not working???

Athens-M50

ok guys....I have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for about 3 full months now....switched to shots (CYP) about a little over a month ago....levels dropped after cream....have not have blood work done since I started shots...but it does not seem to be working!....I moved from (1LM) a week to (.5ml) twice a week......very little change in mood....very little change in energy.....I was running 3 or 4 times a week before I started TRT...and started lifting weights after starting TRT....now I could not care less if I did either......gained about 12-15 lbs....I go back to Dr. for blood work 1st of Jan.....

should I just keep doing my shots?....until I do more blood work in Jan?

should I not feel a change by now?

Like yourself it took me a minute to feel the effects of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), I started directly on the injections & it took a good 3-4 months before I felt the benefits. From what I've gathered just by reading some posts on here injections may take a little more time for benefits to kick in. I noticed you said it's been over 3 months since you had blood work done, I'm far from an expert but I do know getting blood work done is paramount to figuring out your other levels, such as the test being converted to estrogen..high rbc levels, shbg (sex hormone binding globulin)..all this may have an effect on the blah feeling you may have..In any case get your blood work done & it may point you in the right direction..

It never worked for me after 12 months - Stopping HRT

ok guys....I have been on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for about 3 full months now....switched to shots (CYP) about a little over a month ago....levels dropped after cream....have not have blood work done since I started shots...but it does not seem to be working!....I moved from (1LM) a week to (.5ml) twice a week......very little change in mood....very little change in energy.....I was running 3 or 4 times a week before I started TRT...and started lifting weights after starting TRT....now I could not care less if I did either......gained about 12-15 lbs....I go back to Dr. for blood work 1st of Jan.....

First let me say that I sincerely hope you have better luck than I did. I have been on HRT for 12 months and it NEVER worked. Shots, cream, HCG, HGH you name it, I have probably tried it. Very low doses of Testosterone, medium doses, really HIGH doses just to see what happened - nothing. I have low SHBG, so nothing works. I am at the very bottom of the normal SHBG range, so the docs think I am fine.

I had my last shot early last week and I am stopping Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). I have some Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and Clomid for post cycle therapy (pct). I never felt any different on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) than I did off, so I might as well save the ton of money that I have been spending on it.

Keep up with your injections, but also keep in mind that low testosterone may be only part of the big picture here. The human endocrine system is complex and there are many different mechanisms that affect how we feel. There are a ton of other levels your doctor should be taking a look at other than total testosterone and free test. (T3/T4/rT3/rT4/TSH/RBC/SHBG/E2/Prolactin/DHEA/PSA/Et cetera)

I would have your doc take a look at what else may be going on before just giving up on feeling better. I dealt with these symptoms for a long time before I discovered that it was NOT OKAY to feel that way, and took the steps towards rectifying my issues. I strongly advise you do the same, it is a life changer.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys....I have an Appointment with an Endo. the middle of next month....but what I have been reading on here....my hopes are not too high....my GP was ONLY testing Free and Total....Frre was 3 and Total was like 170.....at 43yrs old.............so that's what she went off of.

I am kind of like "Newtohrt".....not sure I want to keep spending the money on this PLUS giving myself 2 shots a week, if it is not making a difference.

maybe the Endo will do the T3, T4, rT3, Rt4 etc test that you guys are talking about.......think I may give it till then at least...and see what they have to say.

but right now....just not feeling it!......still moody and treary sometimes.

What is your estradiol (E2) at? Good chance you are aromatizing the T into estrogen which often makes you feel worse. It is easy to prevent with an AI.

If you don't know get a blood test. Search on here for privatemdlabs so you can learn how to get these labs done for $50.

I would encourage a blood test, sooner rather than later

What is your estradiol (E2) at? Good chance you are aromatizing the T into estrogen which often makes you feel worse. It is easy to prevent with an AI.

If you don't know get a blood test. Search on here for privatemdlabs so you can learn how to get these labs done for $50.

Even though Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) did nothing for me, I would encourage you to get blood tests, sooner rather than later. I know that a lot of guys really feel better on HRT. My 2 cents - I would not wait until January when your doctor gets around to it. I'd spend the $50 now at private med labs and see what's up. If you are lucky, it might be an easy fix.

Just so you know though, I was always in range in my T3/T4/rT3/rT4/TSH/RBC/SHBG/E2/Prolactin/DHEA/PSA and my E2 (sensitive test) never went over 34. I say that not to be discouraging, just to make the point that sometimes everything looks awesome “on paper” and you still feel no benefit whatsoever from HRT. I am envious of the guys that experience all of the benefits, though – I really am.

Back