Odd pain during squats

Scottidoesknow

I did a search and i was unable to find any related articles, but i recently began to incorporate squats into my leg exercises, and i find that when i do them, i get a dull pain in the lower pelvic region, between my groin and leg, near the artery i guess. I exercise with a buddy of mine and he says i do them properly in good form.

Is this normal when starting to do squats? or could there be a slight problem in my form?

Thank you.

when do you get the pain? is the pain only while you are doing the squat? if so is it at end of range ( right down low).

generally problems with the hip refer pain into the groin area. Might just mean that you need to stretch out the hip more and help strengthen the mm surrounding the joint.

squatting arse to grass places the hip in a lot of flexion, and the joint is also under a lot of stress particularly with weight on the bar. stretch out internal and external rotators and flexors, and try some one legged stability and strengthening type stuff

inked1 said:
when do you get the pain? is the pain only while you are doing the squat? if so is it at end of range ( right down low).

generally problems with the hip refer pain into the groin area. Might just mean that you need to stretch out the hip more and help strengthen the mm surrounding the joint.

squatting arse to grass places the hip in a lot of flexion, and the joint is also under a lot of stress particularly with weight on the bar. stretch out internal and external rotators and flexors, and try some one legged stability and strengthening type stuff
15 minutes of moderate paced walking on the treadmill to warm everything up wouldnt hurt as well .

Back