Online personal trainers course

daan69 said:
im not necessarily looking to go the cheap route... especially if there are better places out there... whats a $200 certification worth to me, if no one knows the program? or if they do, they realize that its just what you said.....a cheap "tuition charge," then 24 hrs of studying and then a certification.

does everyone know ifta? is there some place better?

ifta is as legit as any of them. they get into the business end of it as well. insurance, the works.

obviously they all gonna say that "ours" is the best program out there. the last gym i trained at liked the ifta. even though i didnt work for the gym but trained on my own. they wanted to give me 15 bucks a pop when i was getting 30 on my own. they didnt like me training up there but there is nothing they could do about it as long as me and the trainee were mebers of the gym. they charged 35 and paid the trainers 15. they had about 10 trainers and only one of them knew what was going on. course they all thought they were gurus but theirs clients numbers said other wise. they actually had one trainer that put an old guy on a treadmill for 30 minutes (thats right the old guy paid for an hout of weight training and he got stuck on a treadmill) and he fucking died right there in the gym. the trainer was over talking to some highschool girl when the old guy bit the dust. =0l

Mudge, What I am getting at is that I train at a gym that has maybe 40 trainers and 35 of them are competitiors with size, experience and knowledge of training clients for years, now the other 5 we have are scientist, yup one guy is Biological scientist another is Exercise Physio with a Phd and they look like shit, they talk out their ass on most exercises they have their clients do while the other trainers do a great job on thier clients and you see results right away, I am saying when it comes to training experience and do as I do makes the best trainers, and from what I have seen they have some decent size as well...

EX, The gym I train at we give the owner $12.00 a client hour up to 25 clients then its a flat fee of $400.00 per month for anything over your 25 is 100% yours, we can make what ever we want, most guys charge $60.00 an hour up to $90.00 and hour, remember this is So Cal, and everyone has money but us...

IH, one thing true in life, sometimes the smart people can't see the forest for the trees. Too much data, not enough real life results. Paper doesn't always tell the whole story.

I play Devil's Advocate a lot though, lots of PTs that I see are out of shape and can't lift shit, but some really do know their stuff. I saw a young PT at my current gym doing about 1/5th squats with 405. Nice huh? :spank:

In-Human said:
EX, The gym I train at we give the owner $12.00 a client hour up to 25 clients then its a flat fee of $400.00 per month for anything over your 25 is 100% yours, we can make what ever we want, most guys charge $60.00 an hour up to $90.00 and hour, remember this is So Cal, and everyone has money but us...

damn 90 bucks an hour. i need to move back west then. shit the gym im at dont have a training program. no one is gonna pay to get trained. =0)

Mudge said:
IH, one thing true in life, sometimes the smart people can't see the forest for the trees. Too much data, not enough real life results. Paper doesn't always tell the whole story.

I play Devil's Advocate a lot though, lots of PTs that I see are out of shape and can't lift shit, but some really do know their stuff. I saw a young PT at my current gym doing about 1/5th squats with 405. Nice huh? :spank:

You are correct on your first paragraph, its the sad truth, so much bullshit out there I have to be skeptical, I wish I was not, but I can't help it, I am just old and set in my way of thinking about this PT thing. Well get his ass all the way to the ground with 2/3 that weight and that would be impressive, and no not PBs way of "ass on the calves", you have an ass the size of a car and of course you cannot go very far down...

In-Human said:
Mudge, Would you ever in your right mind sit and listen to what comes out of dieticians mouth, I have never yet heard one that knew what the hell they were talking about, they live in this world of text books and not reallity, sure lab studies have some weight, but experience is the key, would you listen to fat smoking doctor tell you how to quit smoking and how to lose weight?...
Couldn't have said it better. I am a physical training leader for my squadron (I'm in the Air Force) and we had to go to a 2 day class in which they actually had us work with a dietician and she put up a picture of Ronnie Coleman and told us that if we wanted to look like that we should eat 50 grams of protein a day and lift 3 times a week. I kinda called bullshit without being a dick and she said that well maybe a little bit more but that your bod couldnt possibly use more than 150 grams a day. It's amazing what works on paper and what works in real life.

The government here says that if you want to be a personal trainer or even open your own gym...you have to have a degree in Physical Education.

What kind of crap is that?

B True

Back