Possible Shoulder Injury--What do you guys think?

Does it hurt when u move your arm laterally or hear a crack or grinding noise? ,it also will hurt in the rear delt area and the top of the shoulder area as well with a torn cuff
If u heard a pop most likely suffered a tear and it will worsen man
My buddy played around with his till he was benching and totally blew his cuff ( couldnt get the weight back up) 315 lbs, needed sugery and was out lifting for along time

Last edited:
I had a shoulder tear from baseball, I was out 6 months, the bouncing during walking was so painful, I couldnt do anything with that arm for a good 2 months, had 4 months of rehab that did jack shit

I woild personally take all the guess work out and get some x rays done

X rays dont show everything, none of my tear showed on a scan, I fractured my tailbone and that didnt show up either until I went for a second opinion

a GP is just that, "general", go see a physical therapist or tell your gp you want an evaluation from one

Okay well I live in canada so it might be a dif ballgame, our healthcare is paid for, so what he hell worth the couple hour wait to atleast narrow it down, just cause it didnt show up for u doesnt mean it wont show up for somebody else, I would much rather find out I have a slight tear then to have a full blown cuff that will require surgery
maybe they will even offer a cortisone shot to bring down the swelling as well

Last edited:
Okay well I live in canada so it might be a dif ballgame, our healthcare is paid for, so what he hell worth the couple hour wait to atleast narrow it down, just cause it didnt show up for u doesnt mean it wont show up for somebody else, I would much rather find out I have a slight tear maybe offer a cortisone shot to bring down the swelling

For sure matt, I didnt mean it saying you were wrong, I should have said if nothing shows on the scan and you still have pain it doesnt mean there isnt a tear.

As stated I will get an MRI next week if it isn't marginally better after the weekend. It is def my rear delt. From the origin of the pain and the muscle deformity/swelling. Also it's just seems like awesome broscience that if anything on your delt would be injured doing a rowing movement it would be your REAR delt. Been putting my arm lateral and with my back to a wall and placing my palm on the wall and giving slight pressure. 10 second stretch/10 second rest. Also seems unlikely to get a cuff injury during a pulling movement as opposed to pushing (bench press/shoulder press), and I can bench press pain free. Only thing that hurts is back/rear delt work and anything dead hanging in my arm.

Don't talk to general practitioners about musculoskeletal injuries unless you suspect only a sprain. Get an MRI, see an ortho, preferably one who is board certified in sports medicine. Physical therapists are good once a diagnosis is made, but they can do damage if they go off half cocked with their guess as to what your problem is.

MRI gets read by a radiologist who opines, ortho reads that, confirms or denies with his brand of witchcraft and motor testing and either writes you a script for PT and meds or tells you he has to cut your shit open to fix you. The GP is just an extra, inaccurate step in all that, and the PT is a provider, not a one stop solution.

Back