Post test question

lifthard16

Just wondering, after a hypothetical 12 week test only cycle, wouldn't anavar (say 10-12 more) weeks guarantee you keep all the gains? It is for muscle wasting (aids).

Nothing with guarantee you keep all the gains, especially in the case of an existing wasting disease.

In the case of a wasting disease, doses above testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) are merited as the benefits of androgen therapy outweigh the negatives.

However, you are really best, in that case, to use a dose such as 250mg/week but not cycle it.

Just my opinion, but I think this is the way swale (a physician) _probably_ treats his wasting disease patients. But you'd have to see him to be sure, I suppose.

post test

You misunderstood, nobody has a wasting diesease, just making the statement that anavar is used for that. So, will anavar help to keep gains...?

Anavar is simply FDA indicated to treat wasting diseases nowdays under the name Oxandrolone. Years ago, it was FDA indicated for something else. Testosterone is superior to treating a wasting disease.

Anyway, I don't see the Anavar as making a huge difference, here.

lifthard16 said:
Then why is it sometimes used in a "bridge" from cycle to cycle if it does not keep gains?

I'm sure anavar would help you keep all your gains, but that isn't a bridge - it's simply an extended cycle. Your HPTA WILL be shut down, and you will not be recovering. There is no way around it man, you have to come off to be "off". Bridges do not really exist IMO, and are mediocre in the best of situations.

I agree with outlaw. A bridge is really just an extension of a cycle. I do not feel a 'bridge' has a place in the arsenal of a recreational bodybuilder. If you're competitive then that changes the whole scope of things, and you do what you gotta do to make it to the top.

Back