New Doc, New Meds, New Regimen?

JonnyBravo22

Cliifs:
- Diagnosed with low T at 26 with a Total T of 275.
- Doc put me straight on injections
- After 2 months he pulled me off injections and endo tried to do a restart with clomd
- 2 weeks at 50mg a day clomid brought my Total T to 800
- 1 month after Clomid numbers fell to 500
- About 8 months later Total T was at 408
- 1 year later they were back to my original baselines (yes I have full panels)
- 1 1/2 years later found another doc and was put on 75mg IM bi-weekly (felt great)
- Estrogen went to high (breaking out) and doc wouldn't give me EB
- Moved and basically gave up on the whole process.

NOW: It has been about 1 year since the last doc. Symptoms were acting up again. So I gave it another shot.

New doc and regimen: She prescribed me 50mg E5D of test and 1mg daily of Anastrozole.

Option 1: She said I could try just taking the 1mg daily of Anastrazole. That somehow it converts estrogen into T and that some men get by with only taking that. I just don't know enough about it as far as long term effects.

Option 2: I take both at the same time. Hopefully this gets me back to feeling how I felt when I was on T and the Anastrozole keeps my E down. (I might take 75mg vs the 50mg)

Any advice would be great. Thank you!

The only time I was prescribed anastrozole, it was at 1mg per week and that crushed my E2 levels. Are sure that dose is daily?

I think the theory is that low E2 will prevent your negative feedback loop from shutting down and your T levels will rise. It has never worked that way for me. I could only see giving this a try if your E2 levels were high and T low.

The only time I was prescribed anastrozole, it was at 1mg per week and that crushed my E2 levels. Are sure that dose is daily?

I think the theory is that low E2 will prevent your negative feedback loop from shutting down and your T levels will rise. It has never worked that way for me. I could only see giving this a try if your E2 levels were high and T low.

Yes the bottle says one a day at 1mg each. I too was skeptical about that heavy of a dose. That is my reasoning for posting in here. I would like to get my number to around 800ng/dl and 20 to 30 estrogen. My T was good on 75mg bi weekly but my estrogen was really high.

But I was wondering if I should try just the Anastrozole first? Problem is my estrogen isn't very high naturally.

Yes the bottle says one a day at 1mg each. I too was skeptical about that heavy of a dose. That is my reasoning for posting in here. I would like to get my number to around 800ng/dl and 20 to 30 estrogen. My T was good on 75mg bi weekly but my estrogen was really high.

But I was wondering if I should try just the Anastrozole first? Problem is my estrogen isn't very high naturally.
can you share your bloodworks here so we can have a look at all your levels?

can you share your bloodworks here so we can have a look at all your levels?

WBC 6.2 3.4-10.8 x10E3/uL 01
RBC 5.33 4.14-5.80 x10E6/uL 01
Hemoglobin 16.1 12.6-17.7 g/dL 01
Hematocrit 46.2 37.5-51.0 % 01
MCV 87 79-97 fL 01
MCH 30.2 26.6-33.0 pg 01
MCHC 34.8 31.5-35.7 g/dL 01
RDW 13.4 12.3-15.4 % 01
Platelets 266 150-379 x10E3/uL 01
Neutrophils 70 % 01
Lymphs 19 % 01
Monocytes 10 % 01
Eos 1 % 01
Basos 0 % 01
Neutrophils (Absolute) 4.3 1.4-7.0 x10E3/uL 01
Lymphs (Absolute) 1.2 0.7-3.1 x10E3/uL 01
Monocytes(Absolute) 0.6 0.1-0.9 x10E3/uL 01
Eos (Absolute) 0.1 0.0-0.4 x10E3/uL 01
Baso (Absolute) 0.0 0.0-0.2 x10E3/uL 01
Immature Granulocytes 0 % 01
Immature Grans (Abs) 0.0 0.0-0.1 x10E3/uL 01
Comp. Metabolic Panel (14)
Glucose, Serum 86 65-99 mg/dL 01
BUN 24 HIGH 6-20 mg/dL 01
Creatinine, Serum 1.00 0.76-1.27 mg/dL 01
eGFR If NonAfricn Am 101 >59 mL/min/1.73 01
eGFR If Africn Am 116 >59 mL/min/1.73 01
BUN/Creatinine Ratio 24 HIGH 9-20 01
Sodium, Serum 140 134-144 mmol/L 01
Potassium, Serum 4.1 3.5-5.2 mmol/L 01
Chloride, Serum 98 96-106 mmol/L 01
Carbon Dioxide, Total 27 18-29 mmol/L 01
Calcium, Serum 9.8 8.7-10.2 mg/dL 01
Protein, Total, Serum 6.9 6.0-8.5 g/dL 01
Albumin, Serum 4.6 3.5-5.5 g/dL 01
Globulin, Total 2.3 1.5-4.5 g/dL 01
A/G Ratio 2.0 1.2-2.2 01
Bilirubin, Total 0.5 0.0-1.2 mg/dL 01
Alkaline Phosphatase, S 56 39-117 IU/L 01
AST (SGOT) 24 0-40 IU/L 01
ALT (SGPT) 38 0-44 IU/L 01

Testosterone, Serum 333 LOW 348-1197 ng/dL 01
Comment: Comment 01
Adult male reference interval is based on a population of lean males
up to 40 years old.
Luteinizing Hormone(LH), S
LH 3.9 1.7-8.6 mIU/mL 01
FSH, Serum
FSH 4.6 1.5-12.4 mIU/mL 01
1 of 2
Estradiol
Estradiol 9.1 7.6-42.6 pg/mL 01

My wife thinks the doc messed up on the script

Yea definitely don't take that much. May not be a mistake, new to TRT docs just follow guidelines. Anastrozole was intended to treat women with breast cancer, the idea was to obliterate estradiol. 1-5mg per day is a common dosage for those women.

