My Goals, Worries and My First Cycle....

F1 Power

Hi everyone. I've been lurking here for a little over a year. I've learned as much as I could through just reading but I now feel I need to ask for opinions of MY particular cycle. It's hard just searching and reading because everyone's goals and cycles seem to differ.

Here's where I'm at....
I'm 29 years old, 5'10", 150 lbs. I honestly only want to put on 10-15 lbs....maybe 20 and I'd like to keep it. My cycle is very mild...1cc of test (British Dragon sust) a week, nothing else besides post treatment therapy when my cycle is done.
I started this just 3 days ago so I'll have questions as I go along.

With as small a dosage I'm taking, I'm still worried about acne, increased heart rates and hairloss. When I was younger (9 years ago), I was prescribed Accutane and someone told me if I've had a cycle of it before, I shouldn't have a problem with acne again. Am I being overly paranoid with this size doseage?

Thanks

Last edited:
F1 Power said:
I honestly only want to put on 10-15 lbs.

With your stats, you could honestly do it naturally. It wouldn't even take that much hard work.

F1 Power said:
With as small a dosage I'm taking, I'm still worried about acne, increased heart rates and hairloss. Am I being overly paranoid with this size doseage?

Thanks

I think your being overly paranoid. I barely saw any acne @ 500mg/wk, but significantly more at 750mg/wk. But it just depends on the person, same goes for hairloss.

I really don't think you need to cycle to achieve your goals though.

I don't mean to flame you, but with your stats your probably not eating enough food and no matter how much steroids you put in your body, if your not eating your not gaining.

outlawtas2 said:
I don't mean to flame you, but with your stats your probably not eating enough food and no matter how much steroids you put in your body, if your not eating your not gaining.

Not flaming at all :)
I appreciate the input. Everyone tells me I eat alot including friends who considerably outweigh me. Maybe it's still not enough....

outlawtas2 said:
With your stats, you could honestly do it naturally. It wouldn't even take that much hard work.
Agreed.

outlawtas2 said:
I think your being overly paranoid.
Agreed.

F1, your cycle is sensible and harmless, to the point of being a bit too cautious. You should first have given it your absolute best naturally, but I see you started already.
No matter what your friends are telling you and no matter what your genetics are - you are NOT eating enough. FYI, a bulker of mine consists of 8 meals a day.

Thoms said:
No matter what your friends are telling you and no matter what your genetics are - you are NOT eating enough. FYI, a bulker of mine consists of 8 meals a day.

On the subject of eating, I should also mention although I do eat alot, I carefully watch what I eat. No fast food, haven't touched soda in over 3 years. I stay away from sodium at all costs. I eat roughly 5-6 meals a day....fairly sizeable meals. Reason I watch what I eat is because I have put on weight where I didn't want it in the past (in my face and my waist). I looked at some old pictures and my face was really bloated looking. People I haven't seen in awhile were telling me I gained weight even though I really didn't. I was just putting it on in the wrong places and that's why I changed my eating habits.

From what you guys are telling me, I'm thinking I should stick to what I'm currently eating but try to eat more? Yeah, I already started the cycle so I'm gonna try to make the most of it while I'm on it.

It is hard to avoid fat gain when gaining muscle...most people 'bulk', meaning they try to maximize muscle growth at the expense of some fat, then 'cut', trying to shed the fat at the expense of some muscle...
It helps to spread the meals to 8, both in terms of muscle gains and fat loss.
Keep in mind you need a calorie excess in order to gain muscle.

Post up what your eating in a typical day, and don't lie - be completely honest if you really want to achieve your goals. I can almost guarantee your not eating enough. Skinny people almost always say "but I eat so much!" No buddy, no you don't!

outlawtas2 said:
Post up what your eating in a typical day, and don't lie - be completely honest if you really want to achieve your goals. I can almost guarantee your not eating enough. Skinny people almost always say "but I eat so much!" No buddy, no you don't!

Today:
Meal 1: 5 scrambled eggs, a pack of oatmeal and fruit
Meal 2: 3 grilled chicken breasts, plain baked potato
Meal 3: Shaved chicken sandwich (wheat bread), yogurt
Meal 4: Big plate of Spinach pasta followed by a bowl of Cheerios.

