Need help with low T and trying to get wife preggy soon

Hi Jim

Sorry, I was unclear about it. I'm not interested in gaining muscle.

I want to try a HPTA restart with the following protocol:
Days 1-16 HCG 2500Iu EOD
Days 1-30 Clomid 100mg ED
Days 1-45 nolva 20mg ED

I was asking if that is the right protocol?

The test 12 weeks was just a question if it was necessary. I see now that is is not.

Don't run clomid and Nolva while running hCG. hCG first to help reverse testicular/leydig cell atrophy. Get blood work once into hCG regimen to see if TT levels have been restored. Once blood work look good it is time to switch to the SERMs.

Don't run clomid and Nolva while running hCG. hCG first to help reverse testicular/leydig cell atrophy. Get blood work once into hCG regimen to see if TT levels have been restored. Once blood work look good it is time to switch to the SERMs.

Thanks. So would it still be 16 days of HCG 2500UI EOD and then test work, or? I'm confused about the precise protocol including dosages now.

Hi Jim

Sorry, I was unclear about it. I'm not interested in gaining muscle.

I want to try a HPTA restart with the following protocol:
Days 1-16 HCG 2500Iu EOD
Days 1-30 Clomid 100mg ED
Days 1-45 nolva 20mg ED

I was asking if that is the right protocol?

The test 12 weeks was just a question if it was necessary. I see now that is is not.

I am of the personal opinion that Clomid dose is high, but am not the Clomid restart expert, and I know articles out there, like the "Dr. Scally HPTA Restart Protocol" are identical to the one you outlined.

When I was restarted (which a few years later failed), under Dr supervision, it was always done either with Clomid or Tamoxife by themselves. Never any HCG, but that seems to be used more often now.

I'd dig a bit more and potentially even talk to an expert, whether or not you use them. IMT (posting in this very thread) might do "consultation only" services? So you could talk about a protocol but source the required medication on your own... not sure. I guess my point is do it once, and do it right.

-Jim

Last edited:
Thanks. So would it still be 16 days of HCG 2500UI EOD and then test work, or? I'm confused about the precise protocol including dosages now.

I would not recommend that much hCG. And we are talking about running it for weeks, not days. Did you read posts 7 and 9?

Back