nolvadex

Wonderwoman

Hey ladies!!
I have some unanswered questions that I am hoping someone here might respond to. First of all, I need to explain me, I am preparing for a figure show, five months out. I have been dieting my body to death for the last few years and seen very few results. So, with the help of my trainer, we have tried to zig zag my diet over the last few months to get my body burning at a reasonable calorie intake. (it was not noticing any kind of a deficit) Now, my diet is clean, I'am consuming 1,800 cal a day and taining 5-6 days a week. Cardio 5 days a week 50 min. With my training intensity and strict diet I should have been losing weight alot quicker, my dieting cycle consists of 100mg primo/wk, 10 mg nolvadex per day and 25mcg T3 2x day(pyramid scale).
I have been on primo to hold on to my muscle for about 3 weeks and the other ingrediants for about 1.5 weeks. Still, I am not dropping the weight as quick as I should be? I understand that it takes time I am just wondering if my cal. too high, more cardio, or is my thyroid slow because of such metabolic confusion in the past? (iam 5'3 136lbs 18%bf)
Last question. does anyone have confermation that nolvadex causes a significant rebound after use? And, is it damaging to your reproduction system?
If anyone has any advice or answers I'd really appreciate it!!

Last edited:
It seems to me that you are doing a lot of cardio. I cant imagine 50 minutes a day of cardio for myself. Did you go to the DR to get your thyroid checked beforehand? As for the Nolavadex, yes it can cause a rebound in women.

To avoid a rebound with nolvadex, would it be better to cycle it two weeks on two weeks off, or one and one. If Nolvadex is meant to block estrogen receptors, wouldnt your body continue to produce estrogen normally??What could be the cause of the rebound.??

I dont have a lot of experience with Nolvadex but I live with a woman who used to compete in womens bodybuilding and she takes it so this is second hand info. She explained to me that when taking Nolvadex, it blocks your estrogen receptors. Your body then has a lot of free floating estrogen in your blood so when you stop taking it you have a rebound effect because of the excess estrogen all suddenly being able to bind to the receptors that were blocked.

I dont mean to intrude but can somebody plz tell me how Nolvadex would help a woman in a cycle or after a cycle?

Us men have always used it to combat gyno but what purpose does it serve to a woman?

Chelsea.. solid advice again girl!! Damn you are impressing me lately!! :D

Mack.. nolv is actually pretty great pre-contest for a woman as it will really help to get leaner and drier with the added estrogen suppression, but it can rebound.. however in low doses pre-contest and then a taper, it may not be too bad... but estrogen is a tricky hormone and does some crazy shit lol..
also on the opposite end of the spectrum, if estrogen is suppressed long enough or hard enough, it may not rebound well at all.. ie: post an androgenic cycle.. sometimes a woman needs to restimulate her estrogen production to balance her hormones again... tricky biz these hormone things lol :)

Most of the women that I know that use Nolvadex really only use it for the last month or so precontest. The way that it works is as Chelsea described. Rebound can be lessened my tapering off of it. 2 weeks on 2 weeks off is not recommended.

Furthermore, long terms use of it in women may lead to a decrease in bone denisty and early onset of osteroperosis. If you are 5 months out from your competition I would drop the Nolvadex ASAP!!

Now, as for your use of T3 and Primo. Really you should have had your thryroid checked BEFORE you started the T3 so that you could see if you had a problem, now it will be impossible to tell. Furthermore, Primo is an excellent mass building steroid and many men use it for cutting, but I really believe that women should stick to using Anavar to cut since it help with appetite and is excellent at preserving lbm while dieting.

As far as your diet goes, post it up so that we can have a look and see if we can't help you tweek it so that it works better for you. If you were previously overweight it could be that you are insulin resistent and would benifit more from a CKD than a traditional bodybuilding cutting diet.

