Possible to only grow legs on a low dose tren w/tren

Dirkmcgirk

If I only train legs and train upper body every other week can i grow legs and avoid any upperbody growth? I know it sounds crazy, but at 240lbs i really don't want to get any bigger and given that I box a bigger upperbody would only hinder my performance. Im merely looking to get my legs a little bigger for aesthetic purposes. Would my proposed approach work?

EDIT: LOW DOSE TREN w/TRT

Last edited:
set up a hypertrophy phased routine for just legs . High frequency, high volume, moderate intensity. Focus 90% of your load on this. Your MRV (maximum recoverable volume) will max out with the leg training, there won't be much left over for upper body growth*.

*heres an example. do a grueling session of 10 sets of 10 reps for heavy squats, then hit leg extension for 6 sets of 20, then hit leg press for 6 sets of 15. when your done doing all that , try to bench press. i guarantee you that if your normally bench press 245 for 6 reps and 8 sets. that theres no way you can do that now . your MRV has been maxed out focusing on legs, your CNS is to shot to really do much for your upper body now.

with the right training split you can hit legs 4 days per week. all your volume and intensity should be focus on legs. when you do go to train your upper body , do it the day after a heavy leg day and don't lift for hypertrophy , that means low volume and low resistance. your just maintaining and promoting blood flow, not growth.

set up a hypertrophy phased routine for just legs . High frequency, high volume, moderate intensity. Focus 90% of your load on this. Your MRV (maximum recoverable volume) will max out with the leg training, there won't be much left over for upper body growth*.

*heres an example. do a grueling session of 10 sets of 10 reps for heavy squats, then hit leg extension for 6 sets of 20, then hit leg press for 6 sets of 15. when your done doing all that , try to bench press. i guarantee you that if your normally bench press 245 for 6 reps and 8 sets. that theres no way you can do that now . your MRV has been maxed out focusing on legs, your CNS is to shot to really do much for your upper body now.

with the right training split you can hit legs 4 days per week. all your volume and intensity should be focus on legs. when you do go to train your upper body , do it the day after a heavy leg day and don't lift for hypertrophy , that means low volume and low resistance. your just maintaining and promoting blood flow, not growth.

Damnit Roush you did it again. Thanks brother

Good post!

I've actually noticed this before indirectly when trying to hit some back real quick after a heavy leg session, I was just trying to squeeze in my second back day of the week and was pressed for time all week so threw it in after legs. Lets just say all my usual lifts for back were complete moot and I had no intensity left.

Last edited:
get your diet right, train, and your legs will grow.. even without trt/tren

Back