Need advice after being ripped off by SARMS1

theheat

I placed an order with SARMS1 and I received an email telling me to pay with Bitcoin. I accidentally purchased Bitcoin Cash from Coinbase, and I sent an email telling SARMS1 that I could pay by Bitcoin cash, or they could wait until I redeposited the funds and purchased Bitcoins, but they told me to go ahead and send it. I sent the Bitcoin cash to the address they gave me, but I didn't hear back, so I sent another email inquiring about the status of my order. Mark from SARMS1 told me that they don't accept Bitcoin cash and that there was nothing they could do. I sent him the confirmation email from Coinbase and he just blew me off and said "thank you for your business".

Is there any way to recover my funds at this point? How could the Bitcoin Cash just disappear into thin air if I sent it to the address that SARMS1 provided to me? Any advice is appreciated.

I am not too familiar with bitcoin that's for sure. Maybe one of the mods or admins would better serve you in figuring that out.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask brother.

Cheers FB

On my Coinbase account I can accept Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, and Ox, and Coinbase customer support told me that someone could have received the funds and then just say "they can only accept Bitcoin". I did tell them that I had Bitcoin Cash and they said "go ahead and send it", after which they turned around and said they can only accept Bitcoin. $800 is a lot of money to lose, and needless to say I won't be ordering from Sarms1 anymore after this awful experience.

Back