Need a HIT Training overveiw with opinions.

bronx_brawla

People do...I don't.
Aright...
I did a forum search on High Intensity Training (HIT)...and like always comming up short on info and a real understanding of it. So my questions are...

How is HIT performed? How often? Whats the pros and cons?etc...and who has actually done it?

I have a freind that swears by this shit!...And he says that if i tried it for a month that i would see results. Whether their minor or major...who the fcuk knows?

Any help is appreciated.
-bx

Last edited:
I come from the school of thought that says that HIIT works much better than longterm cardio. HIITT is typacally performed 2-3 times a week. Honestly I dont think there are really an cons to it. You dont burn as much calories DURING the actual workout but it speeds up your metabolism long afterwards which allows you to burn more fat during the recovery period. I'm doing a form of HIIT called GUERILLA CARDIO .

Jog for 4 minutes at 50% percieved maximal effort.
Sprint 20 seconds
Rest 10seconds
Sprint 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Sprint 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Sprint 20 seconds'
Rest 10 seconds
SPrint 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Sprint 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Sprint 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds
Sprint 20 seconds
REst 10 seconds
Jog at 50% maximal effort for 4 minutes
THE END

It doesnt seem like much, but this thing WORKS.

HIIT cardio is by far the most beneficial. I ususally perform 2 times a week on the elliptical. Start with a 5 min. warm up. Increase intensity to a resistance of 13-14 for 40 sec. Decrease to intensity of 8 for 1 min. and do this on and off for about 20 min. followed by a 5 min. cool down. I add this to 2 sessions of moderate cardio and it leaned me out very nicely. You can vary on pretty much any machine you want.

HIIT Cardio is a winner, I use it and recommend it to everyone capable. I jog ~5 mph for 2 minutes, then sprint 9 or 10 mph for 30 seconds and repeat 8 times. Takes 20 minutes. Definitely pulls the water out. To get really intense (if you can do it without vomitting) replace the sprints with jump squats.

I like HIIT from experience, but the science going against it would be that it takes you over your target heart rate zone (220 - AGE x .85). Once you go above your THR limit your body starts burning through muscle for energy. I personally do not agree with this school of thought because sprinters (HIIT style training) always look harder and more ripped than distance runners (steady state style cardio).

Yeah,
I am with vendela99 HIIT cardio is the way.Try it in the morning with empty stomach with some Carnitine liquid.

Back