Onk Spring 2016 Contest Prep

Onk

1kg = 2.20 lbs
Hi All,

I've recently resigned from work so have 4 weeks paid "gardening" leave as my notice period expires. At the end of these 4 weeks on Sat the 8th of October, I have IFBB state titles. On Sat the 29th of Oct I then have national titles.

As I live in the southern hemisphere, it will be spring in October (spring equinox in 1 week's time).

I'm hesitant to post any photos at present as the National comp is the Asia Pacific qualifier for the US Arnolds next year...so anyone coming top 3 gets fairly well known, and my face being on a steroid board wouldn't go down well....

----------------------------------

Stats:
26 years old (turn 27 tomorrow)
188 cm (6'1)
94kgs (207 lbs)
TDEE = 3900 (re-calculate this every 2 weeks, remember it changes with your weight and exercise amount!)
Calories = 3600 ED

Cycle: Counting backwards, contests in week 3 and 0

Steroids:
16-0 Mast E 600mg, Tren E 600mg
16-5 Test e 600mg
6-0 var 100mg, sdrol 20mg (var @ 150mg and sdrol @ 40mg weeks of show)

AI:
16-4 and 3-1, adex @ 0.3mg EoD
contest weeks 4 and 0, letro @ 1.25mg ED

Support:
NAC @ 1200mg
UDCA @ 500mg

Diuretics:
1 tab dyazide day before show at 9pm (before bed) and then 1 tab in morning a good 45 mins b4 pre judging

Training: 3 day split

Day 1 am chest, 30 min cardio
Day 1 pm front delts and triceps
Day 2 am back, abs, cardio
Day 2 pm rear delts and biceps
Day 3 am quads and calves
Day 3 pm hams and glutes and cardio

Cardio:
Only 30 mins of walking on treadmill @ 6km/h @ 5% incline. Nothing fancy.

Goal:
Another 1-2kg to lose, had a dexa scan, and although it's the most accurate way to project bodyfat, it showed I was at 9.5% when 1kg heavier, I'd be at 8% comfortably. 1-2kg will get me in nicely conditioned. Anything less than 7% is very nice.

Peak Week:
I don't do much here, I have carb loaded, water depleted, salt loaded, junk loaded and all kinds of funky shit over the years. here's what works for me.

Water Load - I already drink 6 litres a day, I back then down to 4L ED coming into the last week, rise that up to 7L a day the DAY before the show by 5pm, then CUT it completely. I only have sips until I've completed the whole competition so I don't pass out

Carb Load - I'm an athlete and I need carbs. With a show on Saturday I'd do this
Mon - 150g carbs
Tue - 100g
Wed - 100g
Thu - 250g
Fri - 500g
Sat - matters on conditioning, but I'd do just enough, while still wanting to be hungry. I don't want to be flat, that's worst nightmare. Did this once before, won't do it again!

Post Comp:
- Best time to be gaining muscle, body is primed to grow
- Give myself max 18 hours of bingeing, mostly baked goods and mexican food
- After 18 hours, back to normal, slight surplus to my TDEE and go from there
- If I do want certain foods I was deprived of during prep, I space them out. I try to make that 1 meal a week.

16-Sep:

Morning: quads and calves
3x front squat with 1 warm up. 3x10 @ 120kg
4x single leg press. 4x14 @ 140kgs
4x20 walking lunges +30kg barbell
3x10 leg extension @ 100kgs
3x20 standing calf extension +85kg
3x8 seated calf extension + 140kg

16-Sep:

Afternoon: hams + glutes
3x8 SLDL @ 100kg
4x10 prone ham curl @ 85kg
3x15 standing ham curl @ 45kg each leg
3xfailure rope machine glute thrust
3xfailure lying glute bridges + 20kg

I've backed down my volume this last day after some advice from friends. I may sleep 7 hours a night (minus needing to pee or tren sweats) but lately that hasn't been enough. We think it's due to over training. Yes it's a thing.

Onk,
Glad Ur running this log! I'm tuned in.
I agree about over training and losing sleep. I'm in the same boat now. So you have to listen to your body.

Onk,
Glad Ur running this log! I'm tuned in.
I agree about over training and losing sleep. I'm in the same boat now. So you have to listen to your body.

I honestly wasn't sure if I was over training or just fatigued mentally. In the end it was over training as I'm not meant to work our 3-4 hours a day. Maybe if I was on a surplus...but not now!

17 Sep - I actually forgot it was my bday, woke up and was getting ready for the below run and my gf reminded me...quick birthday quickie then off for a run

am
7km jog with my gf. Did it around the lovely Balmain "bay run"

pm
4x8 incline press at 140kgs
4x12 dip machine @ 115kgs
3x10 seated incline press, side chest ext @ 40kg each side
3x10, 1xfailure machine fly @ 95kgs
4x6 shoulder press @70kgs
3x10 DB lat raise @ 14kgs
5x10 rope tricep extension....these were already burnt as fuck from everything earlier

18 Sep

am - back and rear delts
4x10 lat pulldown @ 130kgs
3x8 seated close grip row @100kgs
4x10 close grip pull up +20kg DB
3x10 yates row @ 100kgs

4x12 rear delt fly @ 90/85/80/80-super set into 20x40
3xfailure rope face pull, forget the weight
3x20 BB shrugs @ 100kgs

pm
30 mins cardio

4x10 DB curl @ 22kg each
3x8 hammer curl @ 20kg each
3x12 preacher machine @ 30kgs each (not the true weight)

Back