PLEASE Help: Liver Damage 2 Weeks Post Cycle

IRonBuilT

Hey Guys -

I'm hoping someone can help me here PLEASE. Every time I end my cycle within 1.5-2 weeks I get serious liver damage to a point where I cannot eat a gram of protein for about a week or 2 (genentic enzyme deficiency). I'm wondering if anyone has experienced liver issues only during post cycle.

to summarize:
1) Ive tried short cycles - long cycles, liver issues happen consistently 1.5-2 weeks post cycle.
2) I've tried lifting light post cycle vs not lifting at all and it has still consistently given me liver issues 1.5-2 weeks post cycle
3) I've tried to reduce my protein significantly while upping BCAA vs just eating the same amount of protein as I usually do. It has made no difference.
4) I've taken a lot of anti oxidants/liver suppliments during and post cycle without success. green tea extract (400mg), NAC (600mg), Himalaya Livercare (900mg)

Could the 20-40mg of Nolvadex post cycle be the culprit?
Can someone please help??

Last edited:
Long story short Ive gone to the hospital several times for this issue and they have narrowed it down to a enzyme deficiency which processes protein in the urea cycle. off cycle and on cycle my liver can process protein fine. 1.5-2 weeks into my PCT something happens in my body where I cant digest protein and liver breaks down. It's as if during that 1.5-2 weeks something is being depleted. Not sure if its nolvadex that's causing it since it hits the liver I believe or if its just because im going off a cycle and my body is reacting to it.

Whats UDCA?

Long story short Ive gone to the hospital several times for this issue and they have narrowed it down to a enzyme deficiency which processes protein in the urea cycle. off cycle and on cycle my liver can process protein fine. 1.5-2 weeks into my post cycle therapy (pct) something happens in my body where I cant digest protein and liver breaks down. It's as if during that 1.5-2 weeks something is being depleted. Not sure if its nolvadex that's causing it since it hits the liver I believe or if its just because im going off a cycle and my body is reacting to it.

Whats UDCA?

our sponsers carry it Ursodiol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Udca is great. Injectibles really have no effect on your liver. Have you ever ran a cycle without nolva? Ever try clomid or torem?

If you are causing real damage, why even mess with gear. How are they measuring damage to the liver? And what does the hospital do for you while there?

Ursodiol increases bile flow {02}. In chronic cholestatic liver disease, ursodiol appears to reduce the detergent properties of the bile salts, thus reducing their cytotoxicity. Also, ursodiol may protect liver cells from the damaging activity of toxic bile acids (e.g., lithocholate, deoxycholate, and chenodeoxycholate), which increase in concentration in patients with chronic liver disease

copy paste

User got you bud just listen up

used to take clomid and that gave me worse side effects. Nolva is what ive always used and tried mixing it with a little aromasin. Never tried Torem nor do I know what that is. and never tried not taking anything which I think would be a bad idea.

The docs cant treat a enzyme difficiency real well so they put me on a 0 protein diet which is extremely catabolic for anyone and they give me medication to help remove the ammonia buildup in my blood from the poor protein digestion. They dont actually treat the liver as it eventually self repairs.

UDCA sounds good, however how much do I take during/post cycle.
I'm not sure if that's going to fix my issue but I can give it a shot.

Last edited:
It sounds to me like enzyme deficiency is being caused by hormone fluctuation in this case. That being the case, NOT messing with your bodies hormones really would be the course of action.

My feeling is it's kind of self inflicted at this point.

This can also happen to me if I stress out my body with any factor of things while im off cycle, so this doesnt just happen with hormone changes.

I'm looking for suggestions on the best liver suppliments out there. Can you guys please help list the strongest and most effective.

thanks.

This can also happen to me if I stress out my body with any factor of things while im off cycle, so this doesnt just happen with hormone changes.

I'm looking for suggestions on the best liver suppliments out there. Can you guys please help list the strongest and most effective.

thanks.

Liv52 / Himalaya Liver Care is probably the most common.

I'm with BBE. If you have a condition like this, you're done with steroids my man. Your health is more important than a few extra pounds of muscle. Do you really want to be that guy with yellow eyes and skin?

If this damages you liver then don't use AAS. No liver supp is going to protect your liver. Stress can cause hormonal imbalances also.

How is AAS benefiting you, post cycle puts you in hospital on a no protien diet I would assume you lose your gains and damage your body. Why go thru that? You would do better in the long run with dedication to training and diet.

Spend your gear money on a nutritionist and trainer.

I have been on a dedicated natural weightlifting and diet regime for 2 years now, however I was hoping that there would be liver meds out there that could help repair my issue.

I just wanted to know what are all the strongest supps out there so i could do some research and see if they would be feasible for my case or not.

Last edited:
Maybe if I slowly tapered off the test so my hormones dont go from sky high to 0?

But I agree with you all if at the end of the day theres nothing that can be done, then I will obviously quit.
I just want to do all the research possible before making that final conclusion.

Last edited:
Back