Need advice - blood tests next month

Dragot

Hi y'all,

In my first post I described my current regimen. For clarity, Test C is 200mg/ml and I am doing .4ml twice a week.

Now, the question. I am changing HGH supplier and brand and am planning to have blood work to validate the new stuff. For that, I will pin 4 or 6 IU around 5:30 am an have blood drawn 8:30 am. For what I have read, if HGH is real, serum HGH should pick 3 hours after administration. Is this correct or timing is off?

Also, since I will be in a lab, I want to test Total and Free Testosterone post my T injection administration. For that I need an advice. What would be the right time between administration and test? 24 hours, 72 hours?

I just want to time it where both tasks are completed simultaneously.

Drago

I dont knw about the hgh, but I can usually catch a peak test level about 24 hours after pinning test e or c

I am looking privatemdlabs web site right now. While HGH test is self explanatory, i am kind of confused which test to order for Testosterone. I would like to evaluate Total and Free testosterone post injection, but also Estradiol. Anecdotally, I am noticing last few weeks or so when hear some heartbreaking story on TV, I literally choke. Nothing wrong for a person to be compassionate, but don't want this to get out of hand :). Anastrozole is already on the way and would be put in use if/when needed.

Here are my numbers prior to TRT for reference: (blood drawn in the morning after 10 hours fasting)

Testosterone Total - 342 (250-827)
Testosterone Free - 6.8 (7.2-24)
Estradiol Sensitive - 13.9(8.0-35)
IGF-1, ECL - 96 (50-317)

So, back to testing... The test that makes sense is "Hormone Panel with F&T Testosterone LC/MS-MS". However, the description reads "This is our Hormone Panel for Females with Free and Total Testosterone LC/MS-MS to provide actual levels when Total Testosterone results are >1500". Can anyone help interpret this for me? Is it only for females or male can be also tested successfully? Looks like combined test (instead of having to order two tests - one for Total and Free T and another for Estradiol?).

Of course, once tested, I will post the results for all to see since I am using Sub-Q method of administration and am sure others are interested of the effectiveness of it.

Don't worry about the "female" in the description - these tests are often appropriate for males and you will have a chance to indicate "male" on the order form.

Unless you think your T will come in over 1500, there isn't any need for the expensive sensitive T test.

The simple "hormone panel for females" or "menopause panel" is a great deal and usually adequate for TRT checkup.

I am sorry bring this question again: I definitely want to test Total and Free T because while pre-TRT the total was "within range", but Free was low which can explain the low quality of life. There are few tests that include those two, AND Estradiol Serum, not Sensitive. How important is testing of serum vs sensitive Estradiol in terms of assessing need of AI?

Standalone Estradiol, Sensitive test is extra expense I would like to avoid if possible.

I am sorry bring this question again: I definitely want to test Total and Free T because while pre-TRT the total was "within range", but Free was low which can explain the low quality of life. There are few tests that include those two, AND Estradiol Serum, not Sensitive. How important is testing of serum vs sensitive Estradiol in terms of assessing need of AI?

Standalone Estradiol, Sensitive test is extra expense I would like to avoid if possible.

If you search "free testosterone" on the privatemdlabs site, you will see every test package that contains it.

Just free and total test by itself is $92 before discount. (hope price talk on tests is ok here)

I recommend the "hormone panel for males" $176 (about $150 after discount), which includes free test, sensitive E2 and a bunch of other stuff (IGF-1, thyroid, CBC, CMP) that I like to see. This is the test I usually order a few times per year.

Friday this week (Oct 7th). Here is the plan: Thursday morning I will take my usual dose Test Cyp (60mg). Friday 5am will pin 6IU HGH (switching to Hyge and want to make sure it is not e dud). Blood will be drawn between 8am-8:30am after 8-10 hours fasting.

