My TRT Journey, 4 Months In, New BloodWork

killchill

Hello guys just wanted to share my experience with TRT im currently starting my 4th month

About myself 24 years old, i always felt tired, lethargic, low sex drive, went to my PCP asked for some bloodwork too see my thyrod, test level, etc. everything came within normal range but my TT was only 500 i was not happy about that prior tests i had my TT came at 400, i been excising 5 times a week,sleeping good, eating good, no smoke, no alcohol or drugs for more than 3 years, so i told my doctor id like to raise my testosterone im almost 25 and at 500 TT i wasn't happy with that so doctor put me on 200mg Test Cyp a week.
After that i started reading a lot about TRT and found this great site full of information and people willing to help me.

Protocol
200mg Test Cyp a week split into 2 shots every 3.5 days

i was very concerned about aromatization from the beginning my doc do not test for E2 nor prescribes an AI(things that i learned here are very important ), so i ran private labs for my E2 management and got myself some liquidex from RUI their stuff is good quality.

Here are some private labs i did before my doctors scheduled blood work (i wanted to know where my E2)

6/28/15 200mg Test Cyp a week split into 2 shots every 3.5 days with .25mg liquidex twice a week
Testosterone, Serum 941 ng/dL (348-1197)
Estradiol (NON SENSITIVE) 22.3 pg/mL (7.6-42.6)

7/27/15 200mg Test Cyp a week split into 2 shots every 3.5 days with .25mg liquidex twice a week
Estradiol, Sensitive 9.6 pg/mL (8.0-35.0)

After those labs i decided to drop my liquidex to .125 twice a week i will go get some private BW next week to check if my E2 went up a little since it was too low

Doctors Bloodwork 9/04/15

Testosterone, Total 1032 ng/dL (250-827)
Testosterone, Free 205.6 pg/mL (46.0 - 224.0)
E2 Not tested ill be having private bloodwork this monday to see where im at.

Red, White blood cell count all within range
Cholesterol good
Blood pressure good

I have all the bloodwork here on paper i dont want to type it all so if im missing something important that anyone might want to know ask me i probably have it here on paper.

So in summary after 4 months into TRT im feeling great lots of energy,sex drive went up like a lot hehe, im busting my ass in the gym getting some nice gains, some people comment on me before they used to see me all tired and now i look better even my doctor told me he sees me different in a good way.

Before i was afraid of pinning myself every week sometimes id get sore after injecting but now i think ive mastered it and even found spots in my glutes where i dont even feel the needle anymore so im feeling damn good.

Just wanted to share my experience so far with TRT, hope somebody finds it helpful. any questions feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Your current T numbers are pretty much perfect, but let's see where your e2 is sitting. I'm happy for you that you've found relief from your symptoms.

You should consider adding hCG to your protocol. It has many benefits to both health & mood/bedroom.

Otherwise, you've done well dialing yourself in and props to you for self-educating and looking after your health in the areas that your doctor is lacking. Although some will criticize you for going on TRT at such numbers, but coming from a similar situation as yourself I can sympathize. But it is important to note that you are not hypogonadal by medical standards. Further bloodwork & restarts really should have been exhausted first... none the less, congrats.

Your PCP put you on TRT with natty levels of 500 TT ?
Did you know what your LH, FSH, Prolactin levels were?
I would have tried a different route if it were me...
Low dose HCG or a clomid therapy to get endogenous levels up...
Way too young for TRT...

Im aware that 500 is not very low but after 3 years of eating good sleeping good, no smoke no alcohol, 2 tests came at 400ish and 500(ive never done any steroids) i decided to go to the doctor and ask for testosterone, im lucky he gave me a script with no questions ask.
Yes im almost 25 some may say too young but thats only your perception of how old you should be to be or how low to hop on TRT, im feeling great and being on TRT doesnt affect my life in any negative way only improves it .
Ill stick with test only for few more months and get 100% dialed in with my AI and dose to start messing with HCG.

Im aware that 500 is not very low but after 3 years of eating good sleeping good, no smoke no alcohol, 2 tests came at 400ish and 500(ive never done any steroids) i decided to go to the doctor and ask for testosterone, im lucky he gave me a script with no questions ask.
Yes im almost 25 some may say too young but thats only your perception of how old you should be to be or how low to hop on TRT, im feeling great and being on TRT doesnt affect my life in any negative way only improves it .
Ill stick with test only for few more months and get 100% dialed in with my AI and dose to start messing with HCG.

Sounds like you have your head on straight, onward and upward! You are on it now, might as well dial it in and enjoy the benefits!

I wish I started at 25 instead of fighting my hormones for 10 years first.

Quick update E2 sensitive test came in with .125mg liquidex twice a week
Estradiol, Sensitive 15.8 (8.0-35.0 pg/mL)

thinking of dropping to .1mg liquidex twice a eek to raise it to low 20s even tho im feeling good with e2 level of 15.8

Quick update E2 sensitive test came in with .125mg liquidex twice a week
Estradiol, Sensitive 15.8 (8.0-35.0 pg/mL)

thinking of dropping to .1mg liquidex twice a eek to raise it to low 20s even tho im feeling good with e2 level of 15.8

Very nice. You're lucky to have dialed in so quickly.. I would do the same with your adex dose. OR you could add hCG now.. it will bring your e2 up slightly. Might be a good idea if your planning on adding it in eventually anyway.. Just remember, whichever change you go with, one change at a time. :)

Yes I couldn't have done it without reading and help from others from here.

I will do some more reaseach on hCG but other than keeping my nuts functioning is there any other benefits ?

Fair enough...
400's is shit too...
Might be OK for a while as long as SHBG is low normal... but as you age you get less Free T doing its job cause SHBG and estro go up ...

Yes I couldn't have done it without reading and help from others from here.

I will do some more reaseach on hCG but other than keeping my nuts functioning is there any other benefits ?

For me (and many others) there is a notable difference in sexual & orgasm sensitivity. For that reason alone I will never come off it again lol.

In terms of health & mood benefits, keeping the testes functioning is a great thing. They do more than just produce testosterone. They are also responsible for producing pregnenelone & DHEA - hormones which can affect mood and sense of well being. These are all produced from cholesterol so it will also help bring total cholesterol down, but I don't know how significant that effect is.

Back