position of bar while squattin

scotimusprime

Setting NEWB Gun to KILL
where do you boys have the bar while you do your squats?

1 on top of your traps at the base of your neck

2 in between your traps and rear delts

ive been squatting with the number 2 position for quite some time but as i get heavier and heavier it is DESTROYING my elbows, like tendons that is. Its a brutal feeling that usually ends my workout for the day and prevents me from working out for a day or 2 after

i tried right on top of my traps but it seems like it hurts alot and i didnt feel like doing my max there as i may have hurt something without a spotter. and i dont use those gay pad things....

just wondering where you boys have the bar. thanks

i use the second position. where do you have your hands on the bar? for me i had no elbow pain with an open grip all the way out to the collars, but with a closed grip and/or hands closer in to my body, my elbows and shoulders would be hurtin for days afterwards.

the rack that i have to work with is super narrow and i am long(6'3") so i basically just go right out to the hooks. And the frams is so thick(hammer strength) that i cant put my hands outside of the rack closer to the collars

thanks for input bro

i can relate to dealing with narrow racks and having a long build. i'm 6'4 and when at school have to lift out of a piece of shit squat rack thats pretty narrow. what i ended up doing was sliding my hands out once i unracked the weight, then when going back into the rack being very careful not to get my fingures pinched

or try some front squats the man way. :D

Seriously scotty, i like to alternate fronts and back squats each week. Its easy on the elbows in your case and a bit on the knees as well.

If you have shitty equipment, this could be a good alternative.

thanks for the input boys

does anybody lift on the top of their traps? i tried it with only 365 and it was pretty uncomfortable

still, does anyone out there do it?

thanks for the input boys

does anybody lift on the top of their traps? i tried it with only 365 and it was pretty uncomfortable

still, does anyone out there do it?

i did for most of my early lifting days. Never really bothered me, but once i was taught the other way, i could never go back to high positioning on the traps.

ya im kind of the same, i really like the lower postion but its hindering my chest and back workouts as my elbows start crying after a few reps. I may just train my traps to suck it up a bit.

ya im kind of the same, i really like the lower postion but its hindering my chest and back workouts as my elbows start crying after a few reps. I may just train my traps to suck it up a bit.

im telling you alternate fronts and back squats every week. it will help giving them a break. or get yourself some elbow sleeves. Itll at least keep them warm. Check out APT they have a few choices. I use the TK bands on my knees.

yup, im listening bro.

gonna alternate front and back squats

back mon, front weds and back fri

see what happens

oh BTW big guy, there is some other RJ dude on youtube stealing your thunder. Mr asthetiscize or some shit.

you better step it up a notch

i hear diesel man and RJ. Did the front squats today and had absolutely no pain at all when doing my incline presses and deadlifts afterwards.

rep +1 for the good guys

i hear diesel man and RJ. Did the front squats today and had absolutely no pain at all when doing my incline presses and deadlifts afterwards.

rep +1 for the good guys

i was just wondering what kind of routine you had going since your doing legs,back and chest in one day.

when i squat it hurts my elbows reaching back and holding the bars as well.

yup, im listening bro.

gonna alternate front and back squats

back mon, front weds and back fri

see what happens

oh BTW big guy, there is some other RJ dude on youtube stealing your thunder. Mr asthetiscize or some shit.

you better step it up a notch

i saw that guy. what a douche. pretty thick kid. Calls himself the natty BBer. I may need to change my name on the vid. lol

btw, did i read this right. you squatting 3 days a week?

i saw that guy. what a douche. pretty thick kid. Calls himself the natty BBer. I may need to change my name on the vid. lol

btw, did i read this right. you squatting 3 days a week?

ya im trying out Bill Starrs 5x5 program

glubgawd recommended it to someone and i thought it looked like something i would like to try.

just do the basic lifts. like

mon -squat, BP, Row

weds- Squat(im doing fronts here), Incline BP, deads

fri- squat, BP, row

the rep weights fluctuate and set counts aswell from day to day. really you just hit 2 really heavy sets per week.

nice. keep me informed of how you like that. I'm always looking for new routines that are strength based.

will do bro. i was doing a similar 5x5 for the last oh, year or so but have sorta haulted progress

ex

BP 5x5

Incline 2x10

Flyes 2x10

Dips 1x15

so basically like this 4 days a week, chest, legs, shoulders, back.

i think this new program will add some numbers to my lifts for sure

I have the bar right where the meat of the back muscles are.I've built up a decent back so far so its sits on this area nicely

Back