Oops I have been doubling my dose please help!

Kaoms352

My Dr. prescribed me to 100mg (.5ml) of Testosterone Cypionate per week. I just did an injection and realized the bottle has maybe one more dose remaining and that I have been using 200mg/week!!! I guess I just assumed 1ml=100mg not 1ml=200mg.

My question is I know if I call the Dr. she will tell me to just cut the dose in half but I feel great and dont want to do that. I am supposed to get my labs done in the next 2 weeks. Should I just continue the double dose and show her my labs and admit I have been making a mistake and hope she doesnt lower my dose??

Please advise

If I was the doctor, I'd feel pretty deceived.

This seems to be a common problem on this forum. With all else being equal, keeping all your other hormones in check - more T will always feel better. That's just a fact of life. By that reasoning, should you just take 500mg T because you'll feel great?

I'd give her a call, let her know what happened. Tell her you feel great. See what she says. If you really want to keep on that dose - without knowing where your bloodwork falls - you can say something like since I've been taking 200mg all this time, if we switch my dose to 100mg these last two weeks, won't we not know where my bloodwork falls for either a 100mg dose or a 200mg based on the esters and half life? And if I maintain this dose of 200mg for the entire time period, wouldn't that give us a better reference point? I wasn't trying to deceive or take advantage of, I just didn't understand the conversion of ml to mg. With that said, I feel great and I'd like to see where this falls in the range. I understand thay if its high, we'll need to back down after the blood results.

Understand if you piss her off and run out of T, she may not be willing to prescribe again because her medical license is on the line. She doesn't want to be the doctor that has a patient that she prescribed T to, come back with a TT count of 2000. That would look pretty bad if a medical board or insurance company reviewed the file and found. How likely is that? I have no idea but if I were a doctor making $200,000/year in a occupation I liked, I wouldn't risk it on some guy who didn't follow my prescription.

Last edited:
If I was the doctor, I'd feel pretty deceived.

This seems to be a common problem on this forum. With all else being equal, keeping all your other hormones in check - more T will always feel better. That's just a fact of life. By that reasoning, should you just take 500mg T because you'll feel great?

The guy said he made an honest mistake in dosing and he is brand new to all of this. Why the hell are you lecturing him on the evilness of cycles?

My Dr. prescribed me to 100mg (.5ml) of Testosterone Cypionate per week. I just did an injection and realized the bottle has maybe one more dose remaining and that I have been using 200mg/week!!! I guess I just assumed 1ml=100mg not 1ml=200mg.

My question is I know if I call the Dr. she will tell me to just cut the dose in half but I feel great and dont want to do that. I am supposed to get my labs done in the next 2 weeks. Should I just continue the double dose and show her my labs and admit I have been making a mistake and hope she doesnt lower my dose??

Please advise

Come clean with your doctor and let her know you made an honest mistake. Ask her how she wants you to proceed before your labs. And don't be afraid to let her know how you feel on that dose when you talk next. 200mg of test a week is still considered a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose. You are not even close to being in the range of running a cycle which many consider to begin at 400mg/week.

Make sure that when you get your labs that you check Estradiol. At 200mg per week you may have elevated Estradiol which would require an Aromatase Inhibitor.

Let us know how it goes.

The guy said he made an honest mistake in dosing and he is brand new to all of this. Why the hell are you lecturing him on the evilness of cycles?

I have realized TB is a straight up quack, I have a feeling he drinks too much when he post's :)

Former steroid user now wants to preach to everyone cause he did things the wrong way.

Also he always comments "seems like they do this a lot on this board", I am gonna search his handle and see what I come up with, I doubt he would use the same one though, most of these types get such a bad rep on other boards they have to start new handles.

It's kind of a good mistake that you made because who knows when you might have otherwise experimented with a 200mg weekly dose.

Hope she gets you that one more dose you need to go with the one you have so that you can run all the way to the blood work on 200 since you are so close.

Are you going to be butt hurt by my prior posts so yore going to attempt to over analyze everything I post now? There's already company in that boat.

Re-read what I wrote.

I didn't insinuate anywhere that his mistake wasn't by accident. I spelled out that using the rationale that 'more felt better' isn't scientific or really medically relevant. We have no idea where that dose puts him since we don't have bloodwork.

I simply pointed out the obvious. More T will nearly always feel better (I can't think of an instance where it wouldn't off the top of my head) as long as you're stil keeping all the other factors in check.

I gave him rock solid advice. Move on.

Ok, Thanks for the advice.

I am going to call her tomorrow and just be honest. I just hope she is reasonable and doesn't cut my does in half...

Back