Powerlifting Meet Prep

308power

For anyone that was following my powerlifting meet prep- Last night i took a tumble with around 900lbs. Fell forward. Knee caved in, twisted both ankes, the bar hit me in the lower back on the way down, and hit my head on the monolift resulting in a loss of consciousness.

Ive got two weeks left. Still planning to go for broke. Do any of our sources carry pain medication? Haha

Concussion, grade 3 sprain left ankle, grade 1 sprain right ankle, knees are good to go thanks to wraps, back is bruised up. Just going to pick up some ankle braces from the pharmacy. Have to bench tomorrow. Deadlifts on friday. Have too much invested to drop out of meet. Hopefully nothing else messes up. Could have been alot worse. Probably could have died if the bar would have rolled to my head instead of behind me.

Concussion, grade 3 sprain left ankle, grade 1 sprain right ankle, knees are good to go thanks to wraps, back is bruised up. Just going to pick up some ankle braces from the pharmacy. Have to bench tomorrow. Deadlifts on friday. Have too much invested to drop out of meet. Hopefully nothing else messes up. Could have been alot worse. Probably could have died if the bar would have rolled to my head instead of behind me.

Damn. That really sucks, but thankfully as you stated it could have been much, much worse. 900lbs is no joke, you must be one hell of a monster! Good luck on the meet!

I'm glad to hear your kinda ok. I hate those ankle braces at the store. They are expensive and don't really get tight. I prefer wrapping my ankles because its cheap and a much tighter support. Just an idea man so good luck.

Damn bro thats some intense shit. I wish you the best though, goodluck with all and kill that shit at that meet.

I'm glad to hear your kinda ok. I hate those ankle braces at the store. They are expensive and don't really get tight. I prefer wrapping my ankles because its cheap and a much tighter support. Just an idea man so good luck.

It's hard to imagine what to do for ankles under that kind of weight. That could be a tape-man's greatest challenge.

Haha i usually dont wear anything for them. Just some canvas chuck taylors. Ive been compressing them with a voodoo floss band to get the swelling down. Im supposed to be on crutches - mabye i'm arrogant, stupid, or a little crazy, but i''m a man and i walk on my own two feet.

It's not like i'm not rehearsed in the medical field. Crutches are to reduce pain. Ice, compression, elevation, and nandrolone acetate. :)

I will assume you lift in gear. Multiply?

Mcdavid makes some amazing ankle support that tie up just like chucks and will fit inside them perfectly.. I would use those.. but your ankle mobility is now going to be absolute shit.
you might want to THINK about healed lifting shoes.. although 3 weeks out idk? I used my BAFs when I had a high ankle sprain and had to tape it up. I also squat in chucks. If you are two weeks out.. I would not bother deadlifting at all

it will put un-needed stress on your ankles and back. I would do light assistance work .. Hopefully you've geared your program up enough so that you are not peaking a weak early. two weeks out I ususally do one final heavy day.. then work openers.. then the week prior I don't lift at all bar stretching and light light *no more than 315lbs* work all the big 3. But I am also a raw lifter with no knee wraps.

either way.. best of luck to you man!

For anyone that was following my powerlifting meet prep- Last night i took a tumble with around 900lbs. Fell forward. Knee caved in, twisted both ankes, the bar hit me in the lower back on the way down, and hit my head on the monolift resulting in a loss of consciousness.

Ive got two weeks left. Still planning to go for broke. Do any of our sources carry pain medication? Haha

imo pick another meet later on and let this heal up. be honest with yourself and drop the pride , we both know that you need to be 100% with these kind of weights to do well and its just gonna piss you off when you don't lift well due to injury or WORSE your gonna get hurt worse .

SLOW and STEADY wins the race

Yeah i'm a multiply guy. Next week is last heavy week. Three weeks out total. 2 more weeks of lifting. If i did not have as much invested i would drop the meet. Ive already paid entry fees, hotel, plane tickets and a good bit of money riding on this. Slow and steady does win the race, but it doesnt break all time world records based on age. If i do get hurt worse, shit happens. Im going to take care of myself the best that I can the next few weeks and see how it goes. I wont know exactly what i can and cant do until i get back under the bar next week. Thanks for the advice guys.

Haha i usually dont wear anything for them. Just some canvas chuck taylors. Ive been compressing them with a voodoo floss band to get the swelling down. Im supposed to be on crutches - mabye i'm arrogant, stupid, or a little crazy, but i''m a man and i walk on my own two feet.

It's not like i'm not rehearsed in the medical field. Crutches are to reduce pain. Ice, compression, elevation, and nandrolone acetate. :)

That line reminded me of this video: Powerlifting: The Mentality - YouTube

Warning: That video is best seen right before gym-time.

Back off the heavy deads. If you have a bruise on your back its probably best to just do some moderate pulling..

Benching is all about the groove of your gear so if you can still hit that grove and use leg drive w/no issue I do not see a reason to not go all out.

I would play it safe.. 3 weeks out? you can DEFINITELY get some healing in before then.

Squatted 885 today. Ankle mobility is definitely lacking but was still able to hit depth. Went into training not knowing what to expect but everything is a lot better than i expected. With toes turned out about 45 degrees there is very little forward knee travel its not as much of a problem as it would be if i was doing an olympic type squat.

Reactions: R9

This is what you call fucking dedication and I LOOVEEE it!!!
And people bitch about their first pins.. Fucking suck it up

Anyways, god luck with the meet and I hope everything works out and you crush at your meet!

Back off the heavy deads. If you have a bruise on your back its probably best to just do some moderate pulling..

Benching is all about the groove of your gear so if you can still hit that grove and use leg drive w/no issue I do not see a reason to not go all out.

I would play it safe.. 3 weeks out? you can DEFINITELY get some healing in before then.

This is why you're still a rookie... I don't think you realize what power has invested in...

Well guys, ended up having an awful day. Tore my a.c.l coming out of the hole, then my meniscus when my knee caved in and twisted. Threw up everywhere and went into shock. Was taken away in ambulance with a blood pressure of 62/30. Can p.m you guys a video link if you're interested. Don't want everyone knowing who I am.

Well guys, ended up having an awful day. Tore my a.c.l coming out of the hole, then my meniscus when my knee caved in and twisted. Threw up everywhere and went into shock. Was taken away in ambulance with a blood pressure of 62/30. Can p.m you guys a video link if you're interested. Don't want everyone knowing who I am.
Holy crap man, I'm very sorry to hear that. As a guy that's had three knee surgeries I know you're in for a lot of work in the upcoming months. It's very frustrating, but do yourself a HUGE favor and don't get depressed and neglect your physical therapy. I did and had crap mobility for a good two years before I decided I wanted to get back to living. Again, I really feel for you man. That sucks so much. :(

Back