Petroleum Ether Synovex Solution

goiterjoe

After some research and experimentation, I think I have found a viable way to separate testosterone proprionate from estradiol benzoate. Test prop has a much higher solubility in non-polar solvents than estradiol, so I decided to utilize petroleum ether (VM&P naptha, bronsonol lighter fluid) with a slight addition of anhydrous isopropyl alcohol (IPA, available as all-season gas line anti-freeze) at reduced temperature as the solvent of choice.

To extract 4 grams of test prop from 400mg of estradiol benzoate and a small quantity of binders (methylcellulose, titanium dioxide, polyethylene glycol, etc.), the mixture was thoroughly crushed into a fine powder. to this was added 30ml petroleum ether and 5ml IPA, and the mixture was heated gently with hot water until the solid particles had dissolved. this mixture was then chilled on ice for an hour until the estradiol and binders crashed back out of solution. this was filtered through a coffee filter, and the remaining mass was extracted 2 more times using 10ml petroleum ether and 1ml IPA, heating and chilling in the same manner as before. The collected extracts were then placed in a large pyrex dish and the solvent was evaporated off using low heat and circulating air until white crystals formed on the dish. These crystals were then collected and weighed out to 3.9g final product.

I have not performed a boiling point test on this product yet, so I can make no assumptions as to the purity of the final product. However, the final product is freely soluble in vegetable oil, whereas estradiol is only supposed to be sparingly soluble. Hopefully I'll have time to perform a boiling point test on the product in the next couple of days, and I'll let ya'll know as to the numbers it returns.

For the life of me I just couldn't bring myself to ever use a synovex kit. Anything that has estradio present, even in the tiniest amounts, is something that is not for me.
I understand that not everyone has powder sources (not really, but you know), but I just never saw this as a viable option.

Back