TRT questions - usage, which meds etc

DeputyDawg

I have been on TRT for a few years now. Here is what i'm taking:

weekly test - 1/2 ml (100mg strength I believe)
daily semorlin (recently switched me over to Impamorlin) (20mg)
HCG 50mg twice a week
daily DHEA
2x a week anastrozole

I understand the need for Anastrozole and possibly HCG. However, I got to talking to someone
at the gym who is doing TRT. His Test does is much higher. He also questioned why i'm also on
Semorlin and DHEA.

Thoughts?

Also the reason my test dose is low, my local dr now prescribes it which gives me great savings ($20 copay). However, he is the
one who restricted the weekly dosage and the lower 100mg strength). Does this sound right

Thanks

Lab results will show if the dose is enough. 200mg wk had me at 1500ng/dL which is outside the natural ranges.

80mg wk had me at 440 which is to low and I begin showing signs like low motivation, low libido, ect. I'm now on 100mg wk.

80-120mg is a pretty normal dose.

Some people "TRT" on 250mg wk which more than likely puts them outside any normal testosterone range and is really just a life long low dose steroid cycle.

There will be very very few people who will need to be over 100-120mg wk to maintain a decent testosterone level.

Did I feel better on 200mg wk? Yeah. I also had free testosterone and estrogen that were outside the ranges as well.

I grew ping pong ball sized tits I had removed with all my levels INSIDE normal ranges. I will just run a cycle before I spend a year at 200mg a wk. It's very tempting to stay at high levels because it does have physical and psychological effects but it also has its side effects.

No Idea on the others.

Lab results will show if the dose is enough. 200mg wk had me at 1500ng/dL which is outside the natural ranges.

80mg wk had me at 440 which is to low and I begin showing signs like low motivation, low libido, ect. I'm now on 100mg wk.

Some people "TRT" on 250mg wk which more than likely puts them outside any normal testosterone range and is really just a life long low dose steroid cycle.

There will be very very few people who will need to be over 100-120mg wk to maintain a decent testosterone level.

Did I feel better on 200mg wk? Yeah. I also had free testosterone and estrogen that were outside the ranges as well.

I grew ping pong ball sized tits I had removed with all my levels INSIDE normal ranges. I will just run a cycle before I spend a year at 200mg a wk. It's very tempting to stay at high levels because it does have physical and psychological effects but it also has its side effects.

No Idea on the others.

Thanks so my dose of 50mg at 100mg strength is prob too long. I have some labs. Let me go back and look them up

Btw speaking of labs. I generally like to wait at least 5 days before labs. I don't want my levels to be so high that my dr will not prescribe it

As stated, labs tell the tale. If your dhea is low then that's why you take it. Dont let people at the gym get you confused bro. Study your labs and even post your numbers here for help.

I take 100mg cypionate per week and 25mg clomid daily. Also between .25mg and .5mg anastrozole per week. The clomid helps my testicular function and the anastrozole controls my estrogen. I donate blood periodically to keep my hematocrit down. Everyone is different....keep an eye on the labs.

You mentioned anastrozole....how much ya taking?

Glad you're here. Share your experiences and we all learn......and we share with you. Thanks bro

No Idea on the others.

Plus the higher your test dose the more possibly for health problems with blood pressure, thick blood (hematocrit/RBCs) cardiac issues, cholesterol, etc.. I commonly hear about guys using 75-150mg for TRT, but some guys are such high aromatisers that they need more to get a normal test level. Also, some ppl clear esters so fast that they need 1ml EOD just to maintain high normal range. It's rare but it happens.

These boards generally recommend labs the day of injection but BEFORE the injection so we read our lowest levels. Maybe schedule a the next labs differently. We definitely dont want to dose of the peak because we dont spend much time at peak blood levels. We really live on the ups and downs.

Also to piggy back on Argon, I take pretty high doses of aromatase inhibitors compared to most. Almost double some peoples. My medications cause an increase in aromatase and I have high estrogen conversion. Its the reason I'm on TRT. An entire class/group of liver enzymes get elevated. Epilepsy meds. I've found some smaller studies that show increased estrogen, increased SHBG which will lower free testosterone. That's my personal case and very important to me specifically. TRT/HRT is a very individual process and the more you know about your levels the better discussions you can have with your doctor.

LateStarts clomid is "out of the box" for a lot of people but its what he has figured out he needs.

I know text book info and really have focused on epilepsy and endocrine problems so that's where I go from. Other members on here are very experienced and have been doing it for years. IMT/IMTstaff will chime in sometimes with excellent info. Numbers from labs will get you the most specific answers and suggestions.

Do you get to do your own injections?

You have to take Sermorelin or CJC with IPAM or it doesn't work.

Also if your not dosing it 2-3 times per day your waisting your money.

