olepapaswole

Old Wheels

olepapaswole said:
55 year old legs still holding me up...........
Hey from one old dude to another.....................Those are fucking solid wheels for an old fella. Lookin good bro. Gettin old don't have to be a bitch, you just have to train harder and smarter. The young guns would kill for wheels like those. Go PAPA, Go PAPA!! All you youngsters out there take note, this is what serious leg training will get you!! Killer wheels.

simpllyhuge said:
those are some deizel ass legs. what does ur leg routing look like?
My leg routine varies. Squats (3/4 free and on Smith machine), full seated leg presses (close for the sweep and standard for overall development), Hack machine squats (full depth, no bouncing), leg extensions and leg curls, stiff leg deadlift (for hams), calf raises on standing and seated machine, lunges holding 45 lb plate in each hand 12 steps up and 12 steps back. I do 5 sets progressing weight by 10 or 25 lbs by reps of 15, 12, 10, 8 and 6 (the 15 rep set is considered a warmup set)

Fuck, if I look like you when I'm your age I'll be happy as fuck...and I'll get laid often.

simpllyhuge said:
what does 3/4 mean

probably going down 3/4 the way on a free weight squat..old and possible back problems.. sick legs no doubt!

or all the way down and only 3/4 the way up! Now those are killer squats, your legs are under tension the entire time, no resting.

outlawtas2 said:
or all the way down and only 3/4 the way up! Now those are killer squats, your legs are under tension the entire time, no resting.
This is the 3/4 squat related in my routine outline. Quads balloon, not for the neophite, very exhausting and not to be done too often. Every third week is sufficient. Go all the way down to the bottom very concentrated and deliberate and do not bounce just to return to the 3/4 stance. BE SURE TO USE A SPOTTER!!! Not for the squemish because a few sets will make you puke......

Aczech said:
probably going down 3/4 the way on a free weight squat..old and possible back problems.. sick legs no doubt!
I've done half-squats and 3/4 down squats in the past (I mean, hell, I've been around long enough to have tried about every different method devised by man), but these are different and outlined with a post on another description. The legs you see are those of a former college football player whose playing weight was 162 lbs, former light middleweight (156 lbs) Golden Gloves boxer and kickboxer. I have had three knee surgeries from injuries sustained in those sports and a re-constructed ankle. Half of my left knee was removed 6 years ago because of osteo-arthritis created by not having an ACL ligament in my left leg (back in prehistoric times, 1971, when it was torn they did not repair them, simply cut the loose ends out and depended on the PCL). That knee has titanium inserts in the femure and on top to the shin bone. My orthopedic doc told me "NO LEG WORK WITH WEIGHTS!", but I've continued to train and squated 315 X 5 last year. BTW, this old back is still supportive, lol.

DAMN! Fucking fantastic! That's a lot of hardship you've overcome...rock out!

TERESKAN said:
awsome legs, post pics up of the rest of you. totally insperational for a gentleman of your age
There is an upper body pic of me in this section titled the same, "olepapaswole". As a footnote to my training: I left out of my varying routine the leg extensions and leg curls. These are an intergral part of my routine and are alternated into my workouts with the other exercises I previously related. I want to stress the use of leg curls as this area is one of my strongest in pure strength of weight used, but is a damn hard area for me to develop. A lot of people overlook the hams and they serve well in every other leg movement and should never be left out of a routine.

Back