Also everyday...a big cup of Muscle Milk, Animal Pak vitamins and NO Explode in the evening.

Let me know what I should change or add. Your help is appreciated :)

F1 Power said:
Today:
Meal 1: 5 scrambled eggs, a pack of oatmeal and fruit
Meal 2: 3 grilled chicken breasts, plain baked potato
Meal 3: Shaved chicken sandwich (wheat bread), yogurt
Meal 4: Big plate of Spinach pasta followed by a bowl of Cheerios.

Let me know what I should change or add. Your help is appreciated :)

Meal:

1. Eggs are good, don't used packaged oatmeal, too much sugar. Use the plain one from Quaker (or whoever) and give your self about 2-3 packs worth in a bowl, if your bulking you can always throw on some brown sugar or honey if you must. Fruits always good and tastey too.

2. Good meal. I don't see why you need 3 breasts, 1 big one is fine.

Meals 3 and 4 should be the same as 2. However, you can change the chicken breasts to any source of meat protein you like (steak, fish, eggs, etc). But make sure to get in about 35-50g of it. And eat a Low GI carb, such as oatmeal, sweet potatoe, brown rice, whole wheat pasta.

That's 4 pretty big meals. You shoul also take a weight gainer right after your workout and a 1 protein shake (or weight gainer) sometime during the day.

You really aren't eating that much, what's worse is your not getting enough protein, and all your protein is pretty much concentrated in the morning.

outlawtas2 said:
Meal:

1. Eggs are good, don't used packaged oatmeal, too much sugar. Use the plain one from Quaker (or whoever) and give your self about 2-3 packs worth in a bowl, if your bulking you can always throw on some brown sugar or honey if you must. Fruits always good and tastey too.

2. Good meal. I don't see why you need 3 breasts, 1 big one is fine.

Meals 3 and 4 should be the same as 2. However, you can change the chicken breasts to any source of meat protein you like (steak, fish, eggs, etc). But make sure to get in about 35-50g of it. And eat a Low GI carb, such as oatmeal, sweet potatoe, brown rice, whole wheat pasta.

That's 4 pretty big meals. You shoul also take a weight gainer right after your workout and a 1 protein shake (or weight gainer) sometime during the day.

You really aren't eating that much, what's worse is your not getting enough protein, and all your protein is pretty much concentrated in the morning.

Good stuff. I will definately eat more protein on top of the shakes.

Since I already started my mild cycle, I will do whatever I can to make the most of it and eating more is a great start. I guess I was being over cautious about the side effects on a small dose but if there's ANYTHING you could think of I should watch out for, please let me know. ....even with this size dose.

F1 Power said:
I guess I was being over cautious about the side effects on a small dose but if there's ANYTHING you could think of I should watch out for, please let me know. ....even with this size dose.

HCG @ 250 iu 2x a week throughout your cycle. This will fight testicular atrophy and help you recover much faster when off.

outlawtas2 said:
Outlaw i dont think you have any right to tell someone that there not ready for steriods.How old are you outlaw 20?21?.How many cycles have you done already 1?2?Should you be using steriods?..Its his body if he wants to use gear thats his business just like its your business.Its not personal outlaw,i read your some of your posts and i think your educated.I love the people who say someone hasen't reached their natural limit.95 percent of the people who say that, haven't reached it themselves.When does someone reach there natural limit? 29 years old?35?.I dont want to wait that long and either do most people.The more you eat,the more you workout,the bigger you get simple as that.People use steriods for different reasons and not just for athletic activities.Some use to look better,feel better,medical reasons and many other reasons.No one has the right to tell someone else they shouldnt use gear.Were talking about healthy adult males.

WTF r u doing said:
Outlaw i dont think you have any right to tell someone that there not ready for steriods.
I really don't think so. Outlaw has both a right and a responsability to tell someone they are not ready, when they come here asking for advice. Mentioning Outlaw's age or cycle experience is pretty irrelevant for discrediting good advice.
It's already clear that F1 wants to take gear for weight gains, not for a medical condition.
While it's true most people use gear before their genetic limit, there is a huge difference between someone at 80% of his max starting gear, and someone skinny taking gear. And the skinnier you are, the worse of an idea it is. And although the decision is ultimately F1's to take, he should get the best advice possible when asked for, even - and especially - when we disagree.

