Pre Max a True Pre-Workout with superior ingredients

ryansm

Primordial Performance
Pre Max is not over priced filler with caffeine that costs 50 bucks. It's not a BS product, Pre Max is a TRUE PRE WORKOUT product with superior ingredients that do not CONTRADICT eachother! No stimulants to promote vaso-constriction and no INFERIOR Arginine which has been proven ineffective for NO release. We use all TM ingredients such as ; Pepto Pro, GPLC (the true No releaser) and minerals to replenish depleted muscles.
Use code PP15% for 15 percent off

premax1.jpg

What is PreMax?

PreMax is a pre-workout performance beverage proven to enhance recovery and athletic performance. Every ingredient is supported by actual human science for safety and effectiveness.

PreMax contains no caffeine or stimulants and is 100% NCAA approved. It can be used by bodybuilders prior to weight lifting, or endurance or strength athletes prior to competition.

PreMax contains all four essential groups of active ingredients including amino acids, glucose, anti-oxidants and electrolytes.

What are the ingredients in PreMax and how do they work?

Amino Acids – Including a good source of amino acids was a no brainer because they are the building blocks of muscle.

But we didn’t just add some cheap form of whey protein as an amino acid source. We included pure hydrolyzed casein known as PeptoPro – in which the amino acids are bound together in peptide from.

The peptide form is the key to the superiority of PeptoPro, simply because peptides are the best absorbing form of amino acids known to man. (1) Just check out the graph below.

The di and tri-peptides from PeptroPro absorb up to 3x better than free form amino acids or longer chain proteins -

premax2.jpg

You see, amino acids can exist as single amino acids, long chain proteins or as short chain peptides of 2 or 3 amino acids. When amino acids exist in short peptide form, they are water soluble. In fact, mixing PeptoPro in water will result in a completely clear solution. On the other hand, if you mix whey or soy protein in water, you get a cloudy solution because these full protein chains are not 100% water soluble.

The water solubility of peptides allows them to pass through the aqueous barrier of the intestinal walls and penetrate the brush border in order to be absorbed into the blood stream.

As you can see, the full proteins must be broken down into smaller peptides before they can pass through the intestinal walls -

premax3.jpg

Now that we’ve established that PeptoPro is the fastest and most fully absorbing protein on the market, let me explain why taking PeptoPro before exercise is so important.

Taking PeptoPro before exercise causes a rapid increase in amino acid levels in the blood.(2) A recent study showed that maintaining high levels of amino acids during exercise (by consuming PeptoPro immediately 30-60 minutes beforehand) reverses muscular protein breakdown and starts to stimulate muscle protein synthesis during exercise. (4)

Yes, I said it. You can actually start building muscle during your workouts.

Plus, when amino acid levels are elevated during exercise, it actually initiates the muscle building process and increases the muscle building potential after exercise. (3)

In addition to maximizing muscle growth after exercise, supplementation with peptide based protein has been shown to promote recovery of muscle force better than regular whey or casein protein does –

premax4.jpg

PeptoPro is hands down, the best pre-exercise source of amino acids. Again, to clarify, we included only pure PeptoPro in PreMax.

No soy.

No whey protein.

No free amino acids that have poor absorption and taste like bitter aspirin.

However, we did include another amino acid in PreMax to enhance performance even more.

This amino acid is called Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine (GPLC) patented by Sigma-tau and coined GlycoCarn.

Anybody that has bought supplements in the past few years has heard about nitric oxide (NO) and its effect on increasing blood flow to skeletal muscle and the heart, leading to greater oxygen and nutrient delivery both during and after exercise – aiding in both performance and recovery.

You have also probably heard that L-arginine and arginine based amino acids such as arginine alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG) and arginine esters being pushed by supplement companies as being the holy grail at increasing NO production.

However, This is a lie.

The truth is, research clearly shows that oral supplementation of arginine based amino acids do not increase circulating NO levels or enhance blood flow, even at doses as high as 20g/day. (5-7) The only time arginine has ever shown a positive effect on blood flow is by large dosages given via intravenous injection. (5)

While arginine may be the primary precursor to NO biosynthesis, it has not been found to be the rate limiting component of NO production. Rather, nitric oxide synthases such as endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS) appears to be the primary rate limiting factor. (8)

This is where Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine (GlycoCarn) comes to save the day. GlycoCarn has been shown to increase the endothelial nitric oxide synthase and nitric oxide (NO) levels in human muscle. (9) GlycoCarn has also been proven in human clincal trials to increase nitric oxide (NO) levels from exercise stimulation -

premax5.jpg

(Notice that the 4.5 gram dose used in the study is the same dose included in each serving of PreMax)​

In fact, GlycoCarn is the ONLY ingredient that has been proven to raise NO levels and provide a performance boost in humans after oral supplementation.

