overweight girlfriend.

lwilder

My girlfriend is pretty ...well... fat!
It doesnt bother me, but it does bother her.
She doesnt do any cardio and doesnt eat right ether.
You could say the problem lays there, but i think shes
so overweight that she doesnt have the energy to even start.
I was woundering, would ephedrine help her get startet?
Or is there any other thing that would make her lose some lbs?
I think she would be starting the cardio and diet if she saw that
somthing actually happened.
I guess shes about 250 lbs or somthing.
With that size its difficult to just start jogging, and its embarresing for
her to go to the gym. (her words, i have been trying to get her there for
almost a year.)

Someone know about a good way to drop some dangerous fat?

Hey man, probably not the best forum to post this in. YOu should post in the female forum and the diet/supplement forum.

lwilder said:
I was woundering, would ephedrine help her get started?
Absolutely not appropriate, I am sorry. The ephedrine won't do anything beneficial for her and may in fact be dangerous.
lwilder said:
With that size its difficult to just start jogging, and its embarresing for
her to go to the gym.
Then she doesn't need to go to the gym. I used to be pretty heavy. I started out running to the nearby stopsign at which point I would be out of breath and I would talk back. Very sad, but I kept at it every day. Eventually, I was able to run five miles. But I wouldn't have been successful without changing my diet. I ate proper and if I was hungry between meals, then I ate vegatables: like canned peas.

At her weight, her body actually wants to loose much of the fat. Simply correcting her diet and a nice walk EVERY DAY will do wonders.

I wish her luck and I wish you luck in giving her the motivation she needs, although she will truely need to make the sacrifices herself.

Don't buy anymore junkfood and don't go out to eat...that makes it easier for me.

mranak said:
Absolutely not appropriate, I am sorry. The ephedrine won't do anything beneficial for her and may in fact be dangerous.

Then she doesn't need to go to the gym. I used to be pretty heavy. I started out running to the nearby stopsign at which point I would be out of breath and I would talk back. Very sad, but I kept at it every day. Eventually, I was able to run five miles. But I wouldn't have been successful without changing my diet. I ate proper and if I was hungry between meals, then I ate vegatables: like canned peas.

At her weight, her body actually wants to loose much of the fat. Simply correcting her diet and a nice walk EVERY DAY will do wonders.

I wish her luck and I wish you luck in giving her the motivation she needs, although she will truely need to make the sacrifices herself.

Don't buy anymore junkfood and don't go out to eat...that makes it easier for me.

Thanks for the advice!
regarding ephedrine, i will not try that then ;)
She eats with me, and i have a pretty balanced diet.
but the problem is that im finding chocolate paper stuffed around and junk food reciepts in the car.
i havent confronted her about the this, since she is hearing it from so many others.

i have also tried to get her to swim with me, since she loves swiming.

i think she has to do this on her own, since me talking to her about it would just make her worse.
And she is easily insulted if i hint.

Did you start on your own? and what helped you on the way? say, from friends? i want to help her, but i dont know how to interfere without insulting her.

Diet and Cardio.. All she needs, If she's lazy, Slap her upside the face and tell her to get off the couch and take the potato chips away.

Only thing that will help her is : Motivation.

big-tymer said:
Diet and Cardio.. All she needs, If she's lazy, Slap her upside the face and tell her to get off the couch and take the potato chips away.

Only thing that will help her is : Motivation.

I was pretty big when i was a kid to, and my mom said once ;
ill give you 50 dollars for each kilo you lose.

you know what happened? The next time i weighted myself i weight 5 kilos more then before.

Im trying to motivate her, and she does know very much about good dieting.
how do i motivate her to start working that ass without insulting her? hehe.

ephedrine is NOT good for overweight people. a well-rounded diet low in sugar (chocolate) and empty calories will help her energy. but she needs to push her body in order for it to create new "peaks" of energy potential. your question is how does she initially accomplish this push, especially on a semi-sustained (initially) basis. motivation is one factor, and perhaps she needs a female friend/partner to help her. aside from motivation, she might/might be able to try limited and monitored quantities of caffeine. not all would agree with this, as there are risks and the body will grow dependent or resistent to it. but initially, under controlled conditions, it may help. realize, however, that the objective is to stimulate the body so that the body is self-sufficient in producing adequate energy. so caffeine and other stimulants are not the long term solution. diet, progressively more challenging exercise, motivation, and peer support are more important. also, regulate the amount of sleep: 8 hours is generally the right amount, but this depends on the individual.

best of luck!

lwilder said:
Did you start on your own? and what helped you on the way? say, from friends? i want to help her, but i dont know how to interfere without insulting her.
My reasons would be been different than your girlfriends reasons, except that nobody likes to be overweight.

