OMG was he on stage??

Look, I know it takes guts to compete, believe me. This guy should be in a LOCAL show somewhere in the Masters division (and losing). How he competes on an IFBB stage is beyond me, but if I were an IFBB Pro I would feel "cheapened" to some extent that this guy is supposedly at the same level.

Either the roids i'm on are affecting my memory or we went over this pic about 5 months ago. I think some of you had the exact same responses too. Yeah the guy sucks, we all know that. Move on.

Someone show me some pics of Dorians gimpy arm! I used to have a really gimpy left lat. It's funny to look at my old pics. Now my lats are the shit!

for being old that guy looks great...better then most guys my age, and for sure better then 99% of guys his age....he belongs on stage IMO.

I am guessing he is really more like 60, and for that age he would be descent.

At 50 a lot of folks could look better than that I would have to agree.

Anyone who is still hitting the iron at 60, trying to put off the natural fate of a man, I have to give credit too.

Everyone who is lucky will eventually be that age someday ...... but I think the jagging about age is still pretty funny / cool though.

Behemoth said:
Frank Zane is old now and looks better than that.
He wasn't called the Chemist for nothing...off the gear and training he looks like shit......on gear he looks better than most @60yrs of age.

70w30 said:
He wasn't called the Chemist for nothing...off the gear and training he looks like shit......on gear he looks better than most @60yrs of age.

This whole discussion got me curious. I found a few links yesterday, but could only find one of them today, trying to find them again. I found a pic of his first competition in 1975, and he looked to be about 35 back then. (that is the link I can't find again). Anyhow, that would put him at about 65 now. And I think that is about what he looks like to me.

Even though he only took 6th back then, he would have outdone 99% of us. He was pretty big back in his day.

I agree that I don't think I would want to be on stage at his age anymore, but I think that it is very awesome to still be in the game at that age.

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/jocelynpelletier.html#top

mesomorph said:
This whole discussion got me curious. I found a few links yesterday, but could only find one of them today, trying to find them again. I found a pic of his first competition in 1975, and he looked to be about 35 back then. (that is the link I can't find again). Anyhow, that would put him at about 65 now. And I think that is about what he looks like to me.

Even though he only took 6th back then, he would have outdone 99% of us. He was pretty big back in his day.

I agree that I don't think I would want to be on stage at his age anymore, but I think that it is very awesome to still be in the game at that age.

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/jocelynpelletier.html#top
I think you are confused.....I was talking about Frank Zane .....not Pelletier

70w30 said:
I think you are confused.....I was talking about Frank Zane .....not Pelletier

Sort of, but as in my previous post, I am saying I think PELLETIER is really more like 65.

Awesome that you posted those pics though! Holy heck! Zane is incredible at 60!

ectomorph said:
Look, I know it takes guts to compete, believe me. This guy should be in a LOCAL show somewhere in the Masters division (and losing). How he competes on an IFBB stage is beyond me, but if I were an IFBB Pro I would feel "cheapened" to some extent that this guy is supposedly at the same level.

I agree... I respect the guys and think he has guts for stepping out there but come on....

Back