For us men, 1mg a week is usually sufficient but at the most 2mg per week.

You've had a number of horrible protocols and it's not wonder you gave up. Your AI dosing is to aggressive while you testosterone doses are extremely weak and spread to far apart. Biweekly injections no matter the dose is just insane because it doesn't work.

Yea definitely don't take that much. May not be a mistake, new to TRT docs just follow guidelines. Anastrozole was intended to treat women with breast cancer, the idea was to obliterate estradiol. 1-5mg per day is a common dosage for those women.

For us men, 1mg a week is usually sufficient but at the most 2mg per week.

Thank you. What do you think of my baseline labs posted above? Also how do you feel about injections once every 5 days?

You've had a number of horrible protocols and it's not wonder you gave up. Your AI dosing is to aggressive while you testosterone doses are extremely weak and spread to far apart. Biweekly injections no matter the dose is just insane because it doesn't work.

What do you suggest?

If your SHBG is high then you could get away with larger weekly injections, if low then twice weekly, M/W/F or even EOD. Your T levels peak 2-3 days after injection and start dropping after that, the point to injecting twice weekly (every 3.5 days) is your injecting at the point where your levels start to drop. You're basically maintaining consistent levels and avoiding the peaks and dips that make you feel run down as you approach your next injection day. It's amazing to me how doctor's fail to understand this important fact and completely ignore the half life of testosterone. Standard AI dosing is for every 100mg of T you do 1mg week of an AI.

Last edited:
If your SHBG is high then you could get away with larger weekly injections, if low then twice weekly, M/W/F or even EOD. Your T levels peak 2-3 days after injection and start dropping after that, the point to injecting twice weekly (every 3.5 days) is your injecting at the point where your levels start to drop. You're basically maintaining consistent levels and avoiding the peaks and dips that make you feel run down as you approach your next injection day. It's amazing to me how doctor's fail to understand this important fact and completely ignore the half life of testosterone. Standard AI dosing is for every 100mg of T you do 1mg week of an AI.

My SHBG seems to stay between 18 and 28 according to all my other test on scale of 1-50. Previously I was doing every 3.5 days. But this doc wanted me to do once a week. I had to practically beg to talk her into every 5 days. I want to just do every 3 but I will obviously run out of meds quicker that way. I don't want her to stop seeing me for that.

Did i read that correctly? 1mg of arimidex a DAY?

50mg every 5 days is an extremely low dose...Total T looks low. How do you feel?

Dr. B

Did i read that correctly? 1mg of arimidex a DAY?

50mg every 5 days is an extremely low dose...Total T looks low. How do you feel?

Dr. B

I have a lot of usual symptoms. The worst one for me mentally is probably the non existent sex drive. I could easily go a month without sex. It make me self conscious even though I have an extremely understanding wife. This was fixed last time when I was taking the 75mg E3D. I would like to just go back to that dose and start using the 1mg Anastrozole weekly to combat the high E2 levels I was experiencing before. But if I do that I am going to run out of the T fast and the doc will probably notice.

I'd suggest you take 150 mg/wk test to hit your target of 800 total, divide it up however you want 2x per week, E5D, 1x per week though wouldn't go any longer than that. I do 2x per week, though I've heard some of the TRT docs like E5D best.

And for me personally adex crushes my estrogen, if I was taking 150 mg/wk I'd probably think about taking something really small like 0.125 mg EOD or E3D. You can cut that 1mg pill open and divide into 8 equal piles if that advice appeals to you.

Whatever you do, with test cyp aim for 8 weeks constant dosing then get tested and adjust your test and AI as needed to hit your 800 test and 20-30 E2 targets. Take your health into your own hands, even if it means supplementing your script with black market test. One upside is your adex script will last forever.

I'd suggest you take 150 mg/wk test to hit your target of 800 total, divide it up however you want 2x per week, E5D, 1x per week though wouldn't go any longer than that. I do 2x per week, though I've heard some of the TRT docs like E5D best.

And for me personally adex crushes my estrogen, if I was taking 150 mg/wk I'd probably think about taking something really small like 0.125 mg EOD or E3D. You can cut that 1mg pill open and divide into 8 equal piles if that advice appeals to you.

Whatever you do, with test cyp aim for 8 weeks constant dosing then get tested and adjust your test and AI as needed to hit your 800 test and 20-30 E2 targets. Take your health into your own hands, even if it means supplementing your script with black market test. One upside is your adex script will last forever.

Sounds good. I still have the problem that if I use 75mg 2x week vs 50mg E5D I will run out of the medicine too quickly. I like your plan though. Like I said, I felt great at 800 test but my E2 was at 56. But now I can do maybe 1/4 of a pill on injection day to fix that.

Above Good advice to what your dealing with. In regards to your Anastrozole script, you are in for a world of hurt if you take that much per day. Your E2 will definately CRASH, and you will feel awful. As stated above, 1mg per every 100mg of test per week is standard. This is way too much for many.

If your E2 is too high, or too low, will cause libido issues and/or ED issues. Finding the sweet spot is the challenge. Don't give up, and continue to advocate for yourself.

Last edited:
^^^^ I agree with all of the above.

I like every 5 day injections its just hard to keep track of. Like said above you just have to start somewhere and adjust until you feel good, once you feel good then get labs to see if any further titration is needed.

Back