Once you get going, doing the cardio and loosing weight, it becomes a bit addictive. It is true that both cardio _and_ diet are essential to become fit, but I suppose that it might work if you can get her to start with just the cardio at first and maybe that will give her the motivation to fix her diet. I just don't know; everyone is different.

This is a really difficult issue for you to help her resolve. It is very difficult to give her the motivation to eat right and exercise without hurting her feelings, if bringing the subject up does hurt her feelings.

Maybe some other guys will tune in with advice. Or maybe try the women's forum here on this board. Women tend to understand women better than us guys. ;)

Update: just a thought. If she ever says 'I can't loose weight' or 'I don't understand why I am so heavy', then that is probably a fair time to say, "Then don't eat junkfood." But if she doesn't ever say those things, then nevermind.

Last edited:
lwilder said:
My girlfriend is pretty ...well... fat! Someone know about a good way to drop some dangerous fat?

Take an evening walk with her at least 5 nights per week, trying to work up to 30 minutes per walk. To control her appetite and losing the desire for junk food, you might consider putting her on a supplement called LeptiGen Rebirth by Avant labs. Leptin is a hormone which controls appetite and nutrient partitioning. Obese people have high levels of Leptin which is good, but they have poor Leptin sensitivity. Leptigen Rebirth is suppose to greatly improve Leptin sensitivity, which should decrease her appetite and cause her body to direct more calories into the muscle for energy verses into the fat cells. www.DPSNutrition.com has it for as good a price as you will find.

Deepglute said:
Take an evening walk with her at least 5 nights per week, trying to work up to 30 minutes per walk. To control her appetite and losing the desire for junk food, you might consider putting her on a supplement called LeptiGen Rebirth by Avant labs. Leptin is a hormone which controls appetite and nutrient partitioning. Obese people have high levels of Leptin which is good, but they have poor Leptin sensitivity. Leptigen Rebirth is suppose to greatly improve Leptin sensitivity, which should decrease her appetite and cause her body to direct more calories into the muscle for energy verses into the fat cells. www.DPSNutrition.com has it for as good a price as you will find.

Ill check that one out, thank you so much!

Golgo13 said:
No chemical or suplement will stop lazyness. She has to want it bad enough for herself.

How do we even know that she is lazy! Does she have any health problems?? Does she not eat right? :)

Deepglute said:
Take an evening walk with her at least 5 nights per week, trying to work up to 30 minutes per walk.
This is what I was going to suggest...walking is a great way to start and it's something you can do together.

ntnfdvd said:
This is what I was going to suggest...walking is a great way to start and it's something you can do together.

Just the moral support of wanted to walk, workout, and do the same things with her she needs to do to loose weight will help some have more motivation. It show you care.. Good luck bro!! :)

Golgo13 said:
No chemical or suplement will stop lazyness. She has to want it bad enough for herself.
Determination is the key for anyone, it's still hard for me get up sometimes and do cardio but like someone mentioned before NO ONE likes to be fat.

redman9 said:
How do we even know that she is lazy! Does she have any health problems?? Does she not eat right? :)
He already said that she doesn't eat right. And I don't care what anyone says: a 250lb obese person has health problems. The evidence is substantial.

lwilder: What does she normally drink? Sugary beverages add a ton of calories that spike the insulin: not good. But some people also have a hard time loosing weight while drinking beverages made with aspertame (NutraSweet). Water is the best of course, but there are other choices as well, depending on the situation.

Last edited:
mranak said:
He already said that she doesn't eat right. And I don't care what anyone says: a 250lb obese person has health problems. The evidence is substantial.

lwilder: What does she normally drink? Sugary beverages add a ton of calories that spike the insulin: not good. But some people also have a hard time loosing weight while drinking beverages made with aspertame (NutraSweet). Water is the best of course, but there are other choices as well, depending on the situation.

Yes, she has health problems, shes heavy breathed, and cant do what we do, playing tennis, volleyball and things a normal 24 year old girl should be able to do.
She has a thought time with it to, bad selfasteam and alt that.

The weird thing is that she eats only healthy food (like me, meat-chicken/tuna).
Its the amount of it that is the problem, she eats more than me, and im bulking!

and ofcourse all the hidden candy all around.
(witch i prentend i dont know about.)

She only drinks low-carb beverages, but mabe 5-6 litre a day if she can.

its a psycological problem i feel, since shes actually pretty informed in dieting, she just doesnt do it.

lwilder said:
its a psycological problem i feel, since shes actually pretty informed in dieting, she just doesnt do it.
I'm sure that you're right. Gosh, if she could just get rid of that candy and junk.

Back