As Mprtz suggested, I am ordering "Hormone Panel for Males" which includes Total and Free T, Estradiol (Sensitive) and IGF-1. The goal is to evaluate T levels 24 hours post Sub-Q injection to see the effectiveness of the delivery method. Also E2 - no prostate issues, left boob seems a little "bitchy", belly fat is very stubborn, but primarily I have been very emotional lately. Don't want to end up TIVO-ing Oprah...

I've been on HGH since mid May (Evogene), 2IUs daily (am/pm). Around the same time started TRT and seriously adjusted my diet - high protein, low fat, low carb. Lost 40 Lbs, BF from 28% to 13%. Not sure which is the main contributing factor (perhaps all of the above), but since I have IGF-1 baseline pre-HGH, the new test show if I've wasted $$$.

Also doing Serum HGH test. If the new stuff is real, I am expecting to see some "above normal" serum levels from 6IUs.

While I am anxiously awaiting the test results, had an assessment in the gym on Saturday and wanted to brag about it :) Note that the the first scan was done approximately 30 days after my wife and I drastically changed our diet. At this point I was 206-ish and ~30%BF. On this day - May 26th i had my first T injection and HGH. Wife is on HGH only and went from 165LB / 39%BF to 133LB / 27.2%BF for that same period.

View attachment 565430

It is truly amazing what getting hormones sorted out can do!

So... my wife's results are in. Her test was "Female Ultimate Anti-Aging Panel w/F&T Testosterone". As far as we remember (can't find the sheet right now), her IGF-1 was around 100 (50-317 ng/mL) at Quest. The current level after 3 months on HGH (2IU ED) is 244 (57-195ng/mL) Labcorp. Definitely a big difference.

Testosterone, Free+Total LC/MS - 18.5 (10 - 55 ng/dL)
Free Testosterone, Direct - 4.4 (0.0 - 4.2 ng/dL)
SBHG - 64 (24.6 - 122 nmol/L)

As we see, Free T is high to the reference range. I wander what could be the implications, if any?

Her Estradiol seems high as well.

Estradiol 165.6 (12.5 - 166.0 pg/mL)

Any comments?

Finally, the my results are in. Here are the details about the test conditions:

1. Blood was drawn after 10 hours fasting
  2. 80mg Testosterone Cypionate administered Sub-q (belly fat) 24 hours prior to test
  3. 8IU HGH HYGETROPINE administered Sub-Q (belly fat) 2.5 hours prior to test

Thyroid Panel With TSH
TSH 0.817 0.450-4.500 uIU/mL
Thyroxine (T4) 6.4 4.5-12.0 ug/dL
T3 Uptake 30 24-39 %
Free Thyroxine Index 1.9 1.2-4.9

Testosterone, Free/Tot Equilib
Testosterone, Serum 1153 348-1197 ng/dL
Comment: Adult male reference interval is based on a population of lean males up to 40 years old.
Testosterone,Free 41.16 HIGH 5.00-21.00 ng/dL
% Free Testosterone 3.57 1.50-4.20 %

Prostate-Specific Ag, Serum
Prostate Specific Ag, Serum 0.3 0.0-4.0 ng/mL

Estradiol, Sensitive
Estradiol, Sensitive 52.6 HIGH 8.0-35.0 pg/mL

To all experienced members - please help interpret the results and advice on AI dosage to get Estradiol under control. This level explains some resent troubles I have...

IGF-1
Insulin-Like Growth Factor I 148 61-200 ng/mL

Growth Hormone, Serum
Growth Hormone, Serum 1.6 0.0-10.0 ng/mL

As for HGH, it appears while might be real, it is not so potent as the brand my wife uses (EVOGENE) since she started two months after me but her IGF-1 is 244...

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Drago

Last edited:
My two initial impressions are:

1) You should be on an AI. I would recommend 0.25mg arimidex twice weekly, day after shot.

2) I don't think you're getting much out of your HGH... I would think that just the TRT would push your IGF-1 higher than what it is.

You're in your fifties, correct?

Back