pec issue?

antknee

hey all- general question on pec injury. last week i started doing db benches again after a long time off them..it went well. a few days later i was just a bit sore with a ' tad ' more sore spot on the left side just under the insertion. yesterday i was doing rack lockouts and up near 500lbs i felt something 'go' ...more like shred and i just dropped the weight- i thought for sure i ripped the pec- iced after about 10 mins with some NSAID's as well-no bruising or swelling at this point, ive got full ROM but i can feel that one spot when i flex the pec- its not on the part that connects to the shoulder, its on the lower left of the pec by the armpit- feels like i got punched with a knuckle but thats it..and it isnt really bad- yesterday it was-im thinking pec or pec minor strain and i just need to lay off the chest work for a week and then go in slow- is this about right? anything else i should do..btw, if it matters, im going ' on ' in a week or two.

thanks!

Sounds like a minor strain. If your going on in a week or two I would be careful, the juice has the tendecy to make you stronger,and with something like a pec issue I would be careful with the weight you throw and chest exercises you do until you know for sure your alright to go balls to the wall.

thanks for the input- yeah, im going to hit shoulders extra hard and wait before i go heavy on chest.ill start with push ups or something and maybe stick to board presses for a while. im loading up on vitamins and may hit some DMSO tomorrow. ice wouldnt help at this point would it- i last did it last night and didnt do anything physical today at all.
that is a pain and a scare i wouldnt wish on anyone.

Been there done that!!! Yeah ice it tonight for about 30mins,and take about 800mgs of ibuprofen it will help even though you havent did anything physical.

Right on man- thanks, ill do that..

you ripped a pec? damn- sorry to hear that- after the scare i had you have my respect.

Sounds like tendon to me not muscle, did it crackle?

if there's no bruising by a week then its tendon, if so go light for 2 months, 20 rep sets not to failure

thanks for the input mr incredible-

no- no crackle..it was just a feeling of ' its gonna go if i dont stop ' then the pain hit me..its the morning of the second day, still no swelling or bruise- which is good. during the day its just sore and i can work it with my fingers and its almost ' just lifted ' sore..i may try some presses with just a bar tonight to see how it feels..db's would go to far down i think..i iced again last night as well and will do so tonight. gonna buy some dmso at the farm store tonight as well and maybe rub an aspirin into it.

i got into the gym tonight and just hopped on all the Hammer strength press units and did 4x20 with each on - chest and shoulders- no pain in any of them. of course, that was no weight. gonna ice again and add in some of the dmso.

thanks for the input- i think with a little ' smarts ' it should be ok now- scary though- im on the liquid advil -dmso combo as i type this- feeling pretty good.

Back