Poor Man's Carb Mix ?

NBMass

I need some suggestions for a carb mix with my shakes. I usually use GlycoCarb, its about 45g of carbs 1 scoop. Other than that i throw fruit in with it too. What are some other cheap methods of gettin alot of carbs into a shake ?

Honey is really good with chocolate protein and milk, add a spoon or 2
should be plenty of carbs

I wish I had a hard time getting carbs in...lol
I consume lots of brown rice, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes. More then enough carbs in just a serving or two of each. Actually had someone give me a recipe for a sweet potatoe shake. It's good!! Tastes like pumpkin pie.

I wish I had a hard time getting carbs in...lol
I consume lots of brown rice, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes. More then enough carbs in just a serving or two of each. Actually had someone give me a recipe for a sweet potatoe shake. It's good!! Tastes like pumpkin pie.

Do you mind sharing the recipe?

i find places like whole foods and fresh market have rolled oats chaper than say Quaker in the big container. I put .5cup-1cup in every protein shake i make, i enjoy the taste and texture it provides to the shake as well

oats in a pro shake is the best. a cup is a little much though.

a half cup with vanilla powder and a banana is really fucking good.

the grinders work great too. you can also grind brown rice which doesnt taste as good but doesnt bloat me as much.

True Protein lets you customize a carb blend. There waxy maize is around $3.50/lb (which is dirt cheap). You could mix dextrose, waxy maize and maltodextrin from them and you would a very inexpensive ultimate pre and post workout carb blend.

Oatmeal is cheap
Fruit is cheap and provides vitamins and minerals as well.
Waxy maize is cheap

In general, carbs are dirty cheap. It's the protein (meats) that cost $$$

Back