Just take a look at the boost in sprinting performance from GlycoCarn supplementation -

premax6.jpg

(Notice that the 4.5 gram dose used in the study is the same dose included in each serving of PreMax)​

Athletes from this study who supplemented with 4.5 gram of GlycoCarn also achieved lower levels of lactic acid buildup compared to placebo (despite producing more power than the placebo group) -

premax7.jpg

WARNING: Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine (GPLC, aka GlycoCarn) is a very expensive compound that is typically included in “nitric oxide boosting supplements” at undeclared amounts. Unless 4.5 grams is clearly listed on the Supplement Facts box, then you are getting ripped off. Any dose less than 4.5 grams has not been proven to increase nitric oxide (NO) or provide ergonomic benefit!

PreMax includes the full clinically effective dose of GlycoCarn at 4.5 grams per serving. Don’t settle for anything less!
***8195;

Glucose - When we began looking for a glucose source, we ran into a snag.

We wanted to include a glucose source for energy and to stimulate insulin release to help shuttle nutrients into the muscle cells.

But how could we get all of the benefits of glucose, without all of the extra calories and side-effects of excessive sugar consumption?

We knew we couldn’t use sucrose, fructose, dextrin, maltodexterin or waxy maize. All of these sources of glucose can eventually make you fat and insulin resistant (not to mention the fact that they are processed and stripped of any nutritional value). (10)

We needed something magical, something never used before in the supplement industry. So, we turned to Mother Nature and found pure organic pomegranate.

Why pomegranate? Isn’t it the same as any other sugary fruit juice?

No sir, not even close.

You see, pomegranate contains special secret sugars.

Seriously though, it’s true… scientists have yet to discover the "complex sugars" in pomegranate juice that explain its unique ability to decrease arterial plaque. (11) (more on that later)

Besides the yet-to-be-identified sugar fractions, we do know 3 unique things about pomegranate that separate it from any other fruit juice –

• Pomegranate increases insulin sensitivity and drives nutrients into muscle cells. (13-15)
• Pomegranate contains potent anti-oxidants that remove plaque from artery walls. (11, 16, 17)
• Pomegranate contains punicalagins which enhance nitric oxide (NO) production. (18)
Once we discovered the benefits of pomegranate, we basically had no choice but to use it as our glucose source. We knew it was the #1 choice for glucose replenishment, nutrient delivery and anti-oxidant value.

Anti-Oxidants - We included anti-oxidants to enhance recovery, power and athletic performance.

Wait… you didn’t know anti-oxidants could do this? That’s fine, most people don’t.

Anti-oxidants are easily the most overlooked and underestimated substance on the supplement list. Most pre-workout formulas contain little to no anti-oxidants, but we’ve fortified PreMax with 3 super anti-oxidants -

Organic Pomegranate (source of punicalagins, anthocyanins, and gallic acid)
GSE Grape seed extract (standardized to 95% oligomeric proanthocyanidins)
Tomato extract (standardized to 10% lycopene)

So what exactly is an anti-oxidant?

An anti-oxidant is a substance that inhibits pro-oxidants.

Pro-oxidants are nasty substances that damage cellular tissue, including DNA.

Essentially, anti-oxidants are compounds that sacrifice themselves to absorb the reactive and destructive pro-oxidant compounds, disabling them before they are given a chance to damage the body. If the body has insufficient anti-oxidant levels to quell the pro-oxidants, they are left to freely damage muscle and cardiovascular tissue. This can lead to reduced muscular power and quicker fatigue. (19, 20)

Recently, a placebo controlled study with male athletes showed that 400mg/day of grape seed extract significantly reduced creatine phosphokinase (CPK) and red blood cell destruction from exercise. This resulted in a 24% increase in jumping performance and a 6.4% increase in explosive power after 30 days of supplementation. (20)

Each serving of PreMax contains a 400mg of grape seed extract standardized for oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPC).

Other research has shown the anti-oxidant lycopene (from tomato extract) may protect against exercise induced asthma. (21)

And of course, PreMax includes a potent dose of freeze-dried organic pomegranate with impressive anti-oxidant ability (explained above).

Electrolytes - Muscle tissue and neurons are considered electric tissues, and the electrical currents are governed by electrolytes.

If electrolytes levels are low, such as calcium (Ca2+), sodium (Na+), or potassium (K+) then muscle contractions will be weak and performance will suffer. On the other hand, if opposing electrolytes such as magnesium (Mg2+) are too low then severe muscle cramps may occur. (22-26) Neither of these are good for performance!

