New , just thought I would say hello!!!

missapril05

Hello all,

Just comming over from Intence-Training and wanted to say hello! Here is my story. I am 24yrs old and just had my second child almost three years ago!! with in the last 5 yrs my weight has ballooned up to 250lbs(yuk) and I am only 5'6". I just joined the gym 4 wks ago and decided to make a lifestyle change and with the help and encouragement from all the guys at I-T have lost 14lbs and 18.5 inches. Long ways to go and I am excited as hell to see even more results!!! any sugestions would be wonderfull!

my diet:
meal1= 3egg whites and 1 whole egg w/ tomatoes
meal2= chicken, veggies(steamed)
meal3= fish, br.rice, veggies
meal4= tuna, veggies
meal5= FF cottage cheese, veggies and 100% natural peanut butter
meal6= ckicken, veggies

I drink 10-14 glasses of water

workout:

mon-fri= 30min- 120min tredmill
3x wk weights 30min

any help would be great thanks so much!!!!!!

Welcome!! Congrats on your progress thus far!! Woohoo!!!! :D

Your diet looks great and it seems as if you are progressing just fine so I wouldn't alter anything yet... when you reach a plateau then you can make a few changes. When you do though IMO you should limit your cardio to 3x/wk and training to 5x/wk. Is your primary goal to build muscle or fat loss? How intense are your weight sessions? You are able to train in 30 min? I am never able to do that. Can you post your program?

thanks well my goal is to loose fat first then tone up! I speed walk on the tredmill at 2.0 Incline and at a speed of 3.8. My weights are only 6 machines ( seated leg press@150lbs3x15, vertical press@50lbs3x15,
vertical row@40lbs3x15, legcurl@70lbs3x15, calfraise@135lbs3x15
tricep pushdown@50lbs3x15) this is what the trainer at the gym put me on. I do it every second or third day but my fav is the cardio!!
should I change anything?thanks for all the help

Hey there Miss April! Im a newbie , too with weight to lose so looks like we'll both be able to help each other out :). My recommendations for cardio are to restrict it to no more than 1 hour per session. I read that you do anywhere up to 120 mins? Yuck poo!! My favorite is cardio, too, but, mind you, those long sessions actually start burning muscle tissue anywhere after an hour. When I started getting into fitness, I dove head first into it, wanting to know anything about it, and I've learned A LOT from fitness magazines. I recommend for motivation and learning resources, to pick up Fitness Rx (my favorite), and Muscle and Fitness Hers, and maybe Shape magazine , too. All of them are great reads, especially on the treadmill. Also, I would up your intake of water to (I know this sounds harsh) at least 1 gallon of water a day, not including what you drink during your workouts, and start supplementing. Are you taking any supplements such as vitamins or folic acid, calcium, fiber, fat burners, EFA's (essential fatty acids)? You should ask your trainer if he/she would recommend anything for your program since he/she knows your medical history. Your diet looks pretty clean, but I have to ask, when are you training? If you training first thing in the morning, you need to be eating some carbs for your first meal. I actaully think you need more carbs in your diet. Maybe you could add 1/2 baked potato w/your chicken or maybe a piece of whole wheat toast for breakfast. And since you're working out the way you are, don't be fooled into the Atkins way of life. Personally, I don't believe any of the Atkins hype and think it's unhealthy. You're definitely headed in the right direction and , though I don't know you, I am proud of anyone to get the motivation to step out of their comfort zone and do it right. It was a HUGE step for me!! So keep up the good work!

ok well I do 30min in the am mon-fri at like 6am, then I will go back in the evening and do anywhere from 30min to 60min on off training days and on training days I will do 3omin before weights and 30-60min after! I hope thats ok?I dont do atkins but occasionally I will have oatmeal for breakfast instead of eggs.

oh ok, splitting the cardio up is a different story! Man, you are so dedicated! I wish I had that kind of time and will power. And the cheat day is a really good idea for 2 reasons: 1) it removes the psychological fear that you will never be able to eat bad foods again and 2)it confuses your body and increases metabolism. One last thing that I would like to add is that it would be more beneficial to your weight loss goals if you waited and did all your cardio after your weight training routine, as your glycogen stores in your body will be used up by the resistance training, leaving only fat to be burned during your cardio. Hope this helps!

thank I will see what I can do, however I have little time in the morning so thats why I do cardio but maybe when I have more time I will do both! thank you so much for the help, I cant wait to see more results!!!!!

Back