Last edited:
Nolvadex is usually the LAST pre-contest sup that is added. I usually dont recommend it until BF is already low. Its primary use is not really weight loss, but helping with that last bit of estrogenic BF that is being held usually in the butt, hips, and chest. Ramping up about 2 -3 weeks before a show, then tappering off afterwards has helped a few girls I know. FYI, there is a new drug on the market called Evista. It works just like Nolvadex but dosent block estrogin in the bones. Something to llook for in the future.
AngerOut

OH, how we not only have the smartest but, some of the best women here!!! You gals really do have a lot of helpful info that my wife and I can really use.

Thanks.

It's been so many years since I used Tamoxifen, but I remember it really leaned me out alot....just be careful and listen to the ladies and taper down....

Good luck.

how long does rebound usually last? I took nolva and arimidex for just 10 days precontest, but have now rebounded badly and i have another show in 3 weeks. I feel like i look terrible. Help me! I didnt taper down but i was only on 2 tabs.

if i go back on them for my next show will it undo the damage? and can i lessen the rebound next time?

Considering that most tabs of Nolvadex are 20mg, you were taking 40 mg of Nolva per day - that is no small dose Alana. And if you stopped cold turkey, I'm not surprised at all that you rebounded. I've heard of girls taking as long as 2-3 months to recover from the rebound from Nolva.

Fyre is really the contest prep guru, so she can back me up or tell me I'm full of it, but I would think that you'd want to 1) Drink a ton of water, 2) Go back on the Nolvadex at 40mg per day for the rest of your contest prep, and then 3) when the contest is over ramp the Nolva down slowly. Try going down by 1/2 tab every 5 days until your off. You'll probably still rebound, but not as badly I should think.

Faye.. you're right with the second notion.. i wish water would do it :)

at this point Alana.. considering you are 3 weeks out, you really can NOT afford this rebound... the arim is stronger than the nolv actually and that is probably why you are experiencing a really bad rebound.. had you used just the nolv, it would not be as bad..
I suggest you get back on your stack.. you are gonna need to use arim to block the estrogen from rebounding.. in mid-rebound, just supressing it with nolv will not be enough for your contest.. it needs to be blocked.. so either the stack or the arim alone until your show..

also i suggest extra cardio and unfortunetly some diuretics ito pull off retaining water if need be and please use with caution!!!
then post show, taper the arim first and allow a longer taper with the nolv.. basically stop blocking the estrogen and then stop suppressing it.. the arim taper can be a week, but i suggest 2-3 weeks for the nolv taper.. this length will further prevent an even worse rebound...

GOOD LUCK..

also please note that the above advice is specific for ALANA and her pre-contest regimen and is NOT to be taken lightly..

a litte cya there for ya :) lol
luv super

thank you thank you thank you!

I guess i shouldnt have come off between shows but after just 10 days i really didnt think i would rebound..well now I know!!!

How will extra cardio help if its just water? Or is it partly that the freed up oestrogen has gone and made some super-quick fat deposits aswell?

Do you think the damage can be undone in 2 1/2 weeks? :(

I will definitely taper next time even if it means cutting those tiny little arimidex pills into 4!

the extra cardio will just help insure no fat gains from the rebound.. consider it your insurance policy lol. :)

you have NOT done permanent damage sweetie... but the rebound can not be reversed persay, but it can be controlled and stopped in its tracks but once again suppressing the estrogen and stopping the rebound dead in its tracks..
But remember, your hormones are gonna be whacky after this and i can not stress enough the importance of a really careful dilligent taper.. I also suggest after about a month clean you go get your bloodwork done with hormonal tests! if at that point your estrogen is low or high, your doctor can make competant adjustments..

but don't stress out about this... stress raises cortisol and that you don't want either pre-contest :) so just chill girl.. get back on and bust your ass for your next show!!! And try to enjoy yourself too!!
luv super

8 days on and things are looking much better, just a little water still on the abs but everything else has hardened up again - thanks!!

alana said:
8 days on and things are looking much better, just a little water still on the abs but everything else has hardened up again - thanks!!
whew!! glad to hear!! good luck girl!
just remember.. come show time, already start your tapering down.. and IMO, i would taper for a good 2 weeks just to be on the safe side.. but that is just my paranoia of rebound lol.. :)

Back