NEED HELP PLEASE! Filtering system?

larmata

Hi all,
I need help please!

I'll make in few days when I'll have receive my deca powder.
I'll have 100gr and so I'll can make 25 200mg/ml 10ml vials.

I have order that:

500ml Millipore Stericup Complete Filter .22
medical-and-lab-supplies.com/filtration/disposable-vacuum-filters/complete-filter-units.html?p=2

Vacuum Hand Pump
ar-r.com/accessories/syringes-needles-filters/vacuum-hand-pump.html

And now I think the plastic receiver will not be good. So I think to order that:

500ml Hybex Glass Media Bottle
medical-and-lab-supplies.com/lab-glassware/media-bottles/pyrex-glass-media-bottles/500-ml-pyrex-glass-media-bottle.html

or

500ml Wheaton Standard Glass Media Bottle
medical-and-lab-supplies.com/lab-glassware/media-bottles/wheaton-standard-glass-media-bottles/wheaton-standard-glass-media-bottle-500ml.html

Is it possible someone help me please?
IS my choice good or I need to buy some other things?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Larmata,

How's it going? How many ML's are you going to do at a time? I did mine in a couple batches in case anything went wrong. That way I wouldn't loose everything in on shot. If you want to do 100 ML's at a time you might want to just get a few 150ml Millipore Stericup Complete Filter .22 and a 125ml receiver bottle.

I used the following and it went really easy:
a) 125ml Wheaton Standard Glass Media Bottle 33mm neck
b) 33mm Caps With Attached Silicone Septas
c) 150ml Nalgene MF75 Bottle Top Filter - 33mm neck

The Nalgenes screw on to the media bottles. I think the Millpores use suction to attach.

That pump you have works good.

Best Regards
Shaq

Thanks a lot shaq,

I have order some other filters like yours. Now I understand what I need. I have ever make my homebrew but just with Whatman syringues filters and it's too hard and ask lot of time when you make lots of products!

I'm going to make some Propio and I have 100gr. My supplier don't sell me little quantitie. So I can make 1000ml 100mg/ml.
But I prefer do like you. I'll make many small quantities.

Thanks again for your answer,
Best regards,
Larmata.

Back