Optimum Nutrition's AfterMax

brawnywildcat

I am considering using this as my PWO shake. If anyone has used this, please let me know what you think/how it worked for you.

Optimum Nutrition's After Max™ is a comprehensive post-workout powder that establishes a foundation for accelerated recovery and serious muscle growth. This state-of-the-art recovery formula supplies a superior blend of 40 grams of the highest quality proteins, with rapidly digesting carbohydrates, free form amino acids and 22 vitamins and essential minerals including antioxidants and electrolytes. After Max™ also provides 5 grams of Creapure™ brand Creatine Monohydrate, over 5 grams of Glutamine from L-Glutamine, Glutamine Peptides, and Whey Protein, 1 gram of Taurine and enzyme systems to help maximize post-workout recovery.

Product Profile

Calories

Calories from Fat

Total Fat
5g

Saturated Fat
2.5 g

Total Carbohydrate
40 g

Cholesterol
45 mg

Sugars
5 g

Protein
40 g

Creatine Monohydrate
5 g

L-Glutamine
5 g

Taurine
1 g

Aminogen®
250 mg

Carbogen®
250 mg

Daily Value not established

Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

Other Ingredients: Proprietary Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Glutamine Peptides, Whey Protein Isolate, Hydrolyzed Whey Peptides), Maltodextrin, Cocoa, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Salt, Acesulfame Potassium, Vitamin/Mineral Blend (Ascorbic Acid, d-alpha Tocopheryl Succinate, Maltodextrin, Niacinamide, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Chromium Polynicotinate, Riboflavin, Vitamin A Palmitate, Biotin, Folic Acid, Cholecalciferol, Cyanocobalamin), Sucralose (Splenda® Brand).

Suggested Use: Mix three scoops of After Max™ with 16 oz. of water, skim milk, or your favorite beverage and consume within 30 minutes of training completion. Additional servings may also be consumed 1-3 hours before training and/or 1-2 hours before bed or as directed by a physician or licensed nutritionist.

Serving Size: 97g (3 scoops)

Package Size: 4.27 lbs., 20 servings

Aminogen® and Carbogen® are registered trademarks of Triarco Industries Inc.

Creapure™ is a trademark of Degussa BioActives.

After Max

I have tryed one container of it personally i think any of the post work proteins are not any different than regular whey. Try drinking your regular wheys while your working out i will bet you will get the same results. I think if you feed your muscles with protein during workout you will keep canibalism from taken effect. Try to stay with a high profile of amino acids in your whey protein. Just my opinion. Tear. It. Up. Mad Dawg!

Mad Dawg: Do you drink your whey with water post workout?

How do you replenish your glycogen stores post workout?

I use prolabs nlarge 2 right now........but im thinking of switching to this drink......they are about the same price per serving.

hey buddy boy

To answer your question on post work out whey drink i like to stick to orange juice mixed with vanilla whey i get better results and i think orange juice gives you better absortion. You might ask why orange juice all i can say is it really works for me. Go ahead and try it yourself let me know what you think you might be surprised. Glycogen restorers try oatmeal its like a slow feed. for a quick fix i eat about a half of bag of peanuts in a shell salted.Peanuts also hold a great deal of the amino acid arginine.I also think bananas help Also eat a whole can of sliced pineapple or chunks.But like i said oatmeal is the best way for a slow feed its like a time release. Hope this answers your question. Tear. It. Up. Mad Dawg!

BuddyBoy said:
Mad Dawg: Do you drink your whey with water post workout?

How do you replenish your glycogen stores post workout?
To replenish your glycogen stores, you need to take in carbs with a high glycemic index immediately after you train. Gatorade is great to mix your protein shake with as it is a good high glycemic carb(91).
Orange juice sits around 57 on the glycemic index so it's sitting in the moderate carb area,so I don't think that's your best choice.. Another option would be some honey(80 on the index) or straight dextrose(100 on the index). You want to take in between 50g-100g immediately after you train.

moderator from Mad Dawg

Moderator dont get me wrong but i never said that orange juice was the best thing to use with whey protein, all i meant was it work great for me. Hell you can mix whey with a can of beer and get some kind of results.And if your going to suck down some honey for a glycemic fix you might as well down to tabel spoons of raw sugar. really not much difference. Bottom line is use what works good for you your body will respond accordinly. P.S. their are no two bodys alike. Tear. It. Up. Mad Dawg!

This is what I've been doing for about a month now. 15 minutes post workout I mix and drink this:

20 ounces water
2 scoops optimum nutritions 100% WPC (about 40 grams)
100 grams dextrose
10 grams creatine
300 mgs Racemic ALA (from beyond a century FYI)

It tastes way too sweet but I just chug it down. I've never had a problem with eating/drinking nasty shit so I just throw the ALA in there too LOL. The sweetness actually bugs me more than the bitterness of the ALA. Oh yeah sometimes I take my gram o B-5 in there too.

PS I hate it when cannibalism strikes when I'm working out.:p

Back