Pain in injection site pharma grade test. Cyp.

cave62

I've been on 200mg of test cyp. Pfizer brand for a couple months now. I've been injecting in my quads with a 23g needle. Is it normal to feel a bad Charlie horse pain for a few days after injecting? I get my test. for free as my insurance is through pfizer, but I would be willing to pay for a different brand if it were less painful. Are they pretty much all made the same way and am I just being a baby? What brands do others use and do you prefer one drug company over another and why?

I doubt there's much to be gained switching away from pharm grade. Some pain for a few days is normal, usually it gets less. I really only feel it when I stretch my quad muscle. You could try going down to a 25g needle. How long is your needle? How is your injection technique? Doing it yourself? The steadier you keep the needle the less trauma from the injection you will cause. The rest is probably sensitivity to the preservatives, there may not be much you can do about that apart from giving your body time to desensitize to it.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try a 25g next time. I do it myself and I draw with a 18g and 23g to shoot. I use new needles every time. I grab a chunk of my quad in between my thumb and the rest of my hand and quickly insert the needle in the crown on the muscle, all without flexing then shoot. Needles are 1 1/2". Sorry for the shitty explanation, I'm not very good at explaining this.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try a 25g next time. I do it myself and I draw with a 18g and 23g to shoot. I use new needles every time. I grab a chunk of my quad in between my thumb and the rest of my hand and quickly insert the needle in the crown on the muscle, all without flexing then shoot. Needles are 1 1/2". Sorry for the shitty explanation, I'm not very good at explaining this.

Personally I find 1" to be plenty. Opinions vary on pinching the muscle, but I think most now advocate against it. I just pin my relaxed straight leg, no pinching.

I've been pinning pharm pfizer for a few years quads and glutes and rarely feel any pain or discomfort. It's def not the brand but l will say my first few shots l had nasty pain for days afterward. Until l read somewhere to inject the Test very slowly versus jamming it into your muscle, trying to get the shot over with.
So the syringe is 3ml with 10 lines between each ml, ideally you want to inject about one line or one tenth of a ml per every 10 seconds (this means that for every 1ml it would take 100 seconds or 1 min 40 secs) . l know this may be too slow for some but for me this did the trick for painless or soreness of any kind after injecting. Nowadays l inject a little faster so at about 5 secs per line or half the time stated above(this should be all you need). l'd advise against squeezing the muscle and instead stretch it a little before and have it nice and relaxed during. Needle size only made a difference on the actual moment of injection for me.

Back