Oral test without the ester - some new research

killler

Oral test without the ester increases protein synthesis via liver mechanism without going into the blood circulation(no shutdown)

This is some novel research,I don`t know how much benefit to building muscle it would do but I`m willing to try it and see if it makes a difference,since I haven`t done any AAS ever.

I know the study was done on women but the other was done on men receiving GH.

If someone knowleadgable could comment,I`m not an expert but I`ve read a lot.

Oral low-dose testosterone administration i... [Eur J Endocrinol. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

Eur J Endocrinol. 2013 Jul 29;169(3):321-7. doi: 10.1530/EJE-13-0406. Print 2013 Sep.
Oral low-dose testosterone administration induces whole-body protein anabolism in postmenopausal women: a novel liver-targeted therapy.
Birzniece V1, Umpleby MA, Poljak A, Handelsman DJ, Ho KK.
Author information
Abstract
OBJECTIVE:
In hypopituitary men, oral delivery of unesterified testosterone in doses that result in a solely hepatic androgen effect enhances protein anabolism during GH treatment. In this study, we aimed to determine whether liver-targeted androgen supplementation induces protein anabolism in GH-replete normal women.
DESIGN:
Eight healthy postmenopausal women received 2-week treatment with oral testosterone at a dose of 40 mg/day (crystalline testosterone USP). This dose increases portal concentrations of testosterone, exerting androgenic effects on the liver without a spillover into the systemic circulation.
OUTCOME MEASURES:
The outcome measures were whole-body leucine turnover, from which leucine rate of appearance (LRa, an index of protein breakdown) and leucine oxidation (Lox, a measure of irreversible protein loss) were estimated, energy expenditure and substrate utilization. We measured the concentration of liver transaminases as well as of testosterone, SHBG and IGF1.
RESULTS:
Testosterone treatment significantly reduced LRa by 7.1 ± 2.5% and Lox by 14.6 ± 4.5% (P<0.05). The concentration of liver transaminases did not change significantly, while that of serum SHBG fell within the normal range by 16.8 ± 4.0% and that of IGF1 increased by 18.4 ± 7.7% (P<0.05). The concentration of peripheral testosterone increased from 0.4 ± 0.1 to 1.1 ± 0.2 nmol/l (P<0.05), without exceeding the upper normal limit. There was no change in energy expenditure and fat and carbohydrate utilization.
CONCLUSIONS:
Hepatic exposure to unesterified testosterone by oral delivery stimulates protein anabolism by reducing protein breakdown and oxidation without inducing systemic androgen excess in women. We conclude that a small oral dose of unesterified testosterone holds promise as a simple novel treatment of protein catabolism and muscle wasting.

Last edited:
Looks like a reasonable study to me, but impossible to compare how this dosage and oral delivery route might compare with standard esterified-testosterone at the dosages we all typically use. My guess is that the oral test (non-esterified) at 40 mg / day would be about the same or even weaker than a typical 500-800 mg/week of test-esters for building muscle or maintaining muscle.

Man I'm so wanting to try an oral test but can't even really say I've even seen or heard anyone using it but I definitely want to.

Man I'm so wanting to try an oral test but can't even really say I've even seen or heard anyone using it but I definitely want to.

Due to the first pass in the liver you would probably need to take like 3 or 4 x 40mg Andriol a day to get to 500-600mgs, would be hella expensive not to mention taxing on the liver. 1 weeks worth would be close to the same cost as 5 weeks worth of injectable test and harder on on your body.. Not really seeing a plus side to this..

From what I understand it doesn't pass through the liver but the lymphatic system. I've had very bad reactions to the last 3 oils I've injected so I'm (a) trying to pinpoint which oils are jackin me up and (b) looking for alternatives. And yes andriol seems to be hella expensive

Back