painfull homebrew

ausmusclebound

Hello everyone i started a thread in the wrong forum
steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/615845-5-ba-homebrew.html

the instructions were to use
1ml BA 5%
15.25ml gso
5g enanthate powder

the pain isnt instant but after a couple hours it feels like bruising and is noticible for 72 hours after, which is the problem really i dont mind if it hurt for 24 hours but 3 days is to long.
the .2 whatman filters were purchased off of ebay and they were not sealed/ sterile so i ran 10 ml of BA through them prior to filtering.
the oil was not usp grade, but i sterilized it thoroughly.
the powder seems to be legit clumpy piney smelling with low melting point.
i didnt think i needed BB do i didnt import it. (domestic prices are rediculous in australia).

visually the finished product is clear, looks perfect.
will adding BB reduce pain?? or more oil and powder?
thanks for the help

Sounds like you need to dilute it, I've never had a painful Enanthate but I've had painful Prop which had similar effects to what you're experiencing. I've never made homebrew but I'm inclined to suggest that maybe diluting it with more sterile oil or possibly even injection water?

okay, if I'm seeing this right, you made 20ml of Enth @ 250mg/ml.

Personally I think you would be okay without using BB but to have been safe, I would have made it at 200mg since not using BB. If it would have been my stuff, I would NEVER have run it through a filter that was not sealed/sterile. For all you know that filter was used before and for God knows what. There are enough places to purchase filters that you don't need to take that chance. Not sure what's causing so much pain though, maybe someone else will have a better idea

If its a standard filter and you ran BA through it first it would be holding 2ml of BA inside the filter.

All filters are non sterile by the way, its the filtered solution that is starile after it passes the membrane.
SO...
If you started with 2ml ba in the filter already and started your process your first bottle would be even thinner than the rest of them, take a look at the consistancy of your bottles.

My suspission is that you ended up with way more BA than you think you did.

I would have used this recipe.
11.75 oil
5g powder
.4ml bb
3.6ml ba

What I would do, is pull out half from each bottle and mix them together.

A few more notes too:

2 bottles is hardly enough to go through the brew process, try and make 4+ split it with a buddie if you have to.

You can use food grade oil, I double filter mine, .45 filter but I do like 8L at a time.
Then when you filter your final product with the .22 its fine.

Filters can be purchased anywhere and will do 100ml of oil if you have clean powder and oil already. If either has particulate this number will go down.
Filters are sterile on the inside so I am unsure how you think yours was unsterile, i have mine in a zip lock bag, and that is how they came. You only have to worry about if they look cracked or some how damaged. In most cases crushing during shipping or being blown by you during the filter process.

Welcome to the brew club!

actually what i did was made a double(40ml) batch with those ratios sorry should have said that,
Also i filtered it into a 100ml vial then split it up into smaller vials after so its all mixed in.

the ebay seller said the filters were sterile but i just assumed they were'nt because they were'nt in any kind of blister package.

after i ran the BA through the filter i pushed some air through it, but yeah your right there would have been BA left in it
assuming there was say 1ml ba left in the filter that would bring the ratio up to around 7.5% ba total

if i was to make another 40ml batch with your recipe except with no BA and mix it up with the old batch would that work?

i hope im not in over my head.
im kicking myself now i should have researched more during the whole process but i am paranoid visiting these web sites on my home pc, i have a friends laptop now.

fucking australian customs nazis already seized two deliveries so i didnt want to leave traces on my pc.
sorry for the rant. And thanks to all the helpful replies!

I agree that its probably just way too much BA. I use 2% BA and about 15% BB. The reason for keeping the BA low is the pain factor. You need some for sterility of course but the more you use the more it hurts.

actually what i did was made a double(40ml) batch with those ratios sorry should have said that,
Also i filtered it into a 100ml vial then split it up into smaller vials after so its all mixed in.

the ebay seller said the filters were sterile but i just assumed they were'nt because they were'nt in any kind of blister package.

after i ran the BA through the filter i pushed some air through it, but yeah your right there would have been BA left in it
assuming there was say 1ml ba left in the filter that would bring the ratio up to around 7.5% ba total

if i was to make another 40ml batch with your recipe except with no BA and mix it up with the old batch would that work?

i hope im not in over my head.
im kicking myself now i should have researched more during the whole process but i am paranoid visiting these web sites on my home pc, i have a friends laptop now.

fucking australian customs nazis already seized two deliveries so i didnt want to leave traces on my pc.
sorry for the rant. And thanks to all the helpful replies!

No need to be paranoid, just make sure you do some precautions and you will be fine.

Here is the calculator.
Steroid Powder calculator

I just did a batch this weekend of 40 bottles, minor crashing, but it was my own fault for not taking my time and waiting till all the crystals were disolved :(

If its a standard filter and you ran BA through it first it would be holding 2ml of BA inside the filter.

All filters are non sterile by the way, its the filtered solution that is starile after it passes the membrane.
SO...
If you started with 2ml ba in the filter already and started your process your first bottle would be even thinner than the rest of them, take a look at the consistancy of your bottles.

My suspission is that you ended up with way more BA than you think you did.

I would have used this recipe.
11.75 oil
5g powder
.4ml bb
3.6ml ba

What I would do, is pull out half from each bottle and mix them together.

A few more notes too:

2 bottles is hardly enough to go through the brew process, try and make 4+ split it with a buddie if you have to.

You can use food grade oil, I double filter mine, .45 filter but I do like 8L at a time.
Then when you filter your final product with the .22 its fine.

