Need help with cutting diet

fl8meplz

I've been training hard for the last 3 years - went from 260's at 36 % bodyfat to current weight with about 8% bodyfat. I don't consider myself a beginner at this point.

Now I want the mother of all cutting diets so I can see my abs. Hell I can see nice vascularity and some striations on upper body, but not in my abs. A friend who is a top regional competitor suggested that it's just loose skin. I don't think it's possible. Sure, it may be a little loose, but if I can get my skin paper thin on my abs it couldn't be loose unless I had air in between my skin and muscles. So, I am not buying the loose skin theory.

My stats are:

6'1"
220lbs
34" waist
around 8% bodyfat - all in the middle of course.

Here is a pretty explicit sample of what a days eating for me is on my so-called cutting diet. I know I drink too much coffee

Eggs
Cheese
1 Coffee w/ Heavy Cream
1 Whey Protein shake
2 or 3 Boneless-Skinless Chicken Breast
Romaine Lettuce
Flaxseed Oil
Blue Cheese Dressing
2 Ground Sirloin Burgers
1 Espresso with half and half

Totals about 2300 Cals
170 Fat
32 Carbs
170 Protien

My math isn't exact and this is just generally what I might eat in a typical day. For meats I have been using chicken, salmon, tuna, and beef.

I don't do any cardio - but I train pretty intense.

Any suggestions? I just don't want to follow this and still have this so called 'loose skin' still around in a couple months.

How long should I expect this to take?

Thanks for the help in advance!

list

break you list down into each meal please. also leave off the half and half,heavy cream and cheese. dairy products will bloat you . also do caridio first thing in the am as soon as you get up. i am no expert but have been on plenty of diets and i know what works for me.
post your meals then we can go into more detail.

bump for feelnfit's request. Post each seperate meal for a day to give us an idea just when, what and how much you are consuming. we can work from there.

are you trying a keto diet? I see a ton of fats!

Thanks - I have removed all dairy - except butter from my diet. I had my last epresso and half-n-half on Sunday.

Atherjen - yes - I am 37 and get fat as a pig if i eat carbs. Keto is only diet that has worked for me in the past in loosing fat. I am trying to get rid of bad fats and add in good fats starting now.

Here is my meal breakdown - started today on this diet. I will substitute Grilled Salmon a couple of times a week for the steak or chicken:

Wake up 5:15 am- 2 cups coffee with 3 teaspoons sugar free powdered creamer.

** low-intensity cardio - fast walk about 2 miles. **

Meal 1 - 5 Scrambled Egg Whites cooked in butter

Meal 2 - GNC Mega Whey shake with 1 tbsp of flax oil

Meal 3 - 6oz Grilled Chicken breast with 1 cup shredded Romaine lettuce. 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar, dash of greek seasoning.

Meal 4 - Same as #2

Meal 5 - 6oz of Sirloin Steak (weighed after cooking) and 1 Cup steamed Brocolli with dash of Seasoning.

** Workout at 2:00 pm approximatly 1 1/2 hours **

Meal 6 - GNC Mega Whey shake with 1 tbsp of flax oil

Meal 7 - Big Salad consisting of 6oz Chicken Breast, 3 Cups Romain Lettuce, 3 or 4 large Olives, Slice of tomato, 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, 2 teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar, dash of greek seasoning.

Breaks down for the day to:

2500 cals
137 Fat
35 Carbs
275 Protein

Please help let me know what I need to add or remove. If I can settle on what is agreed will work in my case, then I will stick to it for as long as it takes. If this isn't eating 'clean' enough I am prepared to hunt and kill for meats and gather for romaine lettuce. :)

meal #1 egg whites cook in what BUTTER ? NO BUTTER.
AFTER YOUR WORKOUT I WOULD CONSume 75% of your total carbs. your shake should contain at least some type of carb such as fresh fruits and some textrose then consume carbs in your meal about 1 hour after workout..then about after 5pm cut out all carbs.

feelnfit said:
meal #1 egg whites cook in what BUTTER ? NO BUTTER.
AFTER YOUR WORKOUT I WOULD CONSume 75% of your total carbs. your shake should contain at least some type of carb such as fresh fruits and some textrose then consume carbs in your meal about 1 hour after workout..then about after 5pm cut out all carbs.

No, butter? Is it just because it's dairy or is it because i shouldn't be eating this kind of fat?

I should have said this before, but I am hypoglycemic. If I consume more than about 15 grams of high gylcemic carbs at a time I will have a blood sugar crash around two hours later. That's the reason for me opting for low carbs even post workout. I had planed to do a carb-up starting every 10 days for two weeks, then every 7, and eventually as I get closer to my goal every 4. Carb-ups I planed to use sweet potatoes, brown rice, salmon, egg whites w/whey shake mix for protein.

Wouldn't you leave out the high-gi carbs post workout in my case?

ok

dextrse is a good simple carb but if you use fruit then thats cool. i myself stagger my carb days. day -1 100 carbs , day-2 300 carbs day-3 6oo then day-4 back to 1oo. this for me now has trick my body and it cannot get use to the carb high, med , low day. i can only go lower for a couple of days only , if i do a high day 2 days before. i tried 20 grams a day for about a week and i got sick, dizzy, just too little for my system. i know am down from 272 to 269 lbs just by staggering my carbs. this week i will start cardio. as far as butter the fat is bad.
just try to leave it out and use pam or some cooking spray. eggs tates funny in olive oil and i donot use that anymore with them.
this now works for me. this may not work for you but you will have to keep trying.
keep up that cardio.. i forgot have you used t-3 or clen. sorry but after typing i forget. too long winded.

i would like to also add that the whole egg is now ok to eat. even the food guide pyramid is to be changed. i had a article on it but cannot find it at this time.

Back