Non steroid user needs some serious help (me!)

So I don't use steroids and will in the far future but not anytime soon.

My stats

6'2 190 pounds 15ish% BF 23 years old. (lifting on and off for a long time but about 8 months ago got extremely serious into bodybuilding) (I have been STRICT for the past 8 months and will continue to be strict period)

Bench 185ish (started at 115)
Deadlift 275ish (not too sure I kind of just started throwing weight onto the bar haha)
squat 185ish (started at 95)

I am proportioned pretty well.. decent chest/back huge traps (for my size) but only 14.5inch arms flexed.

Anyways I am on this forum because you guys are obviously 100 times more knowledgeable than the teen section on bodybuilding forums..

I have a very hard time putting on MASS. My goal right now is to just put on slabs of muscle and gain a decent amount of str (hypertrophy being the priority)

My diet is very good as far as keeping up with macros and calorie intake (I eat 3,800 calories a day) and about 220g protein.

I am desperate for a solid routine! I really want to get my lifts up but my priority is for sure putting on some mass. If anyone could write up a routine (or point me to one) I would be forever grateful I have a 100% available schedule. Give me high intensity give me anything you've got!

Okay first, if you're not putting on MASS, you don't need a workout routine perse; you need a diet plan. You say you're eating 3800 cals... Are you tracking that? Are you weighing your food? How many grams of carbs? What's your TDEE? What kind of foods are you eating? Nutrient rich to power you through workouts ? Also, are you napping/resting enough? I know you have full availability but how much of your time are you spending actually recovering/nourishing yourself? Lacking rest= slow gains

You're natural so mass won't come as fast as you want it to... Maybe fat gains yes but even us on Test have to be patient also... It's not overnight.

Yes i'm tracking it. I get 40p/40c/20f with every meal.

my natural test levels are 700 so I know i'm not lacking that. I know it's not my diet. I'm not a nooby when it comes to diet. However I've never been confident enough to write out my own routine. I also get 8-9hours of sleep every night.

I AM gaining weight. it's just not good weight. I understand it's a slow process i'm just asking for a routine that would give me the BEST progress. I also understand everyone is different i'm just looking for general direction here.

As Elicit covered the open mouth iject food plus food equals a fed and rested bag of muscle s...before I type my ass off I ll do what I do when people ask me to write a diet or routine --YOU tell me how you train and not some 2 sentence general over view but what you do for what muscle on what day, set s rep s etc.

Or---train like a powerlifter. Focus on bench squats and deads. Lift heavy heavy weight and mass will come. It s physiological quarantee if u get stronger and feed the machine and give it rest it will get bigger and ergo need more food as a big motor needs more fuel even when idling.

100 percent free time---u r so blessed. U rich, parents ? I m not bashing just easier to square u away w an Emprical over view of your situation before we go all paradigm shifting on ur ass.

100 percent free time---u r so blessed. U rich, parents? I m not bashing just easier to square u away w an Emprical over view of your situation before we go all paradigm shifting on ur ass.

always hunting for rich MILFs.........

Last edited:
I recommend you build a better base before starting. Then you can do a 500 mg-600 mg test E +AI cycle for 12-14 weeks.

Try to at least hit 225 lbs bench press, 315 lbs squat(ass-to-grass or parallel) and 405 lbs deadlift(good form). Steroids are not a crutch you want to rely on. You will shrink once you come off if you don't have a good base and your results won't be as good.

I recommend starting strength, 3x5 routine. Add chin ups for bicep and lats development. Get your overhead press to bodyweight x 5 reps. Keeping eating at a caloric surplus and increase your lift every week, but please stay under 20% bodyfat. Preferably stay at or below 15%.

Last edited:
Being natural and having worked out as long as you have you gotta be realistic natural you will only put a couple pounds of muscle a year. If slabs of mass is what you are looking for gear is the only thing that will get u there fast. 2 pounds of muscle a year sounds like nothing but you can really notice 2 pounds. Maby if you want to wait on cycling try sarms there's lots to choose from based on different goals. There more expensive than gear but if you want to wait which I think is a good idea you should look into them

Yes i'm tracking it. I get 40p/40c/20f with every meal.

my natural test levels are 700 so I know i'm not lacking that. I know it's not my diet.

with only 8 months experience I can bet diet is a big part of it .. let me put it in perspective.

your 6'2" and 190 lbs AT 15% BF.. if you were actually in really fit shape, and say 9% BF and low water weight,, then you would weigh around 165-170 lbs, AT 6'2" tall ! that means you are really really lacking in muscle mass to be that tall and to be that light weight (but I get it , thats why you want to bulk).

the other evidence that you are very light weight for your frame and lacking muscle mass is your bench press, which you list at 185 pounds .. I'm assuming that is your one rep max ? you need to develop more muscle mass and muscle maturity ,,
you should be working up towards being able to do your body weight, 185 bench, by like 25 reps , NOT a one rep max.

again, this is just showing your current body composition is really lacking in muscle mass.

AND the most anabolic thing you can take in in order to increase muscle mass is FOOD . . your current results are showing clearly that your diet is not sufficient.
your diet is not in line with your goals, otherwise you'd be putting on the mass.. again, drop your bf% to a cut fit level and you'd only weigh 170 pounds at 6'2" ,, your very much an ectomorph and your going to have to consume a lot more calories to put on the mass. the problem is also, your bf% for being a skinny ectomorph is high too. Being skinny, and having 15%bf creates a delimma . you don't want to cut, cause you skinny enough and lack muscle, but you don't want to bulk too hard and add to that bf%.

personally , I would just bulk big time, bulk hard . get calories up to around 4800+++ a day . with high FAT+, high CARBS and high Protein. but also increase your workout volume. maybe split into two a days. as a newbie lifter you should be able to make good newbie gains with high volume AND high calories. You should be able to add on more muscle then fat*

*an intermediate or advanced lifter would not be able to do this .. they would need more rest and need to be way more technical to figure this out. you have the advantage right now of being able to make newbie gains and have good natty test levels .
just get your diet in line with building mass. 3800 calories is not crap. I'm smaller then you , 5'10" 195, and I'll bulk on at least 5000 calories (and I have a desk job, which means if I had an active job I'd probably need to bulk on 6000 calories).

Last edited:
Back