (split into the 2x5mg dose).

As for questions:

1) Var & provi don't interact strongly with bc pills but tamoxifen certainly does.
She should be using at least one other form of birth control just to be safe & avoid the bc pills only if she's determined to use tamox but I'll get to that in Q3...

2) Some women can handle higher doses of var, some cant.
Contray to forum myths, var CAN lead to virilization even at such low doses as 10mg, that's why I recommend she start at 5 then if she has no signs of virilization bump it up to 10mg in 4 weeks time. She may be able to go higher but you should determine this once she's stayed at 10mg for at least 4 weeks - then if she's ok bump it to 12.5mg & so on.

3) Tamoxifen's fat burning is overrated & I dont recommend she take it unless she's in contest mode, which she isn't.
The "fat burning" from tamox is actually her estrogen levels dropping, making her hold less water & appear leaner. Its actual thermogenic effect is minimal.
She should NOT, under any circumstances, start messing around with tamox without regular bloodwork to check her estrogen - any compound that has anti-estrogen effects can have very negative consequences for women.
IMO, she should avoid tamox completely.

Well done for taking her health seriously, any other questions just fire away.

I'd avoid the DHT derivatives until you guys know how she responds to more "female friendly" AAS like the var. I *love* proviron, but it could bring out some crazy sides if they're sensitive.

My .02c :)

Thank you guys for input, really appreciate it :) I will get her some pharma grade var, get her started at lower dose and we´ll see how things go :)

For her first cycle I wiuld stick to var only to see how she reacts, she can consider adding provi at a later date.
With var, she should start at 5mg daily to see how things go, then increase it to the 10mg ed (split into the 2x5mg dose).

As for questions:

1) Var & provi don't interact strongly with bc pills but tamoxifen certainly does.
She should be using at least one other form of birth control just to be safe & avoid the bc pills only if she's determined to use tamox but I'll get to that in Q3...

Contray to forum myths, var CAN lead to virilization even at such low doses as 10mg, that's why I recommend she start at 5 then if she has no signs of virilization bump it up to 10mg in 4 weeks time. She may be able to go higher but you should determine this once she's stayed at 10mg for at least 4 weeks - then if she's ok bump it to 12.5mg & so on.

3) Tamoxifen's fat burning is overrated & I dont recommend she take it unless she's in contest mode, which she isn't.
The "fat burning" from tamox is actually her estrogen levels dropping, making her hold less water & appear leaner. Its actual thermogenic effect is minimal.
She should NOT, under any circumstances, start messing around with tamox without regular bloodwork to check her estrogen - any compound that has anti-estrogen effects can have very negative consequences for women.

i was going to give my input.. but rip has done a great job here...

As for questions:

One question, do women not get shutdown on cycle? I ask because you mentioned tamox could affect her estrogen levels... If shes shutdown shouldnt there be next to zero estrogen anyway?

One question, do women not get shutdown on cycle? I ask because you mentioned tamox could affect her estrogen levels... If shes shutdown shouldnt there be next to zero estrogen anyway?

Women dont get shutdown in the sense that men do - thats why they dont require pct.

Taking any anti-e is the equivalent of forcing a woman into menopause, which is something I'm very uncomfortable with in relation to their health.
Basically, anti-e's cause a bunch of menopause irregularities that women may never recover from, which is why I'm not comfortable recommending tamox outside of contest prep - the slightly dry look isn't worth the serious sides.

Women dont get shutdown in the sense that men do - thats why they dont require pct.

Taking any anti-e is the equivalent of forcing a woman into menopause, which is something I'm very uncomfortable with in relation to their health.
Basically, anti-e's cause a bunch of menopause irregularities that women may never recover from,
which is why I'm not comfortable recommending tamox outside of contest prep - the slightly dry look isn't worth the serious sides.

So you don't recommend pct for a gal on var? Newbie so I'm curious, I see some female threads about having to take pct after.

Back