Powder displacements

insaned

dungeon keeper
Have anyone got any good powder displacement info for all/most of the powders? It will have tiny difference in most of solutions, but it's always a difference!

I've read too many different opinions... some saying like bold has got 1ml per 1g, others that as 0.85ml!

I just didn't want to melt 1g of the powders to check this..

the key is to measure the powder, oil and solvents in a beaker, so that you have the exact volume/concentration you desire

ld50 said:
the key is to measure the powder, oil and solvents in a beaker, so that you have the exact volume/concentration you desire

Aren't beakers notoriously off in their measurements. I always rely on my syringe. Make everything in 20mL vials.

what if you gonna brew up 200ml? or 500ml? or 1 liter?

if you like you can check your beaker when you get it with a syringe and water to make sure.

pullinbig said:
what if you gonna brew up 200ml? or 500ml? or 1 liter?

if you like you can check your beaker when you get it with a syringe and water to make sure.

That quantity never occured to me. I'm still working my way up to the 10g/wk cycles. Give me time, damnit.

bleachcola said:
Aren't beakers notoriously off in their measurements. I always rely on my syringe. Make everything in 20mL vials.
you are correct. i like to measure out with water as PB said, then mark the beaker if there is a discrepancy. i should have mentioned that.

My beaker is unfortunately WAY WAY off, so I can't even rely on it. I measure everything in a syringe.

I have a 50ml marking on my beaker in perm marker though now, which helps.

Yep, beakers are soooooo off most the time. Take mudges advice and make your own markings on your beakers if you use them frequently.

Back