new here, does test get absorbed sub q?

newguy12321

long time trt user, use to do one injection every 2 weeks, i decided to run my first cycle, and went from that to pinning A LOT more frequently.. kind of sick of pins already, off cycle now and getting back to my trt dosage

can trt be done sub q?

after so many needles i'd like a little break, sub q shots don't hurt at all, if i'm running such a low dosage now, does it matter?

i've heard mixed reviews, all i know is sub q = painless, normal pins the feeling of the needle digging into your muscle isn't a very good one, not a few times a week anyways

once every 2 weeks isn't bad but yeah

I'm willing to be one of three things (or all), assuming he's pinning the proper location:

1) he's injecting slowly and not piercing the skin fast enough

2) he's pushing through scar tissue

3) he doesn't wait for the alcohol to dry out before injecting. Give it like 30-40 seconds (i usually wipe then change needle size from my drawing pin to my 25g and that's good enough).

All good possibilities. Another one hit me:

Maybe he's drawing and injecting with the same needle? I draw and pin with 25g, but I stil swap for a fresh one for the pin. One trip through a rubber stopper is more than enough to dull a good pin.

this could be it, i do not inject with the same needle, i swap, i use 25g 1 inch,

I use to do quads a lot, had bad times, real painful hitting shit, switched to glutes

and i do inject real slow, the piercing of the skin is not the painful part, as soon as i hit the muscle and it digs in, it gets really really painful, so i do go in slow, sub q doesn't hurt because there's no muscle, it's way smoother for me

the only thing that sticks out to me is if you go slow, it's more painful? are you suppose to pierce the muscle going fast?

i always wondered, does the pin get duller if you don't just go straight in for it, and keep pushing it in slowly?> think that might be it, i'm always thinking it's going to hurt so i go slow, but that might make it hurt more ( i don't pierce the skin slow, just the muscle)

Try this: put an ice pack on the injection site BEFORE injecting until it's numb/near-numb. Wipe with the site with the pad/swab, quickly jab the needle, and SLOWLY press the plunger. If you're a busy guy like me, just leave the ice pack tucked into your briefs/undies/whatever (not judging here!) while you go about your normal routine (hoping this would be at home) until your ready for the shot. Shouldn't take more than a minute or two. There are other tricks -- download a phlebotomy textbook if you really want to beef up on SubQ vs IM and how to inject properly.

Back