Need advice for first overseas travel to Dominican Republic after being on TRT

NativeTX

I need some advice. I am travelling overseas for the first time since I was young. I am going with my girlfriend (who doesn't know yet that I am on TRT) and friends to DR. I inject twice a week (1/2ml of 200mg test cyp 2X a week). I also take .25 mg of adex and 250IU of HCG 2X a week. I will be gone from a Saturday to a Saturday. I thought about taking my whole 200mg in one injection before I left, but I don't think it would be optimal. I don't see any reason why I would have any problems getting my prescribed test into DR, but I have no experience with this.

I assume that if I pack a syringe and a small vial of test in a packed bag that I shouldn't have any problems. However, I have never done this, so I don't know what the variables of travelling with syringes and prescription Test might be.

I greatly appreciate any advice I can get! I want to make this an awesome trip. I am travelling with my girlfriend and about 6 of her female friends. She doesn't know I am on TRT right now, but I plan on telling her on the next day or so. We are in a relationship, and we are starting to have access (exchanging alarm codes and keys) to each other's places. My Test is in my medicine cabainet, so I've made no attempt to hide it. She's a fitness instructor...lucky me:). And, she make's comments about how great my body is all the time. I'm 43...I don't think it will be a surprise that I am on TRT...LOL. I am probably 7-10% BF.View attachment 561172

Last edited:
Pin before you go and upon returning as needles and meds just look bad, prescription or not. U could go to a DR travel forum and ask ????

I never been but unless u know or can find out about that countries laws customs etc. Why risk it. Take a cc upon returning..you won t crash in 7 nights.....

Take the whole 200mg shot on the saturday before you leave home... You will be ok doing that, I've done it no worries. Is it optimal? Nope. But you can get away with doing a 200mg shot in one hit if you travel occasionally. Just resume your normal protocol when your return and things should be sweet.

I believe it is legal to buy steroids in the DR from any pharmacy. You should be able to buy what you need while you are there should you run into issues.

You could do what Staunched recommended or just take your normal dose right before you leave. You won't even notice it if you only skip one injection while you are on your vacation. Practice skipping an injection at home before you go on vacation to put your mind at ease.

Yeah I suppose if it is legal the pharmacies might offer single amps of Test and you could just shoot half a ml over there on the typical injection day.

That or, just doing the double sized shot before the flight will still suffice. I'd say go for this, it can't hurt to break routine for a week and enjoy the trip ;)

Take the whole 200mg shot on the saturday before you leave home... You will be ok doing that, I've done it no worries. Is it optimal? Nope. But you can get away with doing a 200mg shot in one hit if you travel occasionally. Just resume your normal protocol when your return and things should be sweet.
Thanks for all the feedback and well wishes on the trip! I'm sure I'll have fun either way

I believe it is legal to buy steroids in the DR from any pharmacy. You should be able to buy what you need while you are there should you run into issues.

You could do what Staunched recommended or just take your normal dose right before you leave. You won't even notice it if you only skip one injection while you are on your vacation. Practice skipping an injection at home before you go on vacation to put your mind at ease.

Thanks for the feedback, but I think my question was not entirely understood. I can take 100mg the day before I leave, but what about taking legal steroids into DR? Could I take a half ml into DR to take for my 2nd shot for the week, or is it too much of a risk. Is it a risk to bring things into DR. I see why it would be to take them out, but I don't need to take them out. I just need my prescribed amount while I'm there

Thanks for the feedback, but I think my question was not entirely understood. I can take 100mg the day before I leave, but what about taking legal steroids into DR? Could I take a half ml into DR to take for my 2nd shot for the week, or is it too much of a risk. Is it a risk to bring things into DR. I see why it would be to take them out, but I don't need to take them out. I just need my prescribed amount while I'm there

I think it is a risk to travel with illegal drugs. Get a prescription and it is a different story.

Forget brining it in, unless you have a script.

You've got various options to choose from here, just pick one, my option would be do the double shot before you leave and commence as normal when you get back.

My test cyp is legal. I'm on TRT prescribed by a doc that I pick up from CVS. The only reason that I hesitate to take it all in one shot is that its probably going to get my estradiol out of whack for a week or 2. I have everything running in balance, so I don't want to if there's no issue with just bringing a 1/2 cc and a pin into DR

Kind of buried the lead there!

So just skip the dose as suggested I post #4 if you don't want to travel with your gear. Otherwise take it with you. Make sure you have the containers that show your prescription info

Back