possible infection ?

lawnboy

i injected on monday. the pin hole is fine but under it is really swollen and hot could this be an infection..i never injected in my leg before any help is great

If the injection area is very noticably hotter then your other leg and you start to see the skin around the injection site getting red then you may want to go to the Doctor and get some anti-biotics.

I got an infection years ago and waited for about a week until I finally decided to go to the Doctors and have it looked at. The Clinic ended up sending me to Emergency and untimately I had to get hooked up to an I.V. for about 15 hours. Then had to carry around a little portable I.V. bag for another week on top of that. Lesson learned was that if I ever think I might have an infection, I go to the clinic ASAP and tell them that I shot some B12 and I think it might be infected. They will prescribe you some anti-biotics which will get to the problem area quickly if it is in fact an infection. So far to date, this method has saved me two times in the last 2 years from making that same Emergency room trip I did about 7 years ago.

i had the same problem. I couldn't extend my arm for a week. Where did you inject it? I found that after 3 days it got better and better so it wasn't an infection. i would say see a doc like BiggieSwolls said. better safe than sorry

where i pined myself it is fine.. right unerneath it in like a circle it is warm and kinda of swollen guess i gotta go to the doc

Youll know if it is infected. If you think it is infected and it does feel hotter and is red and hard in that area then it probably is. From what it sounds it probably is infected. No problem bro just get some anti biotics and your straight. Goood luck bro.

I keep a supply of antibiotic on hand nowdays just to avoid experiences like Biggie's.......I been to the ER also, and nobody was fooled by my story.
I don't think it's a good idea to openly name research chemical companies on the board, but there is one that sells the powder, reasonable, effective and fast. My email is listed here.

What type of antibiotics will a doctor prescribe for an abcess?

what about tetracycline HCL? that stuff can be bout at any pet store for fish that get infections in their gills.

I keep amoxicillin on hand. You can get it at just about any online vet store for like $8 a bottle. It is just a form of penicillin, so like penicillin don't take it unless you feel you had a bad shot as the body will grow resistant (In otherwords don't take it through the whole cycle like nolva).

depends on the infection. Penicillin or something in that family usually. A lot of the other types cause side effects such as hair growth on the tongue so they try not to use them. There are about a hundred+ prescribed for specific infections, but cillin's are generic and will kill just about any "bad" bacteria.

is amoxicillin good for an abcess caused from injections? it seems like that stuff is prob the easiest and cheapest to get if something ever happened.

Back