WTF r u doing said:
Outlaw i dont think you have any right to tell someone that there not ready for steriods.How old are you outlaw 20?21?.How many cycles have you done already 1?2?Should you be using steriods?..Its his body if he wants to use gear thats his business just like its your business.Its not personal outlaw,i read your some of your posts and i think your educated.I love the people who say someone hasen't reached their natural limit.95 percent of the people who say that, haven't reached it themselves.When does someone reach there natural limit? 29 years old?35?.I dont want to wait that long and either do most people.The more you eat,the more you workout,the bigger you get simple as that.People use steriods for different reasons and not just for athletic activities.Some use to look better,feel better,medical reasons and many other reasons.No one has the right to tell someone else they shouldnt use gear.Were talking about healthy adult males.

I understand exactly what you mean. However, keep these things in mind:

1. If your not a big guy, it's probably because you don't know how to train or eat properly. You will get big if you eat and train properly naturally. So let's assume you do know how, but you don't apply yourself. Your not getting big. I have been doing intense exercise since age 12, and started bodybuilding at around 16, though my diet wasn't in check until around 18 (when I was 210lb, bulked). I've worked with many different personal trainers, with great backgrounds in bodybuilding and sports for months at a time, so though I'm only 20 years old don't count out my training experience. Obviously I'm still learning everyday, and still have don't know shit compared to some training/nutrition/gear gurus on this board, but you have to start somewhere.

If you take steroids and don't eat/train properly, you will not make gains. If you don't have dedication, you won't make gains.

2. Contrary to popular belief on forums, I think steroids are bad. Do I use them? Yes, but I use them accepting the negative side effects and the fact that they slowly harm your body, even at lower dosages over an extended period of time.

To put it simply, if you don't need to use them, don't! If you don't want to be jacked, if you don't want to be a big guy, if you don't want to be freakin strong then there is absolutely no reason to use steroids.

To be a lean 175lbs at 5'10 you really don't need any steroids.

Last edited:
Thoms said:
I really don't think so. Outlaw has both a right and a responsability to tell someone they are not ready, when they come here asking for advice. Mentioning Outlaw's age or cycle experience is pretty irrelevant for discrediting good advice.
It's already clear that F1 wants to take gear for weight gains, not for a medical condition.
While it's true most people use gear before their genetic limit, there is a huge difference between someone at 80% of his max starting gear, and someone skinny taking gear. And the skinnier you are, the worse of an idea it is. And although the decision is ultimately F1's to take, he should get the best advice possible when asked for, even - and especially - when we disagree.
Did you read the guys post he said he started using 3 days ago.You call telling someone that they should do it naturally after they started their cycle 3 days ago good advice.(lol)i dont...

F1 Power said:
I will do whatever I can to make the most of it and eating more is a great start. I guess I was being over cautious about the side effects on a small dose but if there's ANYTHING you could think of I should watch out for, please let me know. ....even with this size dose.

Man, if you eat and train you will make gains. Your body can't fight it, unless as long as your generally healthy. 250mg a week is fine cycle that many have made good gains off of, it's nothing to shy away from. You can at least applaud yoursel by being conservative with your dosage, many people go over board.

As for sides, watch how your body feels. If you get itchy or puffy nipples, it could be a sign of gynecomastia. If this occurs, beging nolva @ 40mg ED until it subsides. If you get acne, just try to keep cleaner and wash more frequently. There's not much you can do for hairloss, it's pretty much inevitable (there are some things that fight it, but sometimes they fuck with your body so much it's not worth it).

HCG will prevent testicular atrophy. You can also take Arimidex to prevent gyno (I take it throughout my cycle), start with .5mg ED/EOD if you like. This will also help to prevent bloating.

WTF r u doing said:
Did you read the guys post he said he started using 3 days ago.You call telling someone that they should do it naturally after they started their cycle 3 days ago good advice.(lol)i dont...

Is there any reason someone should not discontinue a cycle if their not properly prepared for it?

All I did was tell him my opinion, if you read the rest of the posts they are full of cycling advice, becuse I do understand that people that aren't always ready for steroid use will use them, and it's better that they have good advice in a bad situation then none at all.

WTF r u doing said:

You should first have given it your absolute best naturally, but I see you started already.

Yes, I can see how all this is confusing to you.

Back