Here is a study showing strict compliance to the dosage regimen to be met in order to achieve result:

Abstract
Realizing the reported misuse of human growth hormone (GH), investigation of a safe alternative mechanism for increasing endogenous GH is needed. Several GH secretagogues are available, including GH-releasing peptides (GHRPs) GHRP-2 and GHRP-6, and the GH-releasing hormone analog, sermorelin (SERM). Insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) serves as a surrogate marker for GH. Here, the effect of GHRP/SERM therapy on IGF-1 levels is evaluated. A retrospective review of medical records was performed for 105 men on testosterone (T) therapy seeking increases in lean body mass and fat loss who were prescribed 100 mcg of GHRP-6, GHRP-2, and SERM three times daily. Compliance with therapy was assessed, and 14 men met strict inclusion criteria. Serum hormone levels of IGF-1, T, free T (FT), estradiol (E), luteinizing hormone (LH), and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) were evaluated. Mean (SD) age of the cohort was 33.2 (2.9) years, and baseline IGF-1 level was 159.5 (26.7) ng/mL. Mean (SD) duration of continuous GHRP/SERM treatment was 134 (88) days. Mean posttreatment IGF-1 level was 239.0 (54.6) ng/mL ( p < .0001). Three of the 14 men were on an aromatase inhibitor and/or tamoxifen prior to treatment and another 4 men were coadministered an aromatase inhibitor and/or tamoxifen during treatment. Inhibition of E production or estrogen receptor blockade resulted in smaller increases in IGF-1 levels. GHRP/SERM therapy increases serum IGF-1 levels with strict compliance to thrice-daily dosing. The results suggest that combination therapy may be beneficial in men with wasting conditions that can improve with increased GH secretion.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28830317

I looked up my last lab from March:

Testosterone, Fee: 216
Testosterone, Total: 814

I do (even before TRT) have issues with Hemocrit / Hemoglobin, so I have some blood letting as often as I can (every 2-3 months)

Did you want any other lab result. If I have it I will post

Do I need Semorlin(impamorlin) and/or DHEA?

Feel free to msg me here or PM

Appreciate all the replies and help :)

Your test concentration is probably 200mg/mL, so you're probably using 100mg per week by injecting 0.5 mL. Maybe double check what it says on the vial?

HCG is generally measured in iu, not mg... 50 iu would be a pretty small dose. 250 iu to 500 iu per injection would be more usual.

DHEA is a hormone precursor, I would think it to be of more value to someone not on exogenous testosterone, but I'm not very knowledgeable on DHEA.

Your test concentration is probably 200mg/mL, so you're probably using 100mg per week by injecting 0.5 mL. Maybe double check what it says on the vial?

HCG is generally measured in iu, not mg... 50 iu would be a pretty small dose. 250 iu to 500 iu per injection would be more usual.

DHEA is a hormone precursor, I would think it to be of more value to someone not on exogenous testosterone, but I'm not very knowledgeable on DHEA.

I checked the vial, it is 100mg/ml
DHEA is a capsule I take daily
HCG I mix and in the insulin syringe I pull to 50. I was doing 2x a week but cutting back to 2x
Impamorlin I mix and pull to 20 on the insulin syringe - take daily
Test i pull to .5 ml take weekly

Estradiol/E2 and/or estrogen. SHBG. . . . .some others are important bit I cant remember them. Post your entire lab results and these experienced guys will give very detailed replies. The more information

When was the labs pulled based on an HCG injection?

5 days post 50 mg with a TT of 812 is pretty suprising.

Estradiol/E2 and/or estrogen. SHBG. . . . .some others are important bit I cant remember them. Post your entire lab results and these experienced guys will give very detailed replies. The more information

When was the labs pulled based on an HCG injection?

5 days post 50 mg with a TT of 812 is pretty suprising.

Surprising high or low??

Will work on getting labs posted

High for 50mg wk.

My 80mg was split 40mg every 3.5 days. The release peaks the day after and injection or so and them falls. One larger weekly shot will lead to a higher peak and slow fall over 7 days. My levels kinda bump up and down in 3.5 day periods. At 80mg wk I was 440. You're almost double my TT with something like 40% less test per week injected.

That's why I asked about HCG injection related to the labs.

High for 50mg wk.

My 80mg was split 40mg every 3.5 days. The release peaks the day after and injection or so and them falls. One larger weekly shot will lead to a higher peak and slow fall over 7 days. My levels kinda bump up and down in 3.5 day periods. At 80mg wk I was 440. You're almost double my TT with something like 40% less test per week injected.

That's why I asked about HCG injection related to the labs.

Thanks back in March I was doing my Test Sat am (again pulling string to 1/2ml). The lab test was thurs am. I did my HCG shot (pulling to 50 using insulin syringe).

I looked at my last lab. There were no tests done for Estrodil (nor do I suspect any of the ones you or others here are seeking. Well not recently. Last estradiol blood was in 2016. They appeared to be in range (last one had
a value of <15) if that means anything.

My regular MD doesn't order those labs. I will have to go through the place that is providing me the stuff and get a lab order from them. I'm sure they will do the panel you are looking for.

I have all the hemocrit hemoglobins and other blood related values. If you want I can post them

The more info you feed the forums the more info they will give back. The experienced guys know their shit and can see things I wouldn't even know. They can spot things even if the values are "in range".

Back