Not just another Insomina thread

frotobaggins

I know this has been touched about 10000000 times before, but I have the worst insomina that will not go away. I really need some imput here as to what to do because if it does not quite I will have to stop training alltogether. I have already lost a job because of this so any suggestion would be great. I think my main problem is that my mind keeps racing all night long.

First...things I have tried....and their results:
Ambien- never worked PERIOD.

GNC Sleep Naturally- this contains 5htp, mel, as well as several other supps which did nothing.

Valerian Root- Works to relax me but not for sleep

Sonota- useless

Elevile- useles

Trazadone- the best of them all, but I am at a point that it is starting to not work.

Xanax- knocks me out but it does not provide a good nights rest so its useless also.

GHB- I have no idea how people use this as a date rape drug as this drug made me feel like I did cocain.

I am at my wits end here, so if anyone can offer a suggestion please, please do so!!!!!!

I had the same problem, yoga before bed-- or just plain stretching in a warm room can relax certain tensions. It is definitely worth your time. Do not eat right before bed because you will have a sugar high that will keep your mind racing--no caffeine or green tea either. A warm bath right before bed can help.

try chewing up a few melatonin tabs(3mg)just keep eating more till you get effect. i feel drunk after three, but i know an old guy who takes 5 every night. havnt tried them yet with fina so i dont know how well they would work. since one little bottle costs you 5 bucks and you can return them to gnc if they dont work, you should try it.

its not a good idea every night...but nyquil works really well.

what have you done other than trying to take drugs for the problem?
what is your caffeine, sugar/carb consumption over the day?

I'd cut all caffeine, reduce carbs, none late in the day, make sure you never watch TV, etc. in bed, don't take naps, reduce lighting levels in the evening, don't ever turn on lights if you get up in the night. don't stay up till 4am on the weekends if you want to go to bed at 11pm on weeknights.

vicodin ...shit knocks me out and i sleep like a baby.used it twice from a long day skiing and it did wonders. Felt like a new man when i woke up.

LOL at all of the drug ideas. I'm sure they all work for some people and are good for occasional need, but as someone who has suffered from bouts of insomnia for many years, I can tell you that you need to find the source of your problem and address that instead of looking for quick fixes.

It could be diet/blood sugar, light, ambient noise, bad mattress, and many other things, including stress, which sounds like your main culprit. Everything adds up, so even if you can knock some of the easier ones off your list, it could be enough.

I can't beleive that out of all of those you haven't used melatonin. Take that and it should help it helps to restore your sleep naturallyand is derived from the penial gland of a mammal.

Back