One year off cycle, low test, Dr gave prescription for TRT

Razela

I'm 32, and I'm just over a year off cycle. I didn't take proper post cycle therapy (pct), but I did take some nolvadex coming off.
I didn't feel shut down or anything, so I figured I was okay. Plus got my gf pregnant a few months ago as well.
But I've been so tired I need to nap almost every day, so I knew something was off.

So my test was low. It's a 6.4 in a range of 7.6-31.4

Now I'm happy I found the problem, but now it's a big decision. If I start it now it's going to pretty much be for life.
Should I try taking some Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) and whatever else to kick start my natural production? Or being a year later, is this
low test permanent?

At the same time I'm kinda excited to get started with testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Should I go on for 3-6 months, and then try coming off
with proper PCT and see if it remains normal?

My doctor isn't the best, and actually kinda surprised he prescribed this without even thinking about it, but is there
anything else I should be taking? Should I have arimidex? HCG?

Get a sleep study done too....
Sleep Apnea plays a nasty silent role in the background of many medical issues...including Low T.
You can have high T and if you have sleep apnea you will feel horrible.
I was in the same predicament as you.
Is this an endo you went to or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) clinic?
How much did he tell you to take for T ?

Get a sleep study done too....
Sleep Apnea plays a nasty silent role in the background of many medical issues...including Low T.
You can have high T and if you have sleep apnea you will feel horrible.
I was in the same predicament as you.
Is this an endo you went to or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) clinic?
How much did he tell you to take for T ?

I was thinking it could be apnea too, but reading it's mostly for people who are overweight. Though I am about 10lbs overweight, I wouldn't think that would be enough.
It was just my regular doc, sent me for bloodwork, and I got a physical. I'm in Canada, not sure if things are different here.
It says 200mg Q 3/56. Does that mean every three weeks? That's on the prescription, so not certain that's the dosage. That seems a bit low if that's the case, no? 66mg per week?

What's your LH and FSH?

Don t go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) with the idea of coming off in 3-6 months. If you want to try a restart (if you have secondary hypogonadism) do it now. Waiting and doing more exogenous test will only make a restart less likely of being successful.

What's your LH and FSH?

Don t go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) with the idea of coming off in 3-6 months. If you want to try a restart (if you have secondary hypogonadism) do it now. Waiting and doing more exogenous test will only make a restart less likely of being successful.

I don't think they test my LH and FSH.
Do you think my test is low just because i didn't come off properly a year ago? And is there any chance to save it?
If so, what protocol should I use to try and save it?
I have some Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) in my fridge, but it expired in 2011, but it's been in my fridge since. I would think it's still okay?

Wow. Put on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) just like that? My friend, you need to find out why your T is low. You need more blood work as suggested. You could be eligible for a restart.

Wow. Put on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) just like that? My friend, you need to find out why your T is low. You need more blood work as suggested. You could be eligible for a restart.

What do I ask to get tested?

Did your dodctor run a blood panel prier to putting you on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT)? If so get a copy of the results and post them here for us to evaluate.

Here is the bloodwork I got done and the results
imgur.com/a/eeoj1
If you can't read something let me know.
Thanks for the help

I think you need a new doc asap.

Where's your labs for Total Test, LH, and FSH?

lol....
No FSH, LH levels needed here....
We go straight to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) here!!!....lol
That's testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) clinic style!!!!
lol

Thanks for uploading them.

I think you need a new doc asap.

Where's your labs for Total Test, LH, and FSH?

They weren't checked off when I went for bloodwork.
There really aren't any doctors around here that specialize in TRT.
Should I go back and ask him to test my total test LH and FSH?
If so, what should I tell him if he asks why?

Endocrinologist, that's what I'm looking for right? I found a couple here actually, maybe I should make a visit.

Thanks for uploading them.

They weren't checked off when I went for bloodwork.
There really aren't any doctors around here that specialize in TRT.
Should I go back and ask him to test my total test LH and FSH?
If so, what should I tell him if he asks why?

Endocrinologist, that's what I'm looking for right? I found a couple here actually, maybe I should make a visit.

Without your LH & FSH levels there is no way to know if your have primary or secondary Hypogonadism, which is key to determining the right course of treatment. Since you did not take a proper PCT then my guess is you are shut down and a restart might work, should be the first option in your case.

Thanks for the help.
I will get my LH and FSH tested before I start TRT.
What do I tell my doctor though when he asks why?
Also, can someone link me to info on a restart and what it consists of?

Tell him you want to know if you are primary or secondary. Hopefully he wants to know that too.

The first link I gave you discusses some restart protocols. I think it calls it Dynamic Therapy.

Back