Therefore, it’s critical to supplement with the proper ratio of the essential electrolytes. PreMax includes the perfect balance of all 8 essential electrolytes –

Calcium (Ca2+)

Magnesium (Mg2+)

Chloride (Cl-)

Sodium (Na+)

Potassium (K+)

Sulfate (SO42-)

Bicarbonate (HCO3-)

Phosphate (PO42-)

PreMax completely beats out other "sports drinks" like Gatorade which only contain 3 electrolytes, which may lead to an imbalance or insufficient levels of other electrolytes. (22-26)

PreMax is truly the professional’s choice.

How does PreMax taste?

Compared to the bitter, chalky taste of most pre-workout drinks PreMax tastes great!

In fact, PreMax tastes so good, people find themselves wanting to drink it all day long. (really, our taste testers were like, "hey, this stuff is delicious! Can I drink this stuff all day long?")

Will PreMax give me diarrhea or make me bloated?

Absolutely not!

PreMax is guaranteed NOT to cause bloating, diarrhea, or nausea.

Can PreMax be taken with other products?

Yes, other products can be mixed with PreMax such as Creatine, Beta-Alanine, IBCAA’s and EndoAmp to create the ultimate pre-workout cocktail.***8195;

References -

1. The number of glycine residues which limits intact absorption of glycine oligopeptides in human jejunum. Adibi SA et al. J Clin Invest. 1977 Nov;60(5):1008-16

2. Amino acids from Peptopro are absorbed faster than from whey or casein. Awati et al. In press.

3. Timing of amino acid-carbohydrate ingestion alters anabolic response of muscle to resistance exercise. Tipton et al. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281: E197-E206, 2001.

4. Protein coingestion stimulates muscle protein synthesis during resistance-type exercise. Milou Beelen, et al. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 295: E70-E77, 2008

5. Effects of in vivo and in vitro L-arginine supplementation on healthy human vessels. Chin-Dusting JP, et al J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 1996 Jul;28(1):158-66.

6. Oral L-arginine inhibits platelet aggregation but does not enhance endothelium-dependent dilation in healthy young men. Adams MR et al. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1995 Oct;26(4):1054-61.

7. L-arginine ingestion after rest and exercise: effects on glucose disposal. Robinson TM et al Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2003 Aug;35(8):1309-15.

8. Insulin and the arginine paradox. Kurz S et al. J Clin Invest. 1997 Feb 1;99(3):369-70.

9. l-carnitine and its propionate: improvement of endothelial function in SHR through superoxide dismutase-dependent mechanisms. Sotomayor et al. Free Radic Res. 2007 Aug;41(8):884-91.

10. Associations of dietary sugar and glycemic index with adiposity and insulin dynamics in overweight Latino youth. Jaimie N Davis, et al. Am. J. Clinical Nutrition, Nov 2007; 86: 1331 – 1338

11. Pomegranate juice sugar fraction reduces macrophage oxidative state, whereas white grape juice sugar fraction increases it. Orit et al. Atherosclerosis 188 (2006) 68-76

12. Antioxidant activity, polyphenol content, and related compounds in different fruit juices and homogenates prepared from 29 different pomegranate accessions. Revital et al. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2007, 55, 9559-9570

13. Anti-diabetic action of Punica granatum flower extract: activation of PPAR-gamma and identification of an active component. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2005 Sep 1;207(2):160-9. Huang TH, et al.

14. Anti-oxidative effects of pomegranate juice (PJ) consumption by diabetic patients on serum and on macrophages. Mira et al. Atherosclerosis 187 (2006) 386-371

15. Antidiabetic effect of Punica granatum flowers: Effect on hyperlipidemia, pancreatic cells lipid peroxidation and antioxidant enzymes in experimental diabetes. Priyanka et al. Food and Chemical Toxicology 47 (2009) 50-54

16. Pomegranate juice consumption for 3 years by patients with carotid artery stenosis reduces common carotid intima-media thickness, blood pressure and LDL oxidation. Aviram M et al. Clin Nutr. 2004 Jun;23(3):423-33.

17. Pomegranate juice consumption reduces oxidative stress, atherogenic modifications to LDL, and platelet aggregation: studies in humans and in atherosclerotic apolipoprotein E-deficient mice. Aviram M et al. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000 May;71(5):1062-76.

18. Tannin 1-alpha-O-galloylpunicalagin induces the calcium-dependent activation of endothelial nitric-oxide synthase via the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway in endothelial cells. Chen LG et al. Mol Nutr Food Res. 2008 Oct;52(10):1162-71.

19. Nitric oxide, reactive oxygen species, and skeletal muscle contraction. Reid MB, et al. Sci Sports Exerc. 33(3): 371-376, 2001

20. Grape Extract Improves Antioxidant status and physical performance in elite male athletes. Sophie Lafay, et al Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2009)

21. Reduction of exercise-induced asthma oxidative stress by lycopene, a natural antioxidant. Neuman I et al. Allergy. 2000 Dec;55(12):1184-9.

22. Acid-base and electrolyte balance after exhausting exercise in endurance-trained and sprint-trained subjects. JON INGULF et al. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica 1985 Sep;125(1):97-109.

23. Post-exercise rehydration in man: effects of electrolyte addition to ingested fluids. R. J. Maughan, et al. European Journal of Applied Physiology and Occupational Physiology Volume 69, Number 3 / May, 1994 P. 209-215

24. Electrolytes in slow and fast muscle fibers of humans at rest and with dynamic exercise. G. Sjogaard et al. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physio. 245: R25-R31, 1983

25. Changes in total plasma content of electrolytes and proteins with maximal exercise. Van Beaumont et al. J Appl Physiol. 1973; 34: 102-106

26. The Effect of Exercise on Muscle Glycogen and Electrolytes in Normals. J. Bergström et al Scandinavian Journal of Clinical & Laboratory Investigation. 1966, Vol. 18, No. 1, Pages 16-20

27. PeptoPro is very well tolerated by professional athletes. J Broja A et al. German Olympic Support Centre, Dept 45131 Essen Germany[/QUOTE]

Pre-Max is great stuff. Its a true performance driven pre-workout powder so your workouts don't suck. For those that like to add creatine and caffeine you can do so separately, which in truth is a good thing since creatine and caffeine need to taken away from each other for each substance to have maximal effect.

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

it was cool, altho for my $$$ map+gplc+beta alanine gets the job done too

i think premax is one of those 'luxury' products, where as if you can get it/buy it, fkn great, better than all the 1,3 dimeth shit....buuuuut at $5 a sv its priced out of alot of people's budgets

pp gplc tho is an amazing deal, considering jarrows is fkn 500mg and pp's is 4.5g!

How would you guys describe the flavor of Pre-Max? It reminds me of a V8 but a little fruitier than standard V8. Definitely gets me running on all 8 cylinders when it's time to SFW.

I really like the addition of Glycocarn ( GPLC ) at 4.5g per serving.

It is nice, but honestly I think if you are using any type of GPLC product you should be stacking it with ArginoCarn...the two together make workouts F*cking Rock!!!

Cheers!

-Sean-

Primordial Performance

man i want this stuff. please start shipping to canada this product :)
well soon the laws may chang on this specific compound (l-carnitine) so hopfully soon i can.

pm me, i found a place or two that will.....us canadians need to be resourceful

its insane some of the stuff they wont let in

Are samples available for purchase?

No, we do not do samples of Pre Max. If you're lucky enough to have a rep send you some Pre Max, then that would be your "sample".

pm me, i found a place or two that will.....us canadians need to be resourceful

its insane some of the stuff they wont let in

I know - you're worse than Aussie and New Zealand (and they're starting to get ridiculous, especially Australia with the new TGA laws).

~Rosie~

No, we do not do samples of Pre Max. If you're lucky enough to have a rep send you some Pre Max, then that would be your "sample".

I know - you're worse than Aussie and New Zealand (and they're starting to get ridiculous, especially Australia with the new TGA laws).

~Rosie~

some sites, like primordial, adhere to the 'list' customs provides with regards to what is and isnt allowed...bb.com is another, example rpm or even animal pak isnt allowed

however there is a number of smaller retail sites that will send things like gplc, of course at the customers 'risk'

in my experience,certain shipping methods are more advantageous than others, thus all but eliminating the 'risk'

iv never had anything taken...i had an order even stopped by fedex, contained gplc, and when it arrived it was still in the box

they are strict, but in their attempt to eliminate phs/aas entering the country, which im ok with, they've gone overboard

imo, 1,3 dimeth should be banned in canada before any form of canitine

i cant supplement with alcar, but i can buy a pack of cancer sticks if my drivers license says im 18

its cow shit

btw, gplc is good stuff, and the pp version is very very well dosed ;)

It is nice, but honestly I think if you are using any type of GPLC product you should be stacking it with ArginoCarn...the two together make workouts F*cking Rock!!!

How much Arginocarn do you add, Sean? In addition to 4.5g GPLC, I'd imagine that can be pretty intense. In a good way. :dance2:

Back