2003 NPC Suburban Bodybuilding , Fitness, and Figure Championships

KENILWORTH HIGH SCHOOL, KENILWORTH , NJ

Contact John Kemper – 973-762-0828
Diamond Gym
732 Irvington Avenue
Maplewood, NJ 07040

Hey Wynn :wavey:
this is the wynn from elite right??

Kemper puts on a good show and the surbaban is the one i was thinking about doing.. i wanted to do it last year, but i was injured a few weeks out.. so maybe this year :)

Yes to all questions:)

I used to live near his gym years ago. I was only a member for a couple years though. I tore my rotator cuff during that time- not in the gym surprisingly.

JK seems to move this comp around now. I remember it used to be held up at Bergen Tech.

yes.. last year it was there too.. not sure where it will be this year, but probably in May as usual :)

I train at strong and shapely with Bob Bonham.. i love the hardcore atmosphere there hehehe

not sure where i belong anymore.. either fitness or figure.. all depends on the routine and how much muscle i am holding... i have too much muscle right now for figure at least at the local level.. the girls are a bit soft.. but we'll see.. i have alot of time to fine tune things and decide :)

you competing???

supergirl said:
not sure where i belong anymore.. either fitness or figure.. all depends on the routine and how much muscle i am holding... i have too much muscle right now for figure at least at the local level.. the girls are a bit soft.. but we'll see.. i have alot of time to fine tune things and decide :)

you competing???

It may not just be local. I remember that JK allows competitors from other states for the suburban. There was a fitness lady named Eileen Luiz from the midwest some years ago that showed up and beat everyone.
As for me competing- no. I'd get wiped.
:afro:

I can't make it

As luck would have it I have surgery tomorrow to remove my wisdom teeth. I'll be holed up at home on soft foods all weekend with a swollen jaw. Those of you who are going have fun!

oh cool.. thanks for posting the flyer Wynn... I will take pics for ya :)

we are going to the show and then down to Temps for opening party :) fun weekend!!!!

You're welcome Supergirl. I noticed Tom Prince is on the guest list. I wonder if he's well enough to show up.

Tom did NOT show up... Tommy T however did guest pose.. Overall is was a pretty shitty show.. not for nothing, but Jersey lately has really been lacking in the female competitors!! There were only 10 figure, NO fitness, and 2 bbers...
The same dude Drew, light heavy took the overall... He looks great but will get wiped at nationals..

what a disappointment.. but then Temps opening party was fun and i finished off til sunday at factory :) hahahah.. bad girl.. i am still recovering :)

Tommy T? Do you mean Thorvildsen?

From the competitions I have seen the number of ladies have gone down since nearly 10 years ago when I started attending. I guess the way things are going in NJ are such that women want to look good for beach and parties.

that link sucks.. you have to join yet another board to view the pics :(

yes Wynn.. Tommy Thorvildsen guest posed... he was the only pro.. the rest were former NJ competitors and such...

Thanks BiggKay. Those pics were telling of Supergirl's assessment.

Btw Supergirl getting all the NJ guys to show up and pose keeps the promoter's costs down. Tommy T must have had a free trip plus some $ for coming.

is there any way we can see some of the pics from the show. they dont work on the other board. i would like to see the over all winner,

Do they have compitions for all age groups ?

How do you locate your compitions in new jersey ? Is their a website of competions that are goin to be held?

Back