NO products: Placebo or real?

NO products:Placebo or Real?

• NO is the Shyte'! Works great!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Only certain brands work...

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • NO doesnt work for me...

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • NO is bunk, nothin but a big scam all along!

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Reptilicus

Desperate Bodybuilder
:rant: I don't know about the rest of you, & the science is questionable to begin with, but for me, every NO product I've tried does not work! :thumbsdow ...Does that make me a "non-responder", or are all the rest suffering from the "placebo effect"? Sound off!.. :dj:

Well..NO is merely just a vasodilator...something you will NEVER feel effects from. All it does is makes ur circulatory system (veins and arteries) vasodilate, aka allow more blood flow. The reason it's so popular is b/c it gives you an unnoticeable pump, due to the fact that when you're working out, you're obviously using your muscles which sucks ur blood flow to help keep the muscles in use well oxygenated so that u don't get anaerobic build up, aka lactic acid build up (that horrible burning sensation). So I wouldn't really call it a placebo affect, but it's not creatine, sugar, or caffeine or anything like that that will give you an energy boost.

As far as products. pure NO pills and what not is merely just that vasodilator effect...I quit that crap b/c like you said, it's unnoticeable. Instead I now use NO-Xplode which is a combination of NO, creatine, caffeine, etc. and that stuff WILL give u a boost of energy and keep the pump going. I wouldn't call it a placebo either, b/c days I don't use it, I get into a mindset that's less motivated, so i'd say the caffeine, creatine etc mixed with the NO gives me that rush to hit it hard in the gym.

Conclusion - pure NO is NOT going to change ur mindset or show any noticeable change in ur workout b/c it's completely internal.

Conlusion #2 - NO mixes like NO-Xplode WILL give u a noticeable change during ur workout. More mindset than anything else.

Winter said:
It's crap. If you want a pump, get some taurine powder. :yesway:
First I've heard of Taurine as a pump enhancer! :scratchhe ...Howcome I never get a pump after drinking a Red Bull & Vodka?(Just kiddin' :D )

Reptilicus said:
First I've heard of Taurine as a pump enhancer! :scratchhe ...Howcome I never get a pump after drinking a Red Bull & Vodka?(Just kiddin' :D )
I've been using Taurine for about 5months now - about 3-5g in my creatine drink before I hit the gym and the pumps are real nice & it keeps me goin. I don't just take it for the pump purposes, it keeps you hydrated as well.

i remeber when that NO Explode gargabge came out, my buddy used it but onyl for a short while cuase his wallet wouldnt let him lol.

I say just stick to basic creatine...I use swole v2\or CEE powder both very cheap

Yes NO Xplode is expensive, and not to mention if u do start it, it's hard to quit, b/c u get that "post usage depression" as if ur not getting as good of a workout without it. Me and a guy that works out at the gym i go to put it to the test. He thought of a simple days workout, and I did that workout once without NO Xplode and once with it a week later. The post workout pump was significantly different. My arm were 1.5-2 inches more pumped after the workout WITH it than without it. Same goes for legs, etc. Now I don't know how much of a difference that makes in the long run considering it's post workout, but there is definately a noticeable difference DURING the workout.

the pump doesnt neccessarily mean muscle growth so I dont see why anyone would pay money to get it because a pump is just that -- a pump

Yes it is just a pump, but as I've stated (and the person above this post has stated indirectly) it's a mental thing. The pump along side the energy surge makes you want to work out harder and better due to ur mind set. If you do take anything that gives you an energy surge or proactive state of mind, it is still a good idea to only use it for maybe a quarter to a half of a year, and then stay off of it for a couple months so u don't get use to it and the "energy surge" goes away. This also helps cut down on the price due to not using it constantly. If you use anything that gives u an energy surge for too long ur body will get use to it and u'll need higher amounts, thus u cut it off for a couple months and suffer through the withdrawels, or just don't use it at all.

Anomaly said:
Yes it is just a pump, but as I've stated (and the person above this post has stated indirectly) it's a mental thing. The pump along side the energy surge makes you want to work out harder and better due to ur mind set. If you do take anything that gives you an energy surge or proactive state of mind, it is still a good idea to only use it for maybe a quarter to a half of a year, and then stay off of it for a couple months so u don't get use to it and the "energy surge" goes away. This also helps cut down on the price due to not using it constantly. If you use anything that gives u an energy surge for too long ur body will get use to it and u'll need higher amounts, thus u cut it off for a couple months and suffer through the withdrawels, or just don't use it at all.
so you are saying they do work then...is it better than say caffeien? just curious if its worth buying...

Never used it. But 95% of supps are a waste of money regardless. Unless you do competitions, I don't see the flair of a temporary pump.

I could care less about the pump. It's the psychological side of it. The creatine (energy) mixed with caffeine (energy) along with taurine (energy) on top of NO (pump) gives one hell of a kick that makes you want to workout harder, and anything that makes me want to workout harder works for me.

Anomaly said:
I could care less about the pump. It's the psychological side of it. The creatine (energy) mixed with caffeine (energy) along with taurine (energy) on top of NO (pump) gives one hell of a kick that makes you want to workout harder, and anything that makes me want to workout harder works for me.
but when you take into account the outrageous price, it just isnt worth it. like i've stated before, your money is better spent on a cup of coffee.imho.

All supplements is for

getting more intense when you train, you will enhancer your feeling when your finish your set. better recovery is good and attemp when you have your meal amino acid in your body. the extra like creatine is to adding more tork-power. :spank:

Back