OMG, Swallowed and choked on a piece of steak ......

oldmusclemike

So just last Thursday 27th I was eating a nice porterhouse steak and a piece got stuck in my esophagus. I couldn't breath for a short bit but managed to get it down somewhat past the Trachea so then I could breath.

However it got stuck right there and I could not even swallow my saliva. If I swallowed at all my esophagus would naturally , by it's own start to do it's thing. But instead of pushing the object down and into my stomach it would push it up and onto my Trachea , hence no more breathing until I could calm down and relax. Yea fvcking relax, huh... so then the esophagus would stop doing anything.

I dealt with this for 2 hours thinking each time it was going down or gone down only to have it start again. It was painful to say the least and fvcking scary.

My ex had to call the medics "the Bus" and go to the hospital. They put that mask on my face , said take a deep breath. Ah ha lol as I remember you get ONE breath and
you're out. only to wake up , what felt like minutes. It was more then an hour I think.

Now I haven't eaten solid foods from Thurs night to Monday , last night. Two bowls of soup and water is all I could get down because of the bruised esophagus. Disappointed that I lost some pounds , water weight. Looking lean but fvck I was lean enough. :nopity:

Hey !! But I am alive...:dance2:

It can happen to you :stickpoke

holy crap!! glad u r ok man!!!
Time to go vegan maybe?... ;)

happened to me with a piece of candy like 20yrs ago, its fuking scary....

Thanks for the concern and well wishes guys... I love this place. :elephant:

I'm doing good except not being able to eat solids for 3 plus days. Damn , lost 8 plus lbs. of water weight. The only thing that keeps me from looking so, just so skinny.

Back eating today but my esophagus has problems. Gotta make a doc appointment.

The piece of steak got past the trachea so the Heimlich couldn't get it. But ya see if I swallowed saliva the esophagus would activate and push it back up over the trachea and I couldn't breathe.

Sorry guys I'm still here to fvck with all of you :dance2:

Thanks for the concern and well wishes guys... I love this place. :elephant:

I'm doing good except not being able to eat solids for 3 plus days. Damn , lost 8 plus lbs. of water weight. The only thing that keeps me from looking so, just so skinny.

Back eating today but my esophagus has problems. Gotta make a doc appointment.

The piece of steak got past the trachea so the Heimlich couldn't get it. But ya see if I swallowed saliva the esophagus would activate and push it back up over the trachea and I couldn't breathe.

Sorry guys I'm still here to fvck with all of you :dance2:
that must of been a big ass piece of steak, did you take a pic of it?

that must of been a big ass piece of steak, did you take a pic of it?

Lol , NO it was pushed down into my stomach. Pretty cool, they gave me all these pictures of different places in my esophagus. One pic you can see the piece of steak at the bottom of my esophagus.

Ya know it is fvcking amazing what they do now days with the scopes and moving things around inside you and to be able to take pics at same time.

Just a thought here by me..... MY father past in 83' an Anesthesiologists since 1936 would just flip in awe as to where Medicine has gotten to. I can remember when I was a kid and he would bring home rubber hosing, plastic syringes all the rubber n plastic things that were just beginning to change in medicine from glass and metal. He would say "Mike, oh Mike look at this we use now isn't this something !! :) "

One more. After he died I got all these glass syringes and the needles they would sterilize, sharpen and re-use. Doing IV or IM to register blood (aspirate) all you had to do was take your finger off the plunger and your blood pressure would push it back by only that. Take your finger off and see the blood register. For IV , main lining if you took your finger off, your BP would push it all the way out. No need to pull it back. Making sure you were still in the vein just remove you finger for a second , see the blood register and push it back... Haaaa :insane:

Last edited:
Back