Filters can be purchased anywhere and will do 100ml of oil if you have clean powder and oil already. If either has particulate this number will go down.
Filters are sterile on the inside so I am unsure how you think yours was unsterile, i have mine in a zip lock bag, and that is how they came. You only have to worry about if they look cracked or some how damaged. In most cases crushing during shipping or being blown by you during the filter process.

Welcome to the brew club!

These are the filter you need and yes they are sterile. If your filters are coming to you in zip lock bag you might want to start looking for another supplier. This is the whatman you should be using: 6900-2504

Amazon has them and ebay.

These are the filter you need and yes they are sterile. If your filters are coming to you in zip lock bag you might want to start looking for another supplier. This is the whatman you should be using: 6900-2504

Amazon has them and ebay.

I doubt seriously that he is running 8L of oil through a syringe filter ... but these would be fine for the OP for sure.

I run mine 2%BA and 18%BB I'm thinking its the BA causing the pain.

Well it seems BB is restricted here, not sure about importing. have to check tsa banned list
pretty funny though i type in benzyl benzoate australia and i get a site for treating wombat mange. might have to visit the vet and say i have a mangey wombat

Last edited:
so tthe bb got throught customs fine, so my current batch was 2%ba 18%bb at 250mg and the shit is still painfull.
I dont understand it, i can dilute it down to 125mg per ml and use 4 ml in one quad and its fine but 1ml of 250mg kills me.
maybe i should try EO next time?
is the powder crashing in the muscle?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

not sure if anyone is interested but apparently some chinese enanthate has carbolic acid in it.
Found some ideas on how to filter it out prior to brewing that i will try. fingers crossed i can salvage whats left.

I'm thinking it's possibly your raw material, there is a process in making it that can lead to PIP, or it's crashing in depot and crystalizing in the muscle.

BA really doesn't cause pain until around 10% and for some around 5%. I've seen people inject BA to test this out, the result was no pain but everyone reacts different.

Now that you have the appropriate solvents you will be fine but E does not need BB, although it thins the solution and helps it hold.

I'm not getting into a debate but I also use the unsterile filters(which is talking about the package not the filter).

Make sure you are using the correct filters. Certain ones are not intended for these solvents. Also filtering the solution when it's too hot will break down the membrane of the filter and can cause painful injects. You would not see anything in the final product but, it could also allow bacteria to pass thru if the filter is damaged by heat. They all have a temp rating and you can use a digital thermometer to check the temp.

Also, BA is an antimicrobial. It's not a disinfectant. Running it thru your filter does not sterilize it. That's why you use IPA when steralizing vials, beakers, media bottles, etc. If ba worked, we would just use that. The purpose of the filter is to remove particulates/bacteria/viruses, so the housing if intact is not much concern. You can wipe the outside with isopropyl alcohol before use, and use a new pair of rubber gloves when handling but just make sure that your receiver is sterile.

So BA is to prevent the new growth of bacteria in your solution but its not there to sterilize. If ba were able to keep something sterile, you would need a .22 filter. You would use something to remove particulates and let ba take care of the rest but that's not the case.

If you are really concerned, set the filters in a zip lock and place them under uv light for 10-15 minutes.

I wouldnt spend much time worrying about any of this. It sounds like you did a decent job for your first time, and were able to figure a way to resolve the issue. I'm not sure I would have made 125, but that's fine. And congrats on getting any of the into AUS. Ive talked to guys who pay outrageous amounts for a 10ml so it sounds like you have a good thing going. It will get easier with each attempt to make something and you will develop your own techniques.

I'm thinking it's possibly your raw material, there is a process in making it that can lead to PIP, or it's crashing in depot and crystalizing in the muscle.

BA really doesn't cause pain until around 10% and for some around 5%. I've seen people inject BA to test this out, the result was no pain but everyone reacts different.

Now that you have the appropriate solvents you will be fine but E does not need BB, although it thins the solution and helps it hold.

I'm not getting into a debate but I also use the unsterile filters(which is talking about the package not the filter).

Make sure you are using the correct filters. Certain ones are not intended for these solvents. Also filtering the solution when it's too hot will break down the membrane of the filter and can cause painful injects. You would not see anything in the final product but, it could also allow bacteria to pass thru if the filter is damaged by heat. They all have a temp rating and you can use a digital thermometer to check the temp.

Also, BA is an antimicrobial. It's not a disinfectant. Running it thru your filter does not sterilize it. That's why you use IPA when steralizing vials, beakers, media bottles, etc. If ba worked, we would just use that. The purpose of the filter is to remove particulates/bacteria/viruses, so the housing if intact is not much concern. You can wipe the outside with isopropyl alcohol before use, and use a new pair of rubber gloves when handling but just make sure that your receiver is sterile.

So BA is to prevent the new growth of bacteria in your solution but its not there to sterilize. If ba were able to keep something sterile, you would need a .22 filter. You would use something to remove particulates and let ba take care of the rest but that's not the case.

If you are really concerned, set the filters in a zip lock and place them under uv light for 10-15 minutes.

I wouldnt spend much time worrying about any of this. It sounds like you did a decent job for your first time, and were able to figure a way to resolve the issue. I'm not sure I would have made 125, but that's fine. And congrats on getting any of the into AUS. Ive talked to guys who pay outrageous amounts for a 10ml so it sounds like you have a good thing going. It will get easier with each attempt to make something and you will develop your own techniques.

Great post!

thanks for the feedback User, the info on the filters sets my mind at ease a little.
im getting bloods done to check the legitimacy of the source without a doubt, either way im not going to push my luck with customs again.
ironic thing is now that ive stockpiled test i might be moving to america, since i married a cali girl and she has been nagging me to meet her family. lol
besides its too expensive to get massive in australia. HGH is impossible to get here.

Last edited:
Back