Possible Shoulder Injury--What do you guys think?

ChaseTheYoke

Half Man, Half Amazing
So I have a thread up about this PIP I've been getting. Basically first pin was 500mg test in my right glute, I fucked up and did 2cc test instead of 1cc Deca/1cc Test. Got some insane PIP that still isn't completely gone and today was day 7. Next pin was 1cc deca in LEFT glute (very slight soreness for a day, virtually PIPless) and 1cc test in my (virgin) left Delt. Got some serious PIP for the last 3 days, though not as severe as the glute, but I expected it as it's a virgin muscle. Both test injections swelled and produced redness a few inches off of the injection site (right hip and top of tricep). My shoulder was feeling a lot better today so I went to gym with my bro for some chest/back. First thing we did was close-grip barbell rows (like t-bar but palms facing inward like seated row machine). We have always been really close in strength so we usually try to match each other. Of course he slaps 4 plates on there after warmup set. I pick it up and immediately feel the strain and slight pain on my delt. "Nah fuck it, I'm not gonna look like a pussy" About my 6th rep on the negative I feel a "POP" and get some pain in my delt. From there anything dead hanging in my hands pretty much hurt but it's not like excruciating, but def hurts. Was able to do chest fine though. There is a slight knot there now and it hurts to lift my arm laterally, but I can do it and the pain is like a 4/10. If I rolled my elbow out like a wide-gripped upright row it hurts like a bitch, but I can still move it. My main concern was the "POP" I felt. Anyone ever experience anything like this? I doubt it's a ligament or anything... figured that was be VERY painful, even at rest.

On another note I think I'm going to pin test in my left glute (where I did Deca friday) and see if I get PIP... don't really wanna do my right delt because it's virgin and I've already missed shoulders. So tired of this PIP, but at least I'll know it's the test if I get it this time.

lol..

suck it up.

it hurts sometimes. a 2cc shot of test e can be painful.... virgin muscle hurts 99% of the time. and you may have pip for a few shots in the same place.

IMO unless it's real Watson or phizer test c there is no such thing as "painless" close to it maybe but not like rx stuff.

lol..

suck it up.

it hurts sometimes. a 2cc shot of test e can be painful.... virgin muscle hurts 99% of the time. and you may have pip for a few shots in the same place.

IMO unless it's real Watson or phizer test c there is no such thing as "painless" close to it maybe but not like rx stuff.

Yeah like I said I expectes the shoulder and even the glute to an extent. I've had bas glute pip where I limped for 4 days but the swelling/redness/pain of my first pin this cycle was uncomparable. The pain was present 24/7 with advil and heating pad. Maybe I'm being a puss but it's been a week and I still got a red football circumference swelling on my hip.

Why not do weight your comfortable with, why I pump iron by myself, fuck that no need to get an injury over thinking u are going to look like a pussy, weight doesnt matter, just an ego thing anyways, as long as u tear that fn muscle and get a great pump fuck it thats all that matters, how usually injuries start wjen people cant handle that amount of weight and they go in there knowing they cant pump that and pop there ya go out for sometime over stupidy and ego trip

As far as the pain from injecting, suck it up bro, for the guy that always post smuck on my threads amd cant handle alittle bit of pain ( pip) lol
What u say in my threads your bs talk obviously came around and bit u in the ass bro

Last edited:
I actually agree with Matt. Ego has no place in the gym, especially when going heavy. Can you get inspired to go higher than you are used to and successfully get it? Yes, but that's for max effort days when you ramp up, not spur of the moment "LET'S DO THIS" shit. I got back to benching 400+ by myself in my garage gym, taking it slow and steady, no spot whatsoever and only pinned myself once (on the safety ledge, so easy to get out and it was only a high volume set of 255).

You are probably just feeling that PIP effect; I once pinned 100mg winny in my left vastus medialus (quad muscle on the inside of your leg above the knee) a day before flying out to Arizona to hike a bunch of peaks because I'm an idiot. Terrible, crippling PIP the entire week walking around like an old man. Live and learn.

Go heavy when your body is ready for it, not when your lifting partner is. I had a bud in undergrad who could never match my strength because he pushed himself to failure every set chasing me. He overtrained and got frustrated as shit because not only could he not beat me, he couldn't progress.

Fuck ego.

If it felt as a tear, then most likely it is a tear. I would lay low on the shoulders or any other exercise that makes it hurt for few days and see how it feels.....

Yeah obviously I'm aware that my ego fucked me up or I wouldn't have worded it in such an obvious way for the trolls to come in. Dumb move. Matt eat a bag'o dicks :angel2:

Thanks transporter

I actually agree with Matt. Ego has no place in the gym, especially when going heavy. Can you get inspired to go higher than you are used to and successfully get it? Yes, but that's for max effort days when you ramp up, not spur of the moment "LET'S DO THIS" shit. I got back to benching 400+ by myself in my garage gym, taking it slow and steady, no spot whatsoever and only pinned myself once (on the safety ledge, so easy to get out and it was only a high volume set of 255).

You are probably just feeling that PIP effect; I once pinned 100mg winny in my left vastus medialus (quad muscle on the inside of your leg above the knee) a day before flying out to Arizona to hike a bunch of peaks because I'm an idiot. Terrible, crippling PIP the entire week walking around like an old man. Live and learn.

Go heavy when your body is ready for it, not when your lifting partner is. I had a bud in undergrad who could never match my strength because he pushed himself to failure every set chasing me. He overtrained and got frustrated as shit because not only could he not beat me, he couldn't progress.

Fuck ego.

It wasn't the weight, it was the shoulder with the PIP that felt sketchy. Nonetheless I should have dropped it =[

I find that hitting a muscle shakes out some of that PIP, not the reverse as you experienced so keep an eye on it. At the same time, humping the rocks in Arizona did not a damn thing for the PIP in my idiotically placed winstrol pin.

So I've been reading up and I think I may have a slight tear on my side delt. Only an MRI would really be able to tell and if I don't get any "better" in the next couple of days I'll be moving towards that route. Has anyone every had a tear? What was recovery time like? Were you able to maintain an erection? All that jazz...

No problem bud...I did tear my rear deltoid and it's not fun but was up again and running within a month. Make sure you let it rest and work around it. Also take some anti inflammatory as well. Good luck.

No problem bud...I did tear my rear deltoid and it's not fun but was up again and running within a month. Make sure you let it rest and work around it. Also take some anti inflammatory as well. Good luck.

Omg I could kiss you bro.

So you were back working shoulders within a month ot back working out period?

Yup....I did everything else for a month that did not bother my shoulders but did not do any shoulders whatsoever. Then a month later went back and did very light shoulders for the first time and skipped rear delts. Second time around went a bit heavier and so on. Also took about 1800mg through out a day of ibuprofen.

Bro, not only are your shoulder routines effected but pretty much every upper body routine is gonna effect your tear in your shoulder
U are tought as a kid atleast I was if it doesnt feel right dont do it, same theory should apply with weights
I am sure if u felt a pop it wouldnt be the rear delt, probs your rotator cuff
If its a cuff issue good luck trying to lift, just gonna cause more harm then good before u totally blow your cuf, I have seen it happen, not a pretty sight

Last edited:
Back