NAC dosing question! Need some advice.

SoftReset

I now have a full supplement cabinet thanks to Austunite's amazing supplement thread, question in regards to NAC. I for some reason swear I ordered 600mg Tabs of NAC, Jarrow Formula. It came in and is 500mg. This was more than likely me spacing out when ordered; however, my question is that the majority consensus including Austunite seem to agree that 1200mg is the correct dosage with an injectable only cycle(Test E in my case). 1800 if orals--can I get away with 1000mg? should I bump to 1500mg? Should I just say fuck it, keep this bottle for 500 daily when off cycle and get another bottle/powder.

Edit: Might as well toss another question in here-- minimum for Vitamin D-3/2 is 2,000iu. I haven't had a panel done in regards to possible deficiency or not; however, I was planning on taking 2,000iu daily--should I bump it higher?

Last edited:
I now have a full supplement cabinet thanks to Austunite's amazing supplement thread, question in regards to NAC. I for some reason swear I ordered 600mg Tabs of NAC, Jarrow Formula. It came in and is 500mg. This was more than likely me spacing out when ordered; however, my question is that the majority consensus including Austunite seem to agree that 1200mg is the correct dosage with an injectable only cycle(Test E in my case). 1800 if orals--can I get away with 1000mg? should I bump to 1500mg? Should I just say fuck it, keep this bottle for 500 daily when off cycle and get another bottle/powder.

Edit: Might as well toss another question in here-- minimum for Vitamin D-3/2 is 2,000iu. I haven't had a panel done in regards to possible deficiency or not; however, I was planning on taking 2,000iu daily--should I bump it higher?

Either or for NAC. 200mg won't be making that drastic of a difference if you run 1000mg but if you have enough, 1500mg won't harm you either. For Vitamin D I'd go 5,000iu unless you know your serum levels are well off.

Either or for NAC. 200mg won't be making that drastic of a difference if you run 1000mg but if you have enough, 1500mg won't harm you either. For Vitamin D I'd go 5,000iu unless you know your serum levels are well off.

Always on top of things doc! I swear you and probably a handful of other guys are on here consistently haha. Thanks for the advice!

I don't know my serum levels unfortunately; however, I do know my mother is Vitamin D deficient and is unable to absorb from the sun.

Also, I know this may sound a bit off the wall; however, as of recently since I started my caloric intake much higher for this cycle I have included 2% and whole milk, before this I drank very little to no milk and very little to no dairy--I also do not go out doors much(like the rest of us hah). I would be VERY lethargic, passing out midday no matter how much sleep I got--granted I lift heavy and often. But the strangest thing has happened every since my cycle began I have been much more awake and very little to no sleepyness until bed time. My carbs before this were under 110, now they are pushing 400+. I feel less foggy, more alert--just strange. Can't really pinpont it since my diet has changed and I am now on test e.

Always on top of things doc! I swear you and probably a handful of other guys are on here consistently haha. Thanks for the advice!

I don't know my serum levels unfortunately; however, I do know my mother is Vitamin D deficient and is unable to absorb from the sun.

Also, I know this may sound a bit off the wall; however, as of recently since I started my caloric intake much higher for this cycle I have included 2% and whole milk, before this I drank very little to no milk and very little to no dairy--I also do not go out doors much(like the rest of us hah). I would be VERY lethargic, passing out midday no matter how much sleep I got--granted I lift heavy and often. But the strangest thing has happened every since my cycle began I have been much more awake and very little to no sleepyness until bed time. My carbs before this were under 110, now they are pushing 400+. I feel less foggy, more alert--just strange. Can't really pinpont it since my diet has changed and I am now on test e.

Thanks brother. In your case I'd do at least the 5,000iu and make sure and take it with a meal that includes dietary fat. It's a fat soluble vitamin and therefore absorbed better in the presence of fat.

In regards to the fogginess, Its almost certainly either the increased carb intake, the cycle giving you a boost, or a combination of the two. Some people have trouble functioning with carbs around 100g/day.

Thanks brother. In your case I'd do at least the 5,000iu and make sure and take it with a meal that includes dietary fat. It's a fat soluble vitamin and therefore absorbed better in the presence of fat.

In regards to the fogginess, Its almost certainly either the increased carb intake, the cycle giving you a boost, or a combination of the two. Some people have trouble functioning with carbs around 100g/day.

I most definitely feel better being higher carbs. If I didn't have my girl around to snap me out of it I'd doze off into a nap. Most definitely will dose the Vitamin D in the mornin with my first meal. I typically have 4 whole eggs, 2 tbsp natty pb and have my first dose of fish oils then so I think I'll be good on fats.

Thanks again man!

Timing on NAC? Any particular time of day? I haven't been able to really come up with a particular time upon searching. I noticed Austunite takes the dose before bed; however, I've come up across some information stating it has anti-catabolic properties so that makes me believe before bed would be best?

I most definitely feel better being higher carbs. If I didn't have my girl around to snap me out of it I'd doze off into a nap. Most definitely will dose the Vitamin D in the mornin with my first meal. I typically have 4 whole eggs, 2 tbsp natty pb and have my first dose of fish oils then so I think I'll be good on fats.

Thanks again man!

Timing on NAC? Any particular time of day? I haven't been able to really come up with a particular time upon searching. I noticed Austunite takes the dose before bed; however, I've come up across some information stating it has anti-catabolic properties so that makes me believe before bed would be best?

Any anti-catabolic properties it might have are minimal in the grand scheme of things. Also your body won't go into a catabolic state just because you're asleep and unable to eat food. That's not looking at things in the big picture where total daily energy intake is what matters or even on a weekly basis. Any food you eat prior to going to sleep will still be digesting well past that point, your body is less active and therefore requires less energy to sustain itself and biological processes like the slowing in the ileal tract will make sure theres nutrients for the body, you are currently on cycle which is huge towards fighting catabolism, etc. NAC does have a shorter half-life, I believe its ~5-6hrs, so what I do is split the dosage into an Am and PM dose. I do 1200mg/day, 600mg in the morning and 600mg before my training in the evening.

Back