My workout : review

g0dsp33d

Just want some thoughts on my workout. I train everything to failure and till it hurts like hell. I generally stick with heavy weights low reps and 3 -5 sets. Reps around 6-10. Always do a lightweight warmup for 20 reps.

Monday - Leg Day
-------------------------
Legs
------
Smith Machine Squats
Power Rack Squat
HackSquats
Leg Extensions
Leg Curls
Seated Calf Raises
Standing Calf Raises

Biceps
-------
Preacher Curls
Seated concentrated Curls
Incline seated curls
Standing Curls

Tuesday - Cardio/Abb Day
-------------------------
Cardio 45 minutes.
Abbs

Wednesday - Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
-----------------------------------------
Chest
------
Dips
Dumbell Bench Press
Incline Dumbbell Press
Decline Dumbell Press
Bench Press
Overhead Dumbell Pull
Dumbell Flyes

Shoulders
---------
Incline Press
Military Press
Arnold Press
Front Dumbell Raise
Reverse Pec-Deck Flye

Thursday - Cardio/Abb Day
--------------------------------
Cardio 45 mintues.
Abbs

Friday - Back, Traps, Neck,
-------------------------------
Pullups
Front Pull-Down
Straight Arm Pull-Down
Bent-Over barbell row
Reverse grip barbell row
One-Arm Dumbell Row
DeadLifts
T-Bar Row

Sat- Sun Off generally but if i do go light weights or running.

for me, that seems like high volume.. liek too many exercises per body part. like keep all the compound movements, like deadlift and squat.. but not so many accessory 'shaping' exercises. IMO youll get into overtraining really fast.

just my .02

That's why I am soar all the time.

I forgot to add I have heavy and light weeks. I don't kill my self all the time.

g0dsp33d said:
That's why I am soar all the time.

I forgot to add I have heavy and light weeks. I don't kill my self all the time.

bro why you asking our advise when you got all the answers already. we still waiting on those video clips of the 635 squats for reps with no spot froma 20 year old 200lb young man.

MM do your photo shoot yet? How's your two business going? hope you making plenty of money. ;)

pullinbig said:
bro why you asking our advise when you got all the answers already. we still waiting on those video clips of the 635 squats for reps with no spot froma 20 year old 200lb young man.

MM do your photo shoot yet? How's your two business going? hope you making plenty of money. ;)
this guy has a 635 lb squat??
those smith machine sqquats must be better than boxes :p

635 for reps. Im dying to see the video clips/photoshoot pics godspeed. Cmon man you promised the whole chem crew you'd at least take pics. PB will host em for you as well.

DougoeFre5h said:
635 for reps. Im dying to see the video clips/photoshoot pics godspeed. Cmon man you promised the whole chem crew you'd at least take pics. PB will host em for you as well.

he can host them he owns two computer companies you big dummy. why cant you remeber important facts like these? :eek:

Give me a couple of weeks. Squats are back down to around 500. I just did 450 yesterday my knee right knee is fucking with me. I pulled my Saurtous Muscle a while back and it gives me shit on my tendens.

No i'm not bullshitting you either. I will try to video tape my entire leg workout for you. From Squats to supersetting them with full hacksquats @ 385. Then to 600+ leg presses watch my face turn red and blue, then off to calf raises.

Depends on when I get time to do this if I can get spotters or not. May just have to do Smith Machine for Squats b/c of my knee but we will see hows that going.

What forum should I keep you guys updated in?

I don't have all the answeres either. Hell I take most of my suggestions from magazines. I rather here everyday peopls opinions too.

I forgot to add my tricep work out on bench days.

g0dsp33d said:
Give me a couple of weeks. Squats are back down to around 500. I just did 450 yesterday my knee right knee is fucking with me. I pulled my Saurtous Muscle a while back and it gives me shit on my tendens.

No i'm not bullshitting you either. I will try to video tape my entire leg workout for you. From Squats to supersetting them with full hacksquats @ 385. Then to 600+ leg presses watch my face turn red and blue, then off to calf raises.

Depends on when I get time to do this if I can get spotters or not. May just have to do Smith Machine for Squats b/c of my knee but we will see hows that going.

What forum should I keep you guys updated in?

if you squatting 6+ for reps you should be pushing close to 1500 on the leg press not to mention a lot more than 385 on the hacks. i mean if you suattin 6+ for reps you not far behind me and i know what i do on leg press and hacks. our hack is a verticval one too. straight up and down, not on an incline.

my wife used to leg press 600 for reps before her car wreck and she weighed 145.

if you pulled one of your sartorius then why are you doing legs at all?

cmon bro you my hero. get it together.

Last edited:
what kind of leg presses you doing though. There are several types. I do full extensions where my kness come to my ears almost. I can crank out 800 + pounds but I don't like being squashed without any spotters.

Hack Squats are the same. I can do more but I hate getting in the hole and not being able to get out. All depends if I got spotters or not. Those are numbers for my base for staring on hacks and leg presses.

I also havn't soley done hacks or leg presses by themselves. I generally super set them with squats right after words till my legs are on fire.

Hell by the end of my leg workout I havet o wobble like a pengiun to get out of the gym.

bah forgot to add I max out the leg press machine it won't take past 900 pounds.

But I am tyring to convience some of the guys up there to get in some olympic 100 pound weights and T-Bar for back.

But they hate when I don't obey the signs that say max load 400 lbs. LOL :D especially on smith machine.

we got two differnt leg presses. hammer strength and one other is a cybex.

still 800 is low for a 600+ squat for reps. If you need spoters for 800 on leg press i doubt the 635 for reps on squats. you may be squatting 635 1/4 way down but not buried. bro i am starting to doubt you now. lets see the video.

if your knees are at your ears on leg presses you doing them wrong anyway. that means you ass is rolling off the seat which can seriously injure your lower back.

i do 6 plates per side on our hack and like i said before it goes straight up and down, not an incline like most i have seen. anyway 6 plates per side for a set of 20. i have a spotter there to trigger the foot pedal so i can rerack it.

cmon bro keep it together. im your fan but we need some footage.

Back