new to TRT , Test Cyp 200mg e/w

killchill

hey guys im 24 yo i been suffering from low t symptoms for years , finally went to the doc got all blood work done everything was fine buy my testosterone was at 550 so the doc prescribed me 200 mg test cyp e/w
i really dont mind stayin on it forever insurance covers everything.

i got a couple questions
1st how long until i start feelin the effects of the test
and 2nd im a gym rat i love working out will the test at that dose benefict me in anyway rewarding gym/performance/gains/sex drive, i been goin to the gym since i was 17.

thanks im a newbie to TRT first injection gonna be today.

When i tried gel it took less then 24 hours, when i used nebido injections it took 6 days.

what about muscle gain at 200mg for someone whos never done gear and had low T , with diet and excercise on point.

I was 158lb and now i am 178lb, took me 6 months and its pure muscles. I go to the gym 4 days per week.

Your results and recovery will improve dramatically going from low T to normal/high T, but don't expect steroid cycle-like results.

yes im not expecting to gain 20 pounds in a month, today was my first pin, in 12 weeks ill have blood work done and in 14 weeks my next appointment with my doc.

should i ask about hcg or arimidex on my next visit to the doc in 3.5 months? im worried about getting bitch tits since i will be takin 200mg a week for well the rest of my life.

ill probably blast once im comfortable and more knowledgeable with trt but not in the near future.

Last edited:
200mg per week is quite a bit and may in fact be enough to give you steroid-like results and may also be more than you are able to take for the rest of your life.

If you're starting out with low T, it can produce dramatic results - it did for me.

12 weeks is a looong time to wait for blood work on that dose - chances are good your E2 will be way too high by then, you could have acne, etc.

I'd test in 4 to 6 weeks max. And, yes, it is very likely you will need an AI and benefit from hcg.

Wait about 4 weeks to really start feeling the results.
Detailed answer is here: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3188848/

Last edited:
I'm surprised you were put on TRT with a total testosterone of 550 to be honest. That's well within clinical range for being eugonadal, which many doctors won't mess with. He check your thyroid/glucose/adrenals/pituitary output, or just ask you what you want to do?

I'm not knocking you by any means, but I would have wanted to investigate a bit more before taking the plunge into a life-long commitment.

In either case, please do yourself a favor and start by reading the TRT sticky. There's a TON of GREAT information in there that will help you learn the ins and outs of hormone replacement, and what preventative maintenance is required.

Welcome to ology. :)

Wowzers, double post strikes again!

I guess I can make the best of it and answer your questions I forgot to address:

1. Testosterone cypionate takes roughly 4 weeks to build up to serum concentrations in your bloodstream. You may notice some changes earlier, but that's roughly the time it takes before it's at a steady level in your body.

2. Recovery from the gym may be slightly faster, but as mentioned above - this is REPLACEMENT, so it should be about what a healthy male would expect. I noticed a HUGE difference, but my natural levels are about 1/4 of what yours are, so YMMV.

Last edited:
Yes the doctor did full blood work before prescribing me the test, thyrod and all that everything came back normal, i been researching about trt for a while now so i asked him about it, i thought he was gonna prescribe me like 100 or 150 a week but he prescribed me 200mg

yes i do think 12 weeks is alot to wait for new blood work but im not the doctor , but if i have any major side effects like acne i will let him know and maybe reschedule

i have another question is everyone on trt taking arimidex or hcg or is there people that do just fine with the test alone? and what should i be looking for in this 12 weeks prior to my next blood work like side effects that i should be concerned and call my doc for an earlier appointment

Last edited:
There is no one answer because individuals vary, but the great majority of guys will need an AI on 200mg per week. Those that do fine without AI are typically using a lot less.

Watch for acne, it may sneak up on you on your back and start as cysts beneath the skin surface.
Watch for prostate symptoms: slow urine flow, prostate cramps while going to the toilet.
Watch for increased muscle cramps - calves etc.
Gyno obviously.

Make sure your HCT is tested at that 12 weeks.

Thanks for all the replies , I think I'll call my doc tomorrow and ask about AI, and yep I'll be donating blood every 2 months

Let's be clear here - "you're" not Low T, your Doc is chasing symptoms. Having natural T in the 500s you may not get the results you want by bumping it to 1600-2000. Things will change, of course, but depending on your symptoms, the things bothering you now may still exist. And once your doc sees blood work near 2000 he might take you back to 100mg/wk unless he's a supporter of juicing. If he does this, you'll simply be dependent on TRT injections with slightly higher T than you were making on your own and you'll be shut down from having kids without taking more drugs. Keep an open mind and don't get attached to taking 200mg/wk unless your doc is one of the few who "gets it". And if he does get it, read up on HCG and PCT for keeping "your" juices functioning or you may never have children from here on out.

Let's be clear here - "you're" not Low T, your Doc is chasing symptoms. Having natural T in the 500s you may not get the results you want by bumping it to 1600-2000. Things will change, of course, but depending on your symptoms, the things bothering you now may still exist. And once your doc sees blood work near 2000 he might take you back to 100mg/wk unless he's a supporter of juicing. If he does this, you'll simply be dependent on TRT injections with slightly higher T than you were making on your own and you'll be shut down from having kids without taking more drugs. Keep an open mind and don't get attached to taking 200mg/wk unless your doc is one of the few who "gets it". And if he does get it, read up on HCG and PCT for keeping "your" juices functioning or you may never have children from here on out.

1st. I don't think 200mg a week will put me at 2000 that's what a cycling dose of 500mg a week would do in my humble opinion

2nd. I told my doctor I know 550 is not very low but I told him that I want to be at the top of the range for someone who is 24 yo and he agreed so will see what my TT in my next blood work I will be happy with top range 1200 I don't know why would anyone want to have 550 at 24 when usually older guys go on trt to have top test levels of a 24 year old again(1100-1200) why wait to be old.

3. I know that most won't believe this but at 24 yo i already know I don't want to have children in my life and if going sterile is a concern I will freeze some sperms just in case I ever need change my mind Wich I won't I'm happily married and none of us want to have children .

I don't mind pining myself for the rest of my life If that's what I have to do to have top range of TT I don't want to have average of 500 at 24. I can't imagine what will be my levels at 30 or 40 with no trt. So why not jump on it while I'm young why wait to be 35 or 40.

And if I have 2000 TT by my next blood work with only taking 200mg a week I'm open minded to lower it and find the sweet spot to keep it at 1200 and not a lame 500

And after tons of reading I will spread the 200mg into 2 doses of 100mg twice a week to lower the chances of converting test to E2

Will take an AI if needed after my next blood work.

I live In a city where everyone is on trt and is fairly easy to find a doctor who's willing to help me to stay at top level of TT.

Please keep posting your opinions/advices/tips I find this forum to be very helpful and I will keep you guys updated in my journey.

I remember when i was 24 thought i life all figured out. i would suggest hcg bro you never know what life going to throw at you, hell when your 44 you might meet the right girl and decide you want kids.

Your current 550 is a steady state more or less. The 2000 is a "possible" peak based on a 10x rule, which is more likely to peak around 1500-1600 and dip between shots. You're on the right track to continue reading as you've found the 100mg twice/week to be much better than 200mg once/week for E2 control. The higher 1500+ peaks will likely run your E2 up cancelling all positive results you were after. If you were to do 75mg e3.5 days and keep E2 levels in control, you could expect your levels to run around 1200 average. Again, this varies per individual and many of our bodies don't live by the math but it's a good starting point from which you can adjust if needed.

@halfwit only time can tell and I don't see any reason why I wouldn't. If after this 3.5 months I see more cons than pros I can easily come off trt with a proper PCT all prescribed by my doc.

@chilidog I'm already married and I see children as a financial burden so no I don't want to have children neither does my wife. But I will see in freezing some sperm just for the sake of it. Like u said who knows when I'm 50 I want a kid lol but I don't see that happening anywhere in the near future (10 years )

@gramps yes, I have been research alot and i will start pinning 3 times a week at 70mg instead of 100mg twice a week, i really want to minimize the convertion of T to E2

Last edited:
Fair enough. I just get twitchy when folks zero in on numbers, that's all. You've certainly done some homework, and are working with a doctor, so at least you have those bases covered.

Keep us posted